“Excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shreyas Yoga Retreat
Wandering Kiwi
“Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed in the tent chalets and would do so again, fabulous. Food is varied and delicious, even though I am not a vegetarian I did not miss meat at all as the tastes and quantity were always spot on. I was a yoga beginner and the instructors were understanding, supportive and helpful, I loved it, no pressure. The highlight though is the staff attitude and their service, impeccably professional, polite and friendly. Always willing to help sort out anything, no problem is to small. I was sad to leave the genuine care I felt while staying at Shreyas and re-enter the real world! No problem, I will be back..

Regarding the bad review from "coldparis" 25 Dec 2011 on this website, this must be the type of person who turns up in Italy and complains the tower in Pisa is not straight and is leaning over.

Room Tip: Stay by the pool or if you prefer seclusion the garden chalets are great
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank gnt4breAKFAST
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

First, I would like to make a comment on the review that is listed prior to mine. If any reasonable person reads all the other glowing reviews prior to this one , you will understand that that reviewer was not so reasonable. I was at the resort at the same time as the individual who wrote that review.

There are some people who you meet that you so much hope that at some time they will be happy This woman had a negative comment or opinion about everything and even things related to the other guests. She should not have come to such a special wonderful place and I often wondered why she chose such it. The spirit of the place is to grow, explore, rest, an eat wonderful food. She seemed just focused on finding fault. I made many offerings for her in my prayers.

During my stay, there were only a few guests party due to the time of the year,and partly due to the struggling European economy. With the exception of the person I mentioned, I met the most wonderful people. Every guest who came and went while I was there, was friendly, warm, interesting and very interested in what Shreyas had to offer them. They were open to possibilities. Every day and minute that I felt like a royal. Every class was available to me or the other few guests, the meals were all wonderfully and deliciously prepared, my experience was the best I have had globally at resorts such as this.

I am an seasoned yoga practitioner and I frequently travel on yoga retreats throughout the world. My yoga practice deepend significantly as a result of the wonderful teachers at Shreyas. I expanded my knowledge of pranayama, meditation, yoganidra, etc. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend Shreyas to everyone, and I have. I also spent a day farming and serving lunch at an orphanage. The latter is supported by both Shreyas and many of the former guests. Like my entire 16 day stay, it was a memorable experience.

Don't be shy! The beauty of Shreyas is that it is run like an Ashram with a plethora of wonderful classes and activities, BUT, tyou can choose to just sit at the pool and absorb all of the good karma.

Namaste

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank stelmarkit
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Shreyas is paradise.
I never received so much attention in each and every detail. Each and every member of staff went far out of his (or her) way, so to make our stay memorable.
I have never felt so energised and healthy after a holiday. All the activities in Shreyas contributed to balance and serenity. The food was special and I can only recommend this gem with enthusiasm!
Giacomo

Room Tip: Garden Bungalows are better than the poolside rooms, due to more privacy
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Giacomo B
Mumbai, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

I went to sheryas only because its a member of Relais & Chateaux, and I wonder how did the clever owner has managed to acquire the most respected stamp of excellence!I have stayed at several of their peoperties and this one was a far cry from the word go!ok let's take the good part first:the staff slaves very well to please a guest well within the boundry of what's being provided to a guest.the amenities are all that you wil find at that price tag.the most shockingly blatent thing is serving cheap food of no quality in the name og healthy food.don't they know healthy does not mean cheap repetitive tasteless dished clearly prepared by a non professional cook.India has such amazing arrey of foods from all its diverse states that it was a huge let downer to eat squash 4 times in a week.if we had tofu in the evening next morning the leftover tofu would be served as patties,or steamed veegies would be recycled in the soup, or leftover salad was served next morning as juice !!roasted corn leftovers was served revamped as a soup!almost every day lunch consisted of a recycled dish.the food quality was a very big disappointment for us.we are used to eating healty light food but the quality and taste of our food is never this insipd..I will never recommend this place to any one..in the name of a yoga retreat they offer you all mixed up un authentic meditation,chanting and aurveda.the excercises were good but the rest was absolutely poor copy of the real stuff.what a pity that most uninitiated folks will get this false notiopn of what true meditation or aurveda is all about.folks please don't fall for this trap.I prefer honest streight places that make no tall false claimes like this one.its not worth the money at all.the bathrooms are cheaply done up.the rooms are basic and not value for money.the polite staff makes you overlook all the holes..

• Stayed December 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank coldparis
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

While I only had a one night stay as I was attending a wedding nearby, I had a very special stay at Shreyas. From making a booking to checking out and all the moments in between, the service was impeccable. The hotel has a very serene ambiance and is set in beautiful grounds. The meals are a real high point - vegetarian, simple but delicious and served with with such gracious service. I can see this being a wonderful place for a few days switching off from the world.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends