“About this property, "A very basic hotel with average food"”

Hotel Empire International, Koramangala
Ranked #296 of 676 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I came to this hotel few times and the food isn't great and its overly priced. There is too much of color and oil in their cuisine. In terms of room types, most of the rooms are basic and have common amenities that are supposed to be there in every room. I don't understand how this hotel even got a three star!!?? The only good points about this hotel is that first,it has an good location and secondly their kitchen is open till 2am. Other than these points, there is nothing more to say about this property.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Abhilash S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

My experience would have been good enough if it hadn't been for 2 things -

At the time of check-in, the receptionist refused to accept advance payment by credit card and created a ruckus. Really unnecessary, he should have just taken the time to explain the need.

I was allotted a room on the second floor which ensure I didn't get a good night's, ahem, 2 nights' sleep. The housekeeping department was at the end of the corridor, and oh boy, did they get calls or what!\

They probably need to the get the rooms renovated as a huge corner of the bathroom door was broken

Apart from that, it has a good location and the restaurant is also good.

Definitely good for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a room faaar away from the housekeeping department
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FidaR
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice in one month for a total of 2 weeks (arriving and leaving by air from Bangalore), while visiting friends to attend a wedding in Koramangala and vacationing in Goa. The first room I had was very large and had an amazingly long window (the full length of the room) fronting the street. The bed was comfortable and the accommodation was generally adequate. The bathroom was acceptable, although the ventilation did not allow it to ever dry completely. My only complaint for this room was the smoke from the restaurant below was coming into the room, so there was a continous odour of kitchen smoke. I asked the cleaning staff to not open the windows, but I don't think they understood. I would have preferred to just use the aircon to ventilate the room. There are two restaurants in the hotel which were excellent for the price. A peculiarity of the room service is that certian dishes were only available at different times of the day, but this was a minor inconvenience. The free breakfast was quite good. Usually milk tea, omellete, with chapatti, and sweet lassi drink. On my return trip, because of the kitchen smoke, I requested a different room. This room was much smaller but did not have the smoke. It was however somewhat louder since it nearer the rooftop restaurant which operates late into the night. One might also mention that Bangalore never seems to sleep and there is traffic noise well into 2 am (constant honking of horns and traffic rumble). The service was quite good, if perhaps a little overenthusiastic (I think I might have been overtipping by quite a lot since I was ignorant of the going rate). I was woken up for the free breakfast on several occasions when I had requested to be allowed to "sleep in" because of a late night...but again, I did not really mind this. The management helped on several occasions when I requested services that were not offered by the hotel and were very gracious about locating services for me. The hotel hire cars are a bit on the pricey side, but the convenience and safey may outweigh the cost. This is a Moslem hotel, so be aware alcohol may not be brought into the room (which is good if you don't want drunken neighbors I suppose), which was fine by me since I hardly drink. All in all, I found it to be very reasonably priced, and I enjoyed the food in the restaurants and room service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank patrick_ca_11
Reviewed 4 February 2012

we planned the trip to bangalore for the new year and Empire international was perfect.
The location was good , food from the restaurent was awesome and the staff were very healpful.
The only problem we had was that the rooms we booked was not the one we got but the staff accomodated us as our request / as per their availabily.
The hotel need renovation , room and toilet were clean but looks old.

Room Tip: If you want a good night sleep then take a room on the top floor ( 02nd ).. the room service phone o...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Aminath A
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed in Hotel Empire International in the first week of January. We had gone for office work and our office was located 5 minutes from this Hotel. The Hotel interiors are decent. The rooms are a bit weirdly shaped but they are OK. Cleanliness is something this hotel needs to work on. The bathrooms are also not upto mark. They should capitalize on the location and make sure they maintain the property better. At the same price range I am sure you can get a better hotel. Negative on cleanliness and the overall quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business