“MMM MMM Good Lobster Dim Sum!”
Review of The Lantern

The Lantern
Ranked #48 of 11,584 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lantern is a remarkable amalgam of casual fine dining and cutting-edge nightlife designed by International avant garde designers Super Potato. Resembling a Chinese lantern, the restaurant's unique dining and lifestyle experiences explore diverse aspects of the world-famous Chinese cuisine. Authentic Dim Sum creations explore the complex interplay of flavor, color, aroma and texture while regional specialties from across China such as hot and sour chicken soup and 'ma po' tofu celebrate the time-honored classics of China's distinguished culinary history. Two levels of indoor seating are characterized by rich hardwoods and stately granites. Exotic textiles and porcelain vessels line the walls and recessed lighting bathes each table in a warm luminescence. Outdoors, the alfresco dining experience is accentuated by lush foliage and the gentle gurgle of flowing water. Occupying the third level of the venue, the fashionably spare Lantern Bar serves distinctive Asian beverages, spirits, wines, cocktails and beer. Fragrant masterpieces from across the Chinese culinary tradition Indoor and outdoor restaurant seating Evocative Oriental décor Stylish lifestyle bar Distinctive Asian spirits and mixed drinks
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Chef Tenzin is in control if want Duck or lobster or fried rice or noodles hes the man to see. Great Staff great food loved it.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

It was a little challenging to find the restaurant, but once asked, we were led down elevators through wine shelves to find a very nice dinning area. I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but we felt like we were the only people eating in the entire place, the service was so personalized. Each dish was delicious and I would eat here every time I return.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I went for a group lunch here on a cold afternoon in December and the hot dim sums were just perfect. We sat outdoors and loved the fresh air and the sun.

There is a wide selection of dim sums to choose from, we, I think tried a number of them. The one with Shrimp stood out for me.

The mains were delicious too.

It is good if you are out for a 5 star meal. Or I also recommend that just have the dumplings and skip the other mains.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Yes please. They make their dumplings in house and the service was exceptional. Sitting outside with a drink was the perfect way to end a day.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

After 4 days of Indian food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, my stomach need a break. Don't get me wrong, I love Indian food and spice but was ready for a change. I did not expect to go for Chinese but that's where my local friend took me. My expectations were low even though the restaurant was located in the Ritz (thinking probably fancy and not super authentic. But when we arrived the decor was architectural digest worthy and tastefully modern Chinese execution.

The dim sum was not only delicious but the presentation was up there with the best I have had in Hong Kong, New York, Toronto and across China. Some of my choices were the lobster dumplings, spinach and mushroom dumplings, chow foon wrapped shrimp, and clay pot chicken. All excellent. I was so impressed I inquired on the chef expecting to hear that he/she was from Hong Kong but in fact the chef was from Malaysia.

The bill was over $300 for 3 people with 2 cocktails and 2 glasses of wine included so a bit pricey but for me worth it.

The wine selection was also excellent.

You can finish off the night at BANG on the roof of the Ritz.