“Beautiful, luxurious rooms”

Ranked #10 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Dallas
“Beautiful, luxurious rooms”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here two nights on a business trip in January 2012. We arrived in the middle of the night, and I found the Leela to be an oasis of beauty and calm. The staff was very attentive and helpful, the food was delicious, but the star was the room, which was large, luxurious and well appointed. I took advantage of the spa on my last night there, and I would highly recommend making time for a massage there. While an expensive place to stay, I felt it was worth every last penny!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Andrew_Hendrian, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 29 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Itu2019s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, Rooms, Spa facilities and food are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the same unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

The Leela Palace Bangalore
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here for 1 night with my colleauges attending Bangalore for a business trip. The hotel is approximately 1 and half hours from the airport, but all fatigue from plane and road travel is forgotten when you arrive at the palatial grounds of the Leela Palace hotel.

You are first greeted by a doormen complete with turban and British Empire era guard uniform and then directed to the impressive foyer. Check in was relatively straight forward and the rooms kitted out in classic dark wood floor and furniture - expensive furniture, complete with cream bedding and decor. It was sumptuous. My bathroom had separate shower from the bath and I also had a balcony- unfortunately I didnt see much as my visit to the hotel was fleeting.

My colleagues and I decided to eat in the outside area. There are huge outdoor comfy seats to relax in, in truly relaxing and beautiful surroundings. I dont know if it was due to our group's exhausting travel schedule for this trip but 3 of our group [who travel extensively for business in top class hotels around the world] all claimed it was the best hotel we have ever experienced- that was indeed a compliment.

We ate outside and were very attentively served, in a wonderful breezy, classy and relaxing environment. Food was fine but it was expensive and I did think service was a bit on the slow side.

It was a whirlwind visit and check out was very prompt. My only negative comment was that on checkout, I was nicely refreshed from my morning shower until I walked out my hotel room all the public areas areas/lobby were very humid, and lacked aircon, so much so that it was actually cooler outside! Aside from that every single person in my group agreed and wished we were staying for another night to experience the absolute luxury of the hotel.

I would definitely recommend a visit - it was a truly memorable evening unwinding in the outside courtyard.

Room Tip: Opt for the outside dining.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Andrew_Hendrian, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 9 April 2012

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, Interiors, Dining facilities and food are truly appreciated.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Now that is more like Leela, amazing hotel, huge place, with typically Indian jaipur style building. It looks more like a monument. Inside it a small lobby but very classy interiors and very efficient staff. Also houses a huge shopping wing with a variety of shops but v exp prices. The location was good for the old airport but now a bit off location. If its bangalore it has to be leela

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank worldtour12

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel are truly appreciated.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here in Feb at the end of a week long whistle stop trip around India. This hotel offers total luxury and relaxation in fantastic surroundings. The most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed in - I would even rate higher than the Bellagio in Las Vegas (not as big but with equally good rooms and customer service). We had an upgraded room so took advantage of the complimentary afternoon tea, pre dinner drinks and after dinner cocktails. What a lovely touch and in a beautifully plush and spotless lounge area. Our room was amazing. Complimentary water, biscuits and chocolates each day and a fabulous selection of toiletries in the bathroom. The biggest shower head I've ever seen and a really deep bath - beautiful. The service was impeccable, with nothing being too much trouble. We had a few glitches with the Internet connection when we were trying to 'Skype' home, but someone came to our room to sort out the problem and it was solved within minutes. The pool area was also fantastic. Very quiet and beautifully kept within the lush green gardens. I must say I did feel sorry for the lady constantly sweeping up the falling leaves with her short hand brush -what a backache she
must have by the end of the day! We ate at two different restaurants during our stay and the food was fantastic at both.
Could not fault this hotel and would definitely recommend it as a special treat. Thank you for making our last few days in India a really memorable experience.

Room Tip: Check out prices for upgrades. We paid very little extra to upgrade our room and found that the afte...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Hendrian, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, 27 March 2012

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, facilities, Staff and food are truly appreciated.

Wairarapa, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Leela Palace recently for a conference.
The hotel and setting are beautiful, partly by contrast to the noisy bustle of downtown Bangalore outside the hotel grounds. The fountains, marble and gardens are a welcome respite from India's dust, noise and poverty. And the pool, oh, the pool...
What differentiates the Leela from any other 5-star hotel, though, is the service. No, it's not 100% perfect, as alluded to in other reviews; but in contrast to other Western hotels, you get the feeling that the staff really care deeply about you and your experience.
For example, the first morning at breakfast, Ara noted my interest in Indian food and immediately ordered a masala dosa for me and then explained it and the side dishes proudly. The waiters remembered how we took our coffee (espresso please, their brewed coffee is horrible!); and brought it every morning.
The waitresses enquired where my husband was on the days I showed up alone; and went into spams of delight when I showed up in traditional Indian dress. "Oh, you look so elegant, Mrs Dory!".
Criticisms: The prices for room service and the restaurants are eye-wateringly expensive, especially by contrast to life "outside". For instance, a drop-off with a gorgeous car and uniformed driver is more than 10x as expensive as going outside the gates to source your own ride. And I paid $17.50NZD to have tea via room service. I realise this is quite in keeping with 5 star hotel prices; but firstly, being gouged for small items is at odds with the "We really want to take care of you" feeling that the Leela does so well, and secondly, it's terribly at odds with life outside the gate. It makes the Indian experience that much more extreme, and I spent a long time trying to get my head around it.
All in all, though, I give this hotel an "excellent" rating for many, many reasons.
- The beds were the most comfortable that I've ever slept in (must get some of those 100% down pillows)
- The spa and its fabulous amenities: steam room, jacuzzi, sauna, opulent surroundings and genuine staff.
- The inclusive 6:00am yoga lessons by the pool - amazing!
- The watermelon juice at the breakfast buffet. Oh, and the freshly-peeled fruit station.
And that Giri at the Royal Club put on a masala dosa cooking lesson for us on request.
I just loved my time at the Leela, and felt it was much more of a haven than nearly any other hotel; and that's entirely down to the training and culture of the staff.

Room Tip: Thanks to other TripAdvisor tips, we chose a Conservatory room which overlooks the garden - which me...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Quack_quack_quackl

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, facilities and food are truly appreciated.