“good south indian food”

ITC Windsor, Bengaluru
Ranked #24 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 24 March 2012

we wanted to make our dad's birthday a special day, so went to DAKSHIN in WINDSOR, for lunch. the staff were very warm, answered all questions my parents asked very patiently, food was very tasty, just like home made stuff, less spicy, coffee was filter coffee brewed to the best . our family enjoyed the experience, the ambiance.
we will surely try the other restaurants here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ITCWINDSOR, Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Greetings...

Thank you so much and it is indeed our honour and privilege that your family and you chose the Dakshin to celebrate your Dad's Birthday and we are indeed delighted that our team at Dakshin were able to make your Dad's Birthday very special...

We at the ITC Windsor do look forward to your family and you dining at our restaurants again in the near future... we have the Royal Afghan which gives you the Robust flavours of the North West Frontier... It is best to make your reservations in advance for this reataurant... then we have the Dum Pukht - Jolly Nabobs-the Grand Cuisine of India.. the unique Anglo-Lucknowi restaurant and a definite gastronomic landmark in the city...! The Raj Pavilion - our 24x7 which offers you cuisines from the Silk & Spice Route!!!

We do look forward to having your family and you dining with us again in the near future.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

This hotel looks great as you arrive. Old fashioned frontage gives great character. Check-in was quick. The hotel is undergoing renovation and my room has scaffolding outside, which is a shame. The room is very comfortable, with good lighting. There is an iron and ironing board. Plugs can take two or three pin and there is wifi and cable internet, which sadly has to be paid for. Room service is prompt and the food was good.
In the bathroom, there is a magnifying mirror, good hair dryer and hair conditioner is supplied. A lovely deep bath is a real treat.
All in all, a lovely hotel.
Top tip. Make sure you request a room away from the building work.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing with your appreciation on our product and services during recent stay at the ITC Windsor.
It is our endeavour to provide our guests the highest levels of comfort to make their stay memorable.

Thank you for bearing with the 'Painting of the facade' of the hotel.....which is part of our annual maintenance and it is our endeavour to complete the same with the least inconvenience to our valuable guests.

Thank you once again for your comments and certainly look forward to welcoming you back again at the ITC Windsor in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2012

ITC Windsor, located in the heart of Bangalore, is a lovely hotel with old world victorian charm. The lobby of the hotel is huge... there are paintings of Old british times, those of English Governor generals, almost seems like a journey in the past.. The place has Excellent service, and superb food.. The rooms are spacious and the beds are large and cosy... extremely comfortable.
The bathrooms are a bit dated though... in fact the shower in my room wasnt functional.. however, they immediately replaced the same as soon as i brought it to their notice..

They gym is very well equipped and they also have a good wet area with steam and sauna. The swimming pool in the garden is nice and welcoming...

The breakfast spread is huge... with a good mix of continental, chinese, south and north indian food.. You are actually spoilt for choice..
A visit to "Dakshin" is a must... by far the best South Indian restaurant i have ever had food in..

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the higher floors, overlooking the poor / garden..
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Greetings..

It is indeed delightful to know that you enjoyed your stay in the ITC Windsor and appreciated our Services.

We are happy that your enjoyed our Cuisine specially the Choice for Breakfast at the Raj pavilion and the Dakshin...you would be happy to know that the Dakshin is a recipient
of many a Award and has recently also won the coveted Times Food Guide Award for the Best South Indian Restaurant in Bengaluru and is a sure favourite for not only our resident guests but also for many in Bangalore.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and recognition and the team at the ITC Windsor look forward to welcoming you again to the ITC Windsor.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have to say, after having fantastic experiences in other ITC properties in India the Windsor left me disappointed.

First impressions were great. The building is beautiful, palatial. Grand lobby and corridors. Despite there being three staff behind the reception desk only one seemed to be serving someone. The other two 'looked busy' until I asked them if they could check me in, which they did without hesitation.

Rooms OK. Got into mine to find the iron and ironing board still set up in the middle of the room from the previous guest. The rooms definitely need an upgrade. Small bathroom.

The food and beverage experience really let the place down. During the day I ordered a single espresso coffee in the all day restaurant/cafe. I was shocked when the bill came.....280 rupees. That is US$5.50 for a single espresso. Bearing in mind I recently paid US$5 for the same in the Plaza Hotel New York, I wasn't impressed.

I went to the same restaurant for dinner, which was a buffet affair. The food was overwhelmingly (75%) indian....20% oriental....and very little in terms of western food. Yes, I appreciate this IS India, but being an international hotel and a buffet I was expecting more variety (there were six different biriyani for those interested though!). The indian food also is not labelled in english. So unless you know what 'chicken' or 'beef' is in hindi you had no idea what you were eating.

The waiters were very kind and polite. I was amazed at how they entertained the children of some other diners. What left a sour taste in my mouth was the end of the meal though. Not the bill though this time! I was asked to complete a comments card regarding the buffet which I did. I gave 5/5 for the service and attention from the waiters. I gave the food overall 3/5 in most categories. I was shocked when the waiter took it away, passed it to his superior, then returned to me a few minutes later telling me a 3/5 is unacceptable, the management will not be happy and could I change it to a 4/5!! I explained why I rated it 3/5 (reasons above) and refused to change it. The waiter looked petrified to return the un-altered comment form back to the 'Captain'.

Should I need to return to Bangalore again I will definitely be looking at alternative hotels.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bebej1976
ITCWINDSOR, Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences of the ITC Windsor.

We have noted your feedback on our colleagues manning the reception Counter and services on our Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and your experience at our restaurant. may I assure you that this is an aberration and not reflective of our standards. Your feedback has helped us take corrective measures and have also helped us synergise and streamline our services. I assure you that corrective measure have been taken to address this..

Thank you once again for bringing the same to our attention.

We at the ITC Windsor look forward to welcoming you again at the ITC Windsor

Best Regards,

Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2012

As previously described, arrival was confusing as reception staff 'decided' to put us in a different room to our booking and despite being delayed and very tired we had to wait while the different room was prepared. We weren't even offered a credit towards a beverage for the trouble.The room was pleasant but small and did not have sufficent wardrobe space for two people staying 5 nights.
House keeping staff are excellent and I personally Thank the laundery staff for their thoughtfulness and honesty .
Departure was even more confused, reception having lost details of my booking, had no details of 'special ' arrangements made between my agent and a named member of staff resulting in my having to open my suitcase in recption to search for documentation without any attempts on the part of reception staff to sort out their administration problem but yet continue to try and engraciate themselves..
I return to Bangalore in October and i'm plaesed to see members suggestions for other hotels.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
ITCWINDSOR, Manager at ITC Windsor, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the ITC Windsor, Bengaluru.

Thank you for sharing your experience at the ITC Windsor during your
recent visit to our hotel.

May I inform you that your experience with our Front Office Associates and
reservation Process is an aberration and not the true standards at the ITC Windsor,
we are reviewing the same as also focusing on the process and training to enhance
guest experience....

Thank you for your appreciation on our Housekeeping Associates and the same
has been passed on to their attention as well as to our Laundry Associates
for their thoughtfulness and honesty.

It does remain our commitment to provide excellent services and Please
do allow us to welcome you back at the ITC Windsor when I am sure
you would not only enjoy and but also have a memorable stay.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again at the ITC Windsor, Bengaluru..

Manager