“Bicycle tour of Beautiful Bangalore!”

Unventured Expeditions
US$ 81.00*
Flavours of South Bangalore on a Bicycle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Unventured brings to you the best of adventure expeditions across Incredible India! Our guided #BikeTours are off the beaten track and blend the best of small group adventure, exploration, travel & exposure to the local culture, real world experiences but with a softer landing. At Unventured we have 3 unique ways to discover Incredible India and appease the traveler, history/culture buff, foodie and the nature lover in you 1. Day Tours: City Explorations as walking tours, cycling tours and tuk-tuk tours in and around Bengaluru. Short day tours that combine, culture, history and food in exploring the city of Bangalore/Bengaluru and its countryside. 2. Weekend Trails: 2-4 days trails exploring the countryside on a bike, these are typically trails off the beaten path with an element of cycling endurance, beautiful natural views, culture, history and local cuisine. 3. Long Haul Expeditions: 8 - 15 Day expeditions to discover Incredible India. From the Himalayan mountains to the deserts of Rajasthan, the backwaters of "Gods Own Country" Kerala, to the blue mountains of peninsular India and the vast central plains of India we invite you on biking expeditions that will make of a deeper insight into this tranquil land of many cultures, varying natural scape, cuisine, customs, religions and traditions. You'll get to meet the local people interact with them and learn of their culture and way of life. Small Group Adventures, for the Discerning Traveler. Go...#GetUnventured At Unventured we are obsessed with this need to provide travelers with an off the beaten path real world experience that will leave them amazed. We do this with the element of safety and security in mind and provide simple but essential support to discover the Unventured - natural wealth, cultural diversity and natural history of the places we travel to.
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I woke up bright and early on a Sunday morning, met at my hotel by my guide, Aarti for the 1/2 day bicycle tour of Bangalore. We started out with a leisurely ride landing 10minutes later at the MTR, a famous local traditional Indian breakfast restaurant. This is where I discovered the joy of Idlii (= rice and lentil, fluffy cake with chutney and other sauces), washed down with the most amazing (& hot!) cup of coffee served in silver mugs. Nice conversation with regular patrons of this Indian version of the neighborhood diner, and we were on our way. The ride continued with tours of some absolutely gorgeous temples, purchasing a coconut and flowers as offering for the gods. The priest accepted the offerings and said a prayer for our safe travels.nwe toured the backstreets of the city, visiting more temples, all the while Aarti providing informative and insightful tidbits of the history and traditions along the way.
We finished off at the last temple with a freshly cracked coconut, enjoying the thirst-quenching milk and eating the coconut flesh. All fueled up we ended up right back where we started, 5 hours of fascination and fun.

I recommend this tour for those who want to see the real India, not for the feint of heart as traffic can be a bit heavy in some places but while it can get busy on the roads, drivers were forgiving and more accommodating than other cities I've cycled in N.American and thru Asia.

2  Thank Paul D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I joined the Sikkim trip last year and it was a great experience! I've done other solo bike trips on my own, but as I was new to the country and it was difficult to organize by myself I decided to join Unventured group. Decision with which I have no regrets! Staff is very well prepared, and logistics are very good. I would really recommend to friends.
During the trip, we had an unfortunate incident, one of the girls fell down from the bike, but our guide was very good to handle the situation, trained on medical first aid, he had all that was required and more to patch her up. They even took her to a nearby hospital just in case to check for small fractures, which fortunately she hadn't. All this without impacting the organization of the tour. The team is very well prepared to handle situations like that.
Asides that event, it was a very nice trip, we visited old monasteries, had good local food and drinks, stayed in couple of really great homestays. Views of the mountains along the trail are amazing. And the view of Kanchenjunga will leave you without words.

4  Thank Oscar P
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough about these guys – they worked with our (changing) schedule, which changed about three times, handled changing numbers of people, and, when they found out we were arriving in the middle of the night, opened up the homes of one of their partners to us. On the trip, By day two, riding with Gurudeep A.k.a. guru felt just like riding with another friend of ours. Plus, when the dust got too much for my asthma Guru consulted his physician brother and we rode our bikes directly to a pharmacy! We LOVED our stay on a working vanilla plantation, add a wild game preserve, and seeing all the people and animals in the villages we rode through.

4  Thank Babstravele
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I did a half day city tour of Bengaluru with Tejaswini and it was brilliant!
As someone who doesn't really like "Temple" tours I really enjoyed it.
The guide listened to what my sort of interests were and tailored the tour accordingly, within the description of the tour of course.
The best part for me was the authentic Indian restaurant/café for lunch.
Tejaswini even organized a little tour of the kitchen with the owner where I saw how naan bread was made - simple yet fascinating.
I would definitely recommend using unventured!!!

4  Thank Gareth E
Tejaswini G, Owner at Unventured Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear Gareth,

Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to showing you more of our country and share unique experiences. Thrilled to know you liked the Kitchen tour.

Warm Regards,
Team Unventured

Reviewed 11 March 2017

A great way to escape the bustle of Bangalore and experience the countryside close up. I was picked up from my hotel at 06:30. We drove out of town and started with breakfast. The ride was not strenuous - about 25km with plenty of stops - and included:
- Nandi temple
- Silk farm
- Pottery
- Colonial railway station
- Marigold fields
- and many other points of interest...
The tour ended with a tasty lunch. Tej is a wonderful and knowledgable guide who makes you feel welcome and informed throughout. If you are not a regular cyclist don't be put off. The Nandi Hills ride is very gentle and truly unique. Do it!

The company offers many other tours that sound excellent.

2  Thank JudeSunFlower
Tejaswini G, Owner at Unventured Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi Jude,

Thank you for your kind words, we are thrilled to know you had a great time on the trail, it assures us that there is more to Bangalore than IT and we thank you for taking the time to explore our city with us. We are looking forward to have you join us on our other trails through India, Bhutan and Europe.

Team Unventured