Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews courteous staff chantry bangalore services team mr
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2016

I booked it by mistake, as I had meant to go to the Chancery Pavilion, their sister hotel, where I had stayed on my previous visit to Bangalore. Unfortunately they like to allow people to organise incredibly noisy private parties, and on Friday there was one in the lobby in the afternoon, which meant that I couldn't have my normal afternoon sleep as the room was even shaking, this was followed by one above my room in the evening, I rang down about it and was assured that it would be finished by 11.30, it wasn't! The rooms are badly in need of refurbishment, the bathroom in particular, the bath is a perfect size for a six year old child, but not for me. The only redeeming factor was a decent dinner in their restaurant, which came as a pleasant surprise. Another problem was the lack of hot water on the first morning, I was told to wait 15 minutes for the water to heat up, which would have made me late for breakfast. The bathroom was terribly out of date, as you will be able to see from the photos. The manager was helpful and sympathetic and removed one night from my bill.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lordofthepieslondon
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Greetings !!!

Thank you for taking the time and share with us your valuable feedback. We apologize for the lack of proper service during your visit and the subsequent inconvenience caused to you.

We have taken your feedback seriously and are in progress to attend all the possible changes for the improvement of guest services.

We do hope that this unpleasant experience will not diminish your opinion of The Chancery and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I participated in a workshop here, Location is easily accessible and quite close to M G Road. Since we were in a group, at the time of Check-In rooms were not ready and reception staff was having no option but keep us waiting in the lobby, overall it was time consuming. In-Room Dining service was on-time.
We've used Walton meeting room and I notice that there was no fire alarm system (no smoke detectors, no exit sign inside room) so please consider this review as scope for improvement. Good variety of food during breakfast/lunch.
Value for money wise it's okay considering central location and overall appearance.

Room tip: Road facing rooms have nice city view, you can see cathedral and stadium from room balcony.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Chancery!!!

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Chancery and I thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read the review posted by you and are grateful for your recommendation and suggestion. We have discussed with our team member about your review for our improvement.

We value your support and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

It is only for Japanese, they won't treat Indians properly in this hotel, food is too costly and valuable, only the reception staff were helpful,the restaurant staff and services staff were at their worst, location wise it is ok .But rest all things not satisfactory.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunilK3224
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Greetings !!!

The requisite staff have been briefed on the service standard expected of The Chancery.

We have taken your suggestions to improve the quality service with proper training and we will look into how to best incorporate your suggestions.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Visited with my business partner for lunch. Compared to my last visit in 2015 this was a horrible experience with the quality of the food.
For name sake they had one mutton, chicken and a fish dish. None of them was fresh nor tasty. I tried the ragi ball which I think Chancery redefined the taste, It was very bad.
Probably we were the only guest who visited for lunch.
Chancery management should give a thought on reworking.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Stayed here in September 2016. Room Card Access was not working during my entire stay of 2 nights though they assured it will be sorted within few hours of check in.Had to undergo the agony of calling someone to open the room everytime!!!!!

Room Service is good and enjoyed the food. Rooms need renovation.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016