“An oasis in Bangalore” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Chicago, Illinois
“An oasis in Bangalore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

The Leela is a wonderful hotel. The grounds are well kept as are the main commons and restaurants. It has a very tropical feel to it, which i enjoy. There's also a shopping mall attached to the hotel, which has some very nice stores. I've stayed at the Leela many times, and will continue to come back when in Bangalore. This visit however was a little more disappointing than past given construction going on. The construction made the pool and spa experience very disappointing this visit, however i know it should be better the next time i'm there. always a wonderful visit - service, relaxation, ammenities.... outstanding.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew_Hendrian, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 20 August 2012

Its good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and facilities are truly appreciated.

Your views with regards to the refurbishment at our restaurant has been noted. The upgradation of our restaurant is almost over now and we would ready to open our doors to all our guests to a newly refurbished restaurant in a couple of months.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the same unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

The Leela Palace Bangalore
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days and I liked the hotel. However I did not liked their food. It is a Seven Star hotel and you expect some good teast food same as Taj Palce in Delhi but was not happy with it. We reached their some where around 12 mid night and asked the reception that if they have any place to eat in the hotel and they said no. But next day we came to know that their is 24 hr restaurant on the 11 or some top floor in the hotel.

People are not as friendly as we had in Taj Palace in Delhi. So staff in Leela, please smile when you see you guest.

Thanks

2 Thank Anand M

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Its good to hear that you had a nice stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments however with regards to the service provided, the food and the staff is duly noted and will assure the same is not repeated again, as we endeavor to ensure that the best services is provided to each guest coming to our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. Reception was warm and service was excellent throughout my stay. Both the room and bathroom were huge and comfortable. My only room complaint is that the desk and chair were very traditional (no adjustable task chairs) so it was nearly impossible to work on a laptop at the desk - which I found ironic in a hotel in the tech hub of India. Restaurants were good but nothing exceptional. The bar atmosphere was a little too formal for my tastes thus I only went once. If you love to throw away your money, you'll love the attached shopping mall. I found it to be way overpriced. As another reviewer stated - it is a refuge from the congestion of Bangalore. I would stay here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Its good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and facilities are truly appreciated.

We have noted your comments about the work desk and will definitely look into the same.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

I've spent three days days in the Leela Palace while on a business trip n India.

The hotel has all the amenities you would expect. Wonderful rooms, excellent restaurants and a lovely garden. Attached to the hotel is a small shoppings mall with a lot of high brand shops you might be looking for.

The service of the hotel is outstanding. Whatever you ask for you will find fulfilled. enjoy the breakfast on the nice terrace

I especially recommend the indian restaurant. The cuisine is superb.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tpkoester
Andrew_Hendrian, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 18 July 2012

Its good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, our gardens, service, restaurants, and food are truly appreciated.

Bucharest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

...it would have been one of the best hotels anywhere. But you can see that everything is perfect -Indian style, meaning that many things seem good enough for India, so they should be good enough for anyone. Here's what I mean:
The Good Parts:
- excellent rooms, spacious, tastefully decorated, with everything you need and even more;

- impecable bathrooms, with tubs and shower cabins in the same room, the toilet in a separated room;

- staff very friendly, most of them speak good English, always trying to help. For example, after seeing a rose in my room, they replaced it when it died with several superb flower arrangements for the rest of my stay;

- the Citrus restaurant is acceptable. It is very clean and nicely decorated, but if you don't fancy Indian food, there's only a few choices, like a hamburger with fries or Greek salad;
- overall impression of a luxurious hotel, a palace indeed.

The Bad Parts:
We stayed for a month, so we had the time to see beyond the glitter and luxury. Here it is:
-the pool manager left for 2weeks. What do you think happened? The pool started turning into a swamp (very literally). Flowers, leaves, dead insects all decaying in the pool, as the staff only put up a sign saying no swimming. There was no need for the sign, the water so so merky you couldn't see an ich below water surface. I was very revolted so I went to reception. They said they're sorry and the pool will be ready in a week A WEEK!! I tried to explain to them that even if they drained the pool with a bucket and refill it the same way, it would only take a night, and that as I'm paying for a 5 star hotel, I can't settle for the confort of a 3 star. They kept on being sorry and the pool kept on rotting until we left...

-the first room we were given had a very long terrace in front, but no door to go on the terrace. There was a big wall of glass, nothing opened. I demanded a room that I could go out of, they tryied to explain that in 2 days someone will come and replace the glass wall, with a glass wallwith a door in it. I was stupefied: they were expecting me to live in a room that was going to have a wall taken out, where dosesns of workers will ge going through, drills, construction materials, and so on. I demanded again a normal room, but I only got it 2 days later...

- people are way too overfriendly or overhelpfull. They come at 10 am (a team of 5 males) to clean your room, then it' s the chocolate guy, later the floor manager asking you if everything is ok, even later, the fruit-responsable person comes in, and late in the evening the cleaning team again... The only way to stop this flood of people is a button next to the door that turns on a display sayin " privacy". BUT: in India there are power outages 5-7times per day, when the power turns off, so does the privacy sign and stays off...

- if you order roomservice, the trolley used for bringing in the food stays with you till morning, if you want it out of your room, along with dinner plates and leftovers, you need to call guest services.

- if there is a party exactly under your window, they won't do smth about it, like move it inside. At 12 at night I had to put up with people yelling, loud music, dancing and so on. I called to tell them that at midnight I should be able to rest and they sent me a complimentary bottle of wine. I wasn't going to drink myself to sleep, but that's all they did about it.

If I ever had to go back to India, I would probably stay at this hotel again, now that I know how to avoid (or at least try to) all the glitches in their Palace Paradise.

Room Tip: Roms facing the pool can be very noisy, as they are building something nowadays and all you can hear...