“Nice hotel with service that makes up for subtle wear and tear”
Review of The Lalit Ashok

The Lalit Ashok
Ranked #37 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Buffalo/NYC
“Nice hotel with service that makes up for subtle wear and tear”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed in room 306 and was pleased with the overall stay

Positives:
- staff is super attentive from housekeeping to the restaurant to the spa
- rates are very affordable especially given the level of service.
- cars readily available on short notice
- beds are comfortable
- arrived on my birthday and was greeted by a staff member who said happy birthday and provided me with a cake from the pastry shop. Wow.

Cons:
- bathroom is a little beat up. it is still sufficient, but its been a few years since things have changed. they make up for that by having nice towels and amenitities in soaps. but you cna tell the hotel is getting close to needing some updating bathroom wise.
- near train station. early morning train whistles can be heard.
- night club on first floor. I imagine rooms on second floor might hear the pounding music on friday and saturday.

Overall
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. the rates and the breakfast were top notch. every single employee had a smile and was eager to help. No complaints.

Room Tip: get breakfast included in rate. very good
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank binaural02
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Male
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Comfortable and reasonable hotel .
The LaLiT Ashok Hotel Bangalore is also conveniently located near corporate offices such as SAP India, IBM, Accenture, Hewlett Packard and CISCO. This business
hotels in Bangalore is also close to the city’s prime commercial, banking hubs, shopping centre and railway station, thereby promising to offer world class hospitality to all those who visit luxury hotel Bangalore. Apart from a wonderful climate that makes Bangalore a year round destination; other places of tourists’ interest include Vidhana Soudha, Cubbon Park, The Bull Temple, Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum, Lal Bagh Gardens and Nandi Hills.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I had a great stay at Lalit Ashok, its write at the center of the city. lovely gardens and spa. Gym view is very nice while doing the workout. OkO has delicious food served. In total had a good stay..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cool123456789_12
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I recently travelled from UK to Bangalore to meet my friends there. It was a family trip and I stayed at The Lalit Ashok , Bangalore for a week . The rooms were amazing and extremely comfortable. My wife was so impressed with the room services especially from a mother’s point of view. She was telling me that I didn't go wrong this time with my selection of hotel in India. My baby had a good time there as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were well attended by the staff who helped us to arrange transportation services and guided us to visit the hot spot local attractions. I do not want to get into the nitty gritty of the services, however, I would say that, overall, I have received a fantastic services. Although I didn't enjoy the breakfast, it was faultless. The wifi service was better than I expected. I personally feel that our stay there was worth every penny. Thank you for making our stay a truly awesome experience at a reasonable price. Can I ask more than this.. the answer would be no.. cheers

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Europe
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed in The laLit Ashok, Bangalore for one week during my business trip on January 2010.
I had full service there and stayed there in very comfortable conditions.

What I appreciated much was the hotel service. Very polite and supporting you in any request you have, also related to spending your time outside the hotel.
I am very grateful for additional support I got:
1) I was using hotels' cars to travel to my work, once I lost my mobile phone in the car and even didn't realize that until the hotel reception called my office and asked if I lost my mobile. It was waiting form me at the reception desk after I arrived back from work.
2) I was leaving the hotel in the middle of the night, going to the airport. When I asked reception if I had any food box with me I got very rich packed lunch box, which surprised me very much as I didn't expect it. Thanks to that I could spend next couple of hours at the airport without being hungry.

Other good thing I experienced there was food in hotel restaurants. The Indian one inside - very delicious Indian food and services at high level, Thai one on the roof of the hotel serving very tasty food as well.

I can fully recommend this hotel either for tourist or business stay. You can have full service there, clean rooms, nice breakfast, sleeping very comfortable, having breakfast at the swimming pool was charming.
Really enjoyed staying there !

Room Tip: I had a room with the view on the pool, enjoyed this.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business