One of my biggest mistake in my entire travelling career is going to this place. I can probably write a book on the experience on this. The highlights are here:
1) The location itself - this almost near Sringere and not Chickmaglur. 58KM!!! Thankfully the road is not that bad and you are in mid of nature. Else god save us!! The last stretch is more of a treasure hunt - you miss a board and you know what can happen. There is one big signage as you enter chickmanglur and the next noticeable one is almost 50KM away!
2) We booked 2 days on the so called exe-villa! I must say big spacious villa with 4 beds and attached bathroom. It's not too clean - but if you are not fuzzy, manageable. The point they make is that we will clean it for you!!!
3) No room service in a executive villa. no room service to the extent of no intercom. if you have issues, walk all the way to the reception and in night there is no light on the path.
4) Food is horrible - i have had better food in road side daba's!
5) You get hot water only from 6:00 to 10:00 am - timings for hot water in a executive villa: can you believe this?
6) Dinner is server at 8:30 to 10:30 pm - timings for dinner. You can order anything else also, but must order 3hrs before i believe!!! Awesome
7) To top all this - there is a generator which runs 24hrs. so if you are looking for some quite place or hear the birds chirping, think twice. I later found that this is because of the power breakdown in the area. They could told me before i came - i did'nt have to travel 300KM to hear more noise than that in Bangalore!!!
In all, there is no major luxury nor good food nor good service - if you think you can compromise all these, this is the place!!!
We booked the place for 2days and had to cancel the second day! There are much better places and things to do in chickmaglur - please do not get conned with the website!
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Eye Holiday Homes Karnataka/Chikkamagalur, India