“Lovely South Indian food specially breakfast”
Review of South Indies

South Indies
Ranked #412 of 11,013 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2012

There are 2 branches in Bangalore as far as I am aware. One in Indira Nagar on the main 100ft road a little ahead of the CMH road crossing on the right side if you are headed towards old madras road. The other is opposite the police commissioner's office near cunningham road. Both are nice though different in ambience. Indira nagar one is more of an indoor restaurant with a couple of tables outside. It isnt a massive place but well done and maintained. They also have a private room on the first floor available for meetings and food. The other one is on the roof top of a building thoug covered from the top and with a bit more western ambience with things like a glass wall with water flowing on it etc. Net net both are nice and you dont need to worry about which one are you visiting. My favourite meal at South Indies is breakfast. I find the breakfast buffer a la south indian style absolutely lovely. It includes the standard items like idli, vada, pongal, poori bhaji, all types of dosas, fruits , chutneys and the killer coffee in the end. I havent needed booking ever and I have visited with groups as large as 8-10 people.
The only request I would make is to extend the breakfast closing time time to 11am instead of 1030am. On the weekends I find it tough to rush the whole family in the morning though we always manage to reach 'just in time'!
A must try place if you like to eat breakfast out sometimes!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for South Indies

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I visited the Infantry Road branch and we were 11 people in total. We ordered quite a lot and frankly we were absolutely full. The dishes tasted good. The staff were very courteous and the person taking the order had some good suggestions with explanation of the dishes. Not many do this. This helped order the dishes based on preference.

The ambiance of the restaurant (lighting) could have been better. Otherwise the artificial waterfall from the ceiling was an eye-catcher. They have a really unique cocktail, what I would call "South Indian Twist". We took our time deciding the drink we wanted. Tried a few unusual ones and liked it.

Child friendly, but I would have preferred if it were only adults. Well, that's me. The music was not too loud. Just perfect and soothing. The center of attraction was the Appam being made right in front of you and served fresh n hot. Liked it with the vegetable stew. Menu was creatively designed like a road map of the South India and instead of milestone, you have the price tags. Nice!!!

I'd love to comeback to the Infantry Road branch. Cheers!!!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

when I had gone on a sunday it was buffet. though offered many choices food wasn't excellent, but good enough. nice music and ambience.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Pricey but nice decor and atmosphere although the main reason for coming was to get to try south Indian dishes that aren't on normal restaurant menus. Food was really good and would definitely come again to try other dishes. As a vegan, I found plenty of options on the menu, although there weren't any vegan desserts (please add some!) and I had to explain many times to the serving staff that I didn't want dairy products as at one point the chef tried to add ghee even though I had explained beforehand to the head waiter that I didn't want ghee.
Service was erratic, at times I felt rushed, at other times I felt ignored and forgotten.
Would come back though because the food was tasty and different.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I were in bangalore for a business trip and one night I was alone for dinner, so i have choosen this restaurant not to far from my hotel in infantry road.
It's located at the 4th floor of an hotel, and the atmosfere is really nice, one big window with water falling down, smooth light.
The personell are very friendly and the service is fast.
I haven't made the reservation but i found easily place for myself.
The fod is from south indian and only veg.
It was spicy but not too much, and i found the taste really good.
Price maybe is a big high for indian style, i had one starter, one main course with indian bread, one beer and i jspent totally around 600 rupies.
But i can sugest this restaurant to other people who would like to spend a night enjoying southern indian food