Book In Advance
Tours from Unventured Expeditions tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Unventured Expeditions
from US$ 72.00
from US$ 118.00
from US$ 72.00
from US$ 52.00
More Info
All reviews nandi hills bicycle tour support vehicle scuba diving bhutan trip utmost care the entire trip an unforgettable experience knowledgeable guide great guide hindu temple tej guru yercaud cyclists culture pottery
Reviewed 1 week ago

I was one of a group 8 Australians on a 13 day bike tour with Unventured through Sikkim. The average age of the group was 62 yrs old, the rides weren't easy but wow what a blast! It was well worth the effort we put in. Unventured took care of us from the first email as we tentatively enquired about the possibility of 8 old blokes riding in the Himalayan foothills. Shwetha took her time in helping us in those early days to realise we could do it. She listened carefully to what we were after and with the help of Gurudeep designed a trip exclusively for our group. Once things firmed up we had a couple of 'face time' calls t to get to know each other a little more and address any doubts.
We all flew into Calcutta where Gurudeep met us at the airport. We had two amazing days in Calcutta. We advised them what we were hoping to see in Calcutta and Unventured made it happen.They had our tickets arranged for a flight to Bagdogra, and on arrival we were greeted by wonderfully reliable Sanjay and his bus for a 4 hour journey to Gangtok. He remained with us for the duration of the trip.
Unventured had our accommodation, food, bikes and itinerary sorted perfectly. We had only to turn up and ride. The next 2 weeks included rides to Rumtek, Temi tea garden, Ravangla, Yuksom, Pelling, Namchi, Kalimpog and Darjeeling. We rode about 375 Ks with an elevation gain of about 18,00 metres. We were ably guided by the wonderful Gurudeep who did a fabulous job ensuring the trip went smoothly. He has the ability to become part of the group in a very unassuming way. He had a lot to do and was no doubt well supported by Shwetha, Priya and co in head office but he did a great job in keeping things running smoothly. As well as seeing some of the best countryside, monasteries, villages and mountains we could have ever imagined, Gurudeep ensured our trip was a culinary delight and you can imagine how delightful the food and beer were after a days riding. Make no mistake this is not a trip for the faint hearted or the ill prepared but it's amazing how the body and mind gets into rhythm and 'away you go'. Do not assume you can't do it. We were trailed by a jeep and and the trusty Premit and Rupen - at any point we could load our bikes into the jeep and take a ride to the top of the mountain if it got too much. This option was rarely used but its nice to know it's there.
Anyway a big 'shout out' to Unventured. We reckon you have a winning formula so well done to you all. As a group we have been riding together for 10 years with quite a few overseas trips included along the way. I can't speak for everyone in the group, although I probably am, but this trip was pretty well the most amazing ever. We went with a good attitude and were well prepared which undoubtably helped but the icing on the cake was Unventured and their professionalism and eye for detail. We are busily looking toward our next ride and yep at the moment it looks like it'll be with Unventured.

1  Thank Shane S
Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Review of: Mysore Day Tour

I traveled to Bangalore for work with plans to travel north to tour the Golden Triangle, but before leaving Bangalore, I wanted to see the local environs and venture beyond the tech bubble I was in. A last minute booking with Unventured was coordinated with precision and it resulted in a day of learning, great conversation and cultural experience. I cannot recommend Guru and his team enough. In fact, Guru led our day trip to Mysore and showed us places and experiences along the way that I know first hand I wouldn't have experienced with another tour company. Aside and context: I booked a tour up north with a well respected tour operator, and had a great trip, but I wasn't "on the ground and immersed" the way that one day with Unventured proved to be. Thanks to Guru (and Arun) for a wonderful day. I plan to book a walking your of Bangalore with Unventured when I’m in town again. For those travelers interested in booking with Unventured, expect an immersive but relaxed experience and excellent guides passionate about India, history, nature, all of it. Thanks, y’all!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile
Review of: Mysore Day Tour

What a great service organization. From the first trip with Tej to my mysore trip with Arjun and my planned visit to Goa this weekend...it is great to know Priya is organizing everything. I just pay one very reasonable price and I can be treated like a rock star for a day or weekend. In their care I always felt safe while we could have fun learning about whatever location we visited. Thanks Unventured!!!

2  Thank Rich L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a memorable trip in Tamil Nadu. A tailor made 3 Day trip for us with Tej from Unventured. Starting in Pudacherry with hot & hilly climbs to Yercaud, my mind as well as my body got a work out! Tej was a wonderful guide who provided us with gems of information on the history, economy and politics of South India. So it was not just about the bike...it was a memorable experience into rural India, its people, its culture, its majestic Temples. The bikes were first class as was the accommodation provided. My appetite is not satisfied. I will be back for more. thank you Tej.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We already did a lot of tours with Unventured in Bangalore. We live here and everytime we have guests I ask for the lovely Tej (my favourit guide) to do a tour with us. Even I see and learn something new on each tour. The guides are very passionate and know a lot about the city. Any of their tours are planed and organised so well. You can also get your custom made tour, if you like to. You learn about culture, history, day to day live, religion and typical food.
Its the best experience to get to know the beating heart of a city and it also works very well for camera people like me, who love to take colourful and authentic pictures.

Thanks again Tej, you are doing a wonderful job!

Love, Joe

1  Thank JoeEber
Tejaswini G, Owner at Unventured Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Joe, we look forward to showing our city to your guests.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Arjun is a great tour guide; learned lots about the area and had fun while doing it. The bikes were really good too.

Will definitely recommend this tour.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

This was precisely what I needed after hours on the plane to get here and a day lost to jet lag. Arjun was a great guide, with the right amount of history and current politics, nicely delivered and the sensitivity to recognise the diverse needs of group members. The day was packed with wonderful experiences...from the drive up to the hills, the delicious breakfast and equally scrumptious lunch, the fun ride, the stops to learn, experience and reflect, and most of all, to laugh. Thank you Priya for putting it together so fast, and thank you Arjun for a memorable day!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We had this tour as part of a trip with our school, I've never been a tour type of traveller, but I've got to say that this is by far the best tour I've had in my life (not exaggerating here) Guru, Arzjun and Aaron (I hope I've spelled that right) went far and beyond to accommodate our interests on the tour, they had everything under control and made it a super enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Great tour of the market and other sites. Breakfast was simple but very good traditional food. Archana was very knowledgeable and speaks fluent English.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I am a Bangalorean who has been to Nandi many times but never was a visit as well organised and memorable as this one. The treasures of Nandi Hills are around it rather than on it. Our tour guide was very knowlegable and full of anecdotes. The places shown to us were priceless, especially of course the colonial railway station. The food was great and cycling along village roads was lovely. So glad I decided to go. My memories will last a lifetime.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank PriyaS1811