“An oasis in the middle of Bangalore.”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #2 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Oberoi, bengaluru has to be the best city hotel I've stayed in. This when it has to compete with the opulence of the Leela, the radical ambiance of the Park and the riches of the Gardenia. To begin with it is dead in the center of the city, next door to Taj and Ista and walking distance from two metro stations and bang on the MG Road. And yet, step into the hotel and you'd be cut off from the outside world as if you were on a retreat far away from the mess of a city. The hotel staff consider it a personal insult if you are left with even the slightest discomfort and as if their pampering wasn't enough, your personal butler would ensure you do not have to lift a finger during your stay at the hotel.

The rooms are very well designed and sleep quality is top notch. They also boast of anything you may need during your stay and more. Each room also has a balcony on the inside with an amazing view of greenery which only a Bangalore hotel could have. The balconies also overlook the swimming pool, vast greens and two of the hotel's best restaurants (which by the way merit a eulogy of their own). It really is a place where all you have to do is arrive.

Room Tip: Even though a second door ensures that any residual noise from the road outside is blocked, a simple...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful recommendation from you.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services . It is our constant endeavor to deliver personalised services and it is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

We look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have stayed at the Oberoi in Bangalore now four times over two years. They either keep a file on you or have great memory because my cold coffee and salmon omelet are usually being prepared for me in the breakfast room before I can order them.

The truth about staying in Bangalore however is location. Stay as close as possible to where you need to go, because it takes an hour to get just about anywhere!

1  Thank ladyerica
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

**************
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and we sincerely appreciate you sparing time and posting a motivating review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation for our team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner. Your feedback makes us proud of our team members.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. It is always been our endeavour to make our guests feel special in every aspect during their stay with us as we take great pride in delivering exceptional service.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bangalore

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is my 2nd visit to The Oberoi and as usual, it is impecable. The staff are amazingly professional and yet still manage to exude a sense of warm hospitality. A request for a firm pillow was delivered in about 5 minutes. Breakfast at Le Jardin is truly amazing - one of the best that I've had in India. The attention to detail is also one of the finest points of this hotel and I will return again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I have shared your gracious comments with the team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration. The Housekeeping and Kitchen teams were also delighted to learn that their efforts were so well appreciated.

My team and I are delighted to note that The Oberoi will remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Bangalore and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Oberoi is a world class hotel with the best service I have ever had anywhere in the World. Any time I'm in Bangalore, India, I will stay at the Oberoi and no where else!

Room Tip: All of them are excellent. There is an inner door you can close to cut all noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we truly appreciate you sparing time and posting a motivating review on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests

We are pleased to note that The Oberoi will remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Bangalore.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I spend most of my time in Bangalore on business. My wife recently visited me here & we decided to treat ourselves to a week's stay at the Oberoi. I was amazed. Quite apart from the fact that the hotel is a beautiful haven of calm & peace in the middle of a noisy bustling city, the standard of service was the best I have ever experienced in many years of staying at 5-star (& above) hotels around the world on business & holiday. Every day there seemed to be one small action, performed by the friendly staff, designed to make our stay more comfortable & hassle-free. The prime example was when I mentioned to a concierge that my favourite shop in Bangalore is 'Blossoms', the secondhand bookshop, & that I study history. Next day, knock at the door & I was presented with a lovely book on Indian history purchased from 'Blossoms'! Final day, lounging by the hotel pool, we were presented with a cake to wish us 'bon voyage' for the trip back to the UK. The staff really made our stay superb. I can't wait to try the other Oberoi hotels in India.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with abalcony overlooking the pool & gardens.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing The Oberoi and also for taking time to share experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you found our service the best and I am particularly pleased to read your compliments on some gestures made by the team that contributed to your impression. It is our constant endeavour to deliver excellent services and appreciation such as yours increase our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We thank you for your support and look forward to many more opportunities to be of service to you.