“Exceptional. Oberoi exceeds every expectation imagineable.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oberoi, Bengaluru

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Los Angeles, California
“Exceptional. Oberoi exceeds every expectation imagineable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

After staying in numerous 5, 6, and even 7 star hotels, none compares to that of The Oberoi. The grounds itself are spectacular and fabulously well-kept. The rooms are what you would expect of a 5 star hotel (though nothing too special), but I soon learned it is the staff and service that are unparalled. No other hotel could possibly treat you as well as this one. From the excellent food prepared by Chef Gautam to the extremely helpful managers and staff, The Oberoi goes well above and beyond anything you could want. This is the type of hotel where they give such attention to detail, you're left baffled by their surprises. They already know what you want before you even think to ask. Somethign as simple as leaving empty wrappers of your favorite cookies in the trash cues the staff to surprise you by delivering the very same cookies to your room. Aside from that, there were complimentary dishes (all amazing) at one of their many restaurants, Le Jardin. Enormous breakfast buffet, gym, and other facilities are the best of it's kind. They really make an effort to get to know you and make your trip so comfortable that you're forced to wonder how people so generous could even exist. One of a kind and beats any other 5 star hotel in the area without a doubt. A must stay in Bangalore- whether it's for the comfort, the service, or the spectacular food.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sonia1248
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation and encouragement for our team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

Your positive observations regarding our rooms, garden and also on your dining experience is inspirational for all of us. Chef. Gautam was also delighted to note that his efforts were so well appreciated.

It is our endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our product and services. We are delighted to note that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of your return and assuring you of our best service and attention at all times.

huvida.marshall@oberoi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

The Oberoi in Bangalore is an Island of serenity and beauty in the middle of a crowed noisy city. There is a very good reason that this hotel is a 5 star hotel! When you enter the hotel from a very crowed you are greet by a security staff and the front the hotel that is something from a more elegant past. I was picked up at the airport and driven to the hotel - during the drive, I was asked if I would like something refreshing to be in my room when I arrive (I got in at 4:30 AM). I was met by a manager in the lobby with a single piece of paper to sign and then was taken to me room where I found the Iced tea and fresh fruit I requested on the drive in. The rooms are very comfortable and large and all have a balcony overlook the central courtyard and pool. The breakfast buffet is excellent and the various restaurants offer a variety of menus to meet even my lack of culinary curiosity. When dining or just having drink, you are in the main courtyard, This are is like being in another world - beautiful landscaping with ponds and creeks huge trees - another world! I saved the best for last - the SERVICE! The staff takes the time to know you and make your stay so nice you will not want to leave. I was there for 2 weeks and met with several managers and chef's (the chef's are awesome!). All of the staff was very attentive and personable. this will be my hotel of chioce when visiting Bangalore!

Room Tip: Upper floors. The hotel is U shaped so in the middle of the wing - this puts you far enough from th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark D
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay at The Oberoi, Bangalore.

We thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and are happy to read your compliments on our product and facilities.

We are also grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner. We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward!

We appreciate your support and patronage and thank you for giving us more opportunities to be of service.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We've been to five star resorts before but this was the first time at a five star hotel. From the time we stepped into the hotel to the time that we left, the service was simply outstanding. We stayed at The Oberoi on a weekend, as part of the spa package. As promised there was a fresh fruit juice welcome on arrival and in the room there were fresh mangoes (that were replaced without our asking when we had eaten even one).

The room service breakfast was just wonderful--the breakfast served for one person was enough to feed two adults and a toddler. The lunch was also quite good. The amount of food that they served was more than sufficient.

We had not told the hotel that we were there for our anniversary but because someone had sent flowers, they found out and then sent us a huge bouquet. As if that wasn't enough, they even sent us a delicious chocolate cake that we enjoyed.

The massages that we had at the spa were relaxing and you didn't want the experience to end even though the massage was 1.5 hours! The hotel staff sent my daughter a gift when we checked in and then when we visited the spa, the spa folks sent over another gift.

Even without all the extra stuff that they did, the experience was really good but what made it wonderful was that the staff went that extra mile to ensure that we had a great experience. I shudder to think of what I'll feel like when I go to a different hotel because they set the bar incredibly high at the Oberoi.

The icing on the cake was that when we checked out, we hadn't booked a cab so we were going to take an auto. The staff said that they'd get an auto inside the hotel for us and then decided that they'd drop us home in the hotel car, compliments of the hotel. It was simply an amazing way to end an amazing stay.

Room Tip: A room on the higher floor is nice because the view of the pool is nice from the top.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciate comments regarding your stay at The Oberoi, Bangalore. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

We are overwhelmed with your wonderful words of appreciation and it is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner. It is accolades likes this which help us in going a long way to ensure that we always keep our service standards as the best you will experience.

We thank you again for acknowledging our efforts and look forward to welcoming you back.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Throughout my 20 years of constant business travels, I'd stayed in so many hotels, including 5/6 stars, that I lost count. But Oberoi Hotel Bangalore stands out as providing the best services from my experience. From the friendly greetings from each staff, concierge services, to the detailed attention given to you by housekeeping, Oberoi goes out of their way to make you comfortable. To give an example - During my recent 2-week stay at this hotel, I ordered some items online that were to be delivered to the hotel for me for cash on delivery. However, the delivery times were difficult to coordinate and I missed the actual delivery while I was still in the office. The hotel took the initiative to accept and pay the delivery on my behalf without me evening knowing about or asking for such service. The charges were then just billed to my hotel room bill, and the items were delivered to my room. It's that easy, and unexpected.
There are too many positives about their services that I cannot mention them all.
Thank you Oberoi, and great job!

Room Tip: Rooms not facing M.G. Road are more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us.

We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore with the Trip Advisor community.

It was a delight to have been of service to you and we are happy to note that you found our service the best.

Your compliments have been conveyed to the entire team, who were overwhelmed to read your gracious words of appreciation and were happy that their efforts were so well appreciated.

It is our utmost focus at The Oberoi to provide our guests with personalised services and facilities which meets high standards of hospitality and it is feedback such as yours which is our greatest reward and motivates us to continue striving for excellence.

We look forward to the pleasure of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

The Oberoi is one of the best hotel chains that I have experienced - top notch! I travel weekly to various domestic (US) and international, staying at many of the finest hotels in major cities. From the check in process, the fantastic room, the workout facility, and even better service....I wish that I could have stayed there longer. I recommend the Thai restaurant. It was so good, that instead of venturing out to other highly recommended restaurants, we went back to ensure that it was not a fluke. Our waitress Amy was awesome! Again, take a breath and savor the beautiful hotel landscape and sites, but look around and notice the service. Great stuff Oberoi, I will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have had you stay at The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and also for your compliments on our product, garden, fitness centre and our Thai restaurant, Rim Naam.

I have conveyed your compliments to Amy, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We are also grateful for your appreciation of our services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation shall go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

My team and I thank you for your support and patronage and look forward to the delight of your continued visits to our hotel.