Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews krishna prakash full marks teachings asana sir india mudra team institute pollution
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2020

After completing the 200hrs in 2016, my partner and I chose to return to Shrimath in 2020 and complete the 500hrs.

It was an amazing experience. We got to delve deep into traditional yoga and learn the whole system from the source. Krishna is a knowledgeable teacher who lives the traditions that he passes on.

The highlight was a two-day trip to Sringeri, where we got to visit a Hindu temple and witness traditional rituals. It was like getting a peek into a different world and really helped to ground what we were learning at the school.

The food was delicious and Kamal even gave me a few South Indian cooking classes. The campus is quiet and pleasant. Getting there was easy and Uday, Shrimath's designated driver, met us at the airport at 4 am with no problems.

You will be pushed, and you have to put in the work, but keep an open mind and you will have a life changing experience.

Date of stay: March 2020
shrimathy0ga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2020

Grateful for the review. Take care. Be safe. Warm regards, Shrimath team.

Reviewed 16 March 2020

I personally recommend Shrimath Yoga School. I did their 200 hour yoga teacher training and I learned so much while I was there. Months later, I am continuing to benefit from the knowledge and experience I acquired during this time.

I had never been to India prior to attending this school. It was a wonderful way to start off my trip to India. I felt very welcomed, safe and at home at Shrimath Yoga.

The instructors were kind, warm and knowledgeable. They answered every single question I had and even helped me develop a personalized routine for my own practice upon leaving the school. I learned a lot about practicing and teaching yoga- not just the poses but about meditation, pranayama, and the other more spiritual and inner aspects of yoga as well as overall health. As someone who had practiced yoga for years, I didn't realize I was missing so much foundational information and practice and I was very glad to receive that at Shrimath.

I can't speak highly enough about the food. It was some of the best food I had throughout my 4 months in India and I missed it so much when I left (and still do)! You will get plenty to eat and you will probably overeat because the cook is so talented!

The supporting staff are very kind and helpful. The environment is quiet and very beautiful with lots of trees and flowers.

The experience of visiting the local school almost every day to help with teaching was a really wonderful part of the course.

Thank you so much to everyone at Shrimath Yoga! :)

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank ghs4square12
shrimathy0ga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2020

Grateful. Thanks a lot. Warm regards, Shrimath team

Reviewed 10 February 2020 via mobile

I have been an Ashtanga Yoga practitioner since 2008. But that was something that I did as a routine. A rather inconsistent routine. But I knew I loved practicing asanas. I loved the way my body felt after every practice. But I was never particularly inclined towards Pranayama. It wouldn't be wrong to say that I hadn't developed stability to practice Pranayama. I had always been confused about which career path to take.
It was in early 2019 that I decided that I wanted to be a yoga teacher. Full time. I trained under my guru Prahalad Kulkarni. I felt confident.. Asana wise. I was able to do Pranayama for longer durations now, but I knew I needed more practice and orientation.
Also, I needed a certificate from a reputed institute. I checked out a few places at mysore. But the options were too many. I felt confused. The fees at all these institutions were on the higher end for me, a middle class, non working Indian. If I was going to pay that much, I wanted it to be worth it.
That's when I contacted Mr Arun Seetharaman, from Transdisciplinary University. Without a moment of hesitation, he suggested Shrimath. I trusted his word and enrolled myself for the 200 + the 500 hrs program.
And I'm definitely glad I did. I completed the course in December 2019 and I'm more confident about my career choice. Thanks to Shrimath.
At Shrimath, you are guaranteed a holistic approach to yoga, covering the 8 limbs of it. If you are looking for a place to learn asanas, this may not be the one for you. But if you're looking for a place to understand yoga, and why your body and mind needs it, this is definitely the place. Meditation, yoga nidra and theory classes are meaningful and in depth. If you are serious about learning the real meaning of Yoga, come to Shrimath. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
shrimathy0ga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Thanks for taking time out and reviewing your studies at Shrimath. Our respects and regards to your Guru Sri Prahlad and Sri Arun Seetharam. Hearty wishes. Warm regards, Shrimath team.

Reviewed 22 January 2020

After spending 2 decades in cooperates it was not easy to move away from it an even more difficult to decide on which yoga to join as I had never been to any yoga studio or yoga club ! As I wanted to start from basics I started my search and it all boiled down to Shrimath Yoga !
This is one place wr you feel like you have got back not only to school but it has the old world charm of sitting under a tree in the open and learning like the traditional Indian way ...
I wld highly recommend this certification program for all who seriously wld like to take up yoga as a life style and also to all of us who wld want to be away from the busy city life.
KP ( as we all like to call him ) takes his yoga teaching very seriously and professionally!
It was a wonderful break and a thought invoking and learning experience... am surely planning to take up the advance 500hrs course and also have planned to send my son in future ..
A big thanks to all at Shrimath

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
shrimathy0ga, Owner at Shrimath Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2020

A big thanks to you as well. Out of half a dozen enquiries from the corporate stalwarts like you, only you took the decision to undergo the course. Salute to your courage. Your presence and participation made the course a better learning experience for everyone. Grateful. Warm regards, Shrimath team.

Reviewed 14 January 2020 via mobile

For me life was rippling along and then a sudden storm of change showed up and disrupted what little serenity I had left. Old enemies I thought were defeated like fear and insecurity returned, throwing me off kilter. My mind frantically tried to find a solution to fix the issues, the challenges, and the perceived problem, adding to my internal chaos.

How do we stay calm, cool, and collected when we find the world around us has become chaotic and out of control? How do we learn to stare down any situation with inner peace and an ability to remain tranquil?

One of the first things we can do when attempting to navigate a bumpy crossroads is build an inner place of peace. Taking time to cultivate a practice of quiet and learning to sit still for long enough to feel a sense of sacred space within.

I found that step by step practice and the time to cement it into a daily routine at Shrimath. The knowledge acquired here changed dramatically how I operate in the world. I am eternally grateful for the knowledgeable staff, great food and Peaceful atmosphere. I would highly recommend Shrimath for anyone interested in furthering thier journey of self discovery

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks. Your return after 7 years, this time with your life partner, to undergo the comprehensive 200hrs and 500hrs studies is a trend setter. Now we have another couple in March 2020. Thanks for your invaluable support and wishing you the very best. Warm regards, Krishna.