“The best kept secret”

Ranked #11 of 664 Hotels in Bengaluru
Orange, California, United States
“The best kept secret”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The Hotel Leela Palace has a wonderful park adjacent which also includes swimming pool and spa. From arrival until departure you are treated with the utmost respect and hospitality and the staff is very helpful with any question which might arise. The dining is the best gourmet with picturesque presentation, it is a journey for your eye.
When in this part of the world you just have to try, if not you miss out on one of the best kept secrets

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 27 June 2012

Its good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, gardens and facilities are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the same unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

The Leela Palace Bangalore
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Arabic first
los angeles
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed at the Leela Palace recently in my visit to India. It is a good hotel for business travelers. The rooms are nice and the service is courteous and better compared to other hotels in India that I have stayed in. The setting for the hotel is also very nice with open spaces in the restaurants etc.

There are certain things that could be improved upon like - the bathrooms in the rooms. The door did not work properly and had to be repaired and also the hotel corridors smelled of fresh paint.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Its good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and facilities are truly appreciated.

We have noted your comments with regards to the Bathroom door and the paint smell. This has been brought up to the concerned departments and we will ensure such issues do not occur in the future.

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

If you are travelling to Bangalore this hotel is a must for safety and luxury. The aesthetics of the hotel are beautiful and the staff could not be more helpful. The only thing that is slightly annoying about this hotel is when the staff ask for tips, but this may be quite common across Bangalore hotels.

As a female business traveller I would feel very safe staying in this hotel alone, plus the for is exceptional with lots of choice so there is no need to leave!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Its good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, facilities and Safety Standards are truly appreciated.

NYC
Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful looking hotel. We stayed on the 6th floor Suite, which was well appointed, great bathroom amenities, and fabulous WiFi (it zipped). Like other reviews, the food was good, lots of variety at breakfast, though not great, and the service, well, there was some. Still, overall, if you need an impressive place to stay, this is really very good.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Its good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, facilities and food are truly appreciated.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Leela is very impressive, the grandure and design of the hotel entrance and lobby is just beautiful. However, I had a bad experience staying at the Leela Palace for the first time in March, 2012. While the staff are really nice; the room and food just didn't meet my expectations overall.

After a rather long flight I arrived at the Leela and was promptly checked in, the hotel car service (airport pickup) was on time and I found the driver to be very professional and courteous. However, the room that I was given was located just down from where some painting was being done in a few other rooms. The paint smell was overwhelming, caused headaches, and leaving the balcony doors open to allow in some fresh air only resulted in mosquito's filling my room.

While I was only there a week, when I asked about the odor after my 1st day, and if there was anything they could do I was just told "Yes, they are working on those rooms..." - no effort was made to relocate to another room; just not good...

In addition, while I understand the Leela trys to meet all dietary needs of folks by serving a variety of foods, I found much of the time the buffet would run out of food that I could eat, and the quality of the food was just not up to my expectations given my experience at other hotels such as the Sheraton Brigade. Again, I want to stress that the staff at the hotel were always polite, but when you are a business traveler just good food after a long day would have been nice, but overall it was just not good...

On a bright note, while I was staying at the Leela I noticed the mirror in the bathroom (above the tub) was sliding down out of it's frame. Since this mirror was quite large and heavy I was worried that it could continue to slide down and may fall on top of someone should they decide to take a bath. (I never used the bath tub during my visit, but it was a safety issue none the less.) I contacted the front desk and they promptly sent someone up to the room and the mirror was removed for repair.

From a safety perspective I did recognize excellent safety measures were always taken by the folks that were working on cleaning the windows, and servicing exterior lighting. I told one of the Hotel Managers that I appreciated the fact that they took the time to ensure safe working conditions for their staff as well as the safety of guests. The workers always used safety belts, hardhats, spotters, and other safety measures in place every time I saw them doing any sort of above head work; a very refreshing thing to see!

Not sure if I'd stay there again for my next business trip, it just wasn't that good for me...

Room Tip: Recommend asking if they are doing any painting around the room they are assigning to you before acc...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and efforts to share your valuable feedback with us which I very much appreciate.

I am glad that you recognized the courtesy of our staff at check in and the safety and security standards were to your satisfaction. Your observations regarding the food at our Buffet is duly noted and has been taken up with the concerned team. Your comments with regards to the paint smell has also been noted and I totally agree that a room change should have been offered as an immediate solution to the issue. Please do accept my apologies for the same, I have addressed this with the team and have taken measures so this does not happens to you or other guests going forward.

We always endeavour to meet and indeed exceed our guests expectations and regret to note this was not the case on your recent stay with us.

I do hope that this unpleasant experience will not diminish your opinion of The Leela Palace, and hope to have an opportunity to regain your trust in The Leela Brand.

Should I be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly