“Awesome staff and work ethos!”
Review of The Park Bangalore

Ranked #59 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“Awesome staff and work ethos!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Tours both for pleasure and for official reasons has given me a mixed bag of experiences.It is true and i sincerely believe that it is not really the massive infrastructure that now a days all big league luxury hotels tend to have that can make your hotel stay beautiful and memorable. What is really the game changer is the hospitality, maturity and the availability of the hotel staff to the requirements of the guest. It is here that The Park, Bangalore is miles ahead of its competition. During a 4day stay last year with my family, i was overwhelmed with the culture and ethos of the vibrant staff of this hotel especially the housekeeping department. I must admit that it is this and only this memory of our stay in this hotel that i will cherish always rather than the lounges, the bars, the spas! I would singularly place on record my appreciation for the staff of this hotell to have made our stay so special. The rest doesnt matter....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prashworld
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we truly appreciate you sparing time and posting a motivating review on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests

We are pleased to note that The Park will remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Bangalore.

With best regards,
The Park Bangalore
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chennai, India
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I used to like to stay at "The Park, Bangalore" a lot, but my recent visit had made me change my presumptions about this place. My check-in was rather too long and there was no one to offer to carry my baggage for me... until I walked near my luaage and try and pick it up myself!.. then there was someone who offered help. But still I had to carry my own back pack!! Then my room they gave me was on the first floor - and the view outside my window was a wall!!! and had a partial view of a parking space!! and this was the treatment they bestowed upon a repeat client! ( yes I had booked my room online and for the economical version, but I did ask for a better room with a view at the time of check-in, and this was what they came up with, the guy at the front desk was too rude saying - you had a booked a standard category room.. and didn't bother to look at my face while talking) Then when I said I didn't like this room, my baggage helper called the reception and I had to talk to the manager to explain, that I had stayed here several times before, and all I could ask for is a room with a 'proper' view, and then they gave me one on the other side, which had a view of their swimming pool, which was bearable. the whole "check-in" process took about 40 mins! not something you expect after a long travel!... the food wasn't great, and they had changed their rules regarding serving some italian food to the room - which was very much available the last time I stayed here!! Don't know whats going on with this once lovely place.. I might not stay here the next time around...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chrisolet
Dear Guest,

We regret that you had a less than pleasant stay at the hotel.
We have noted your feedback and are taking corrective action as required to ensure these issues are resolved and do not occur again.
Kindly send us your contact details so that we can personally call on you to make amends, and restart the relationship that The Park Hotels share with all their guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Park Bangalore once again sometime soon!

With best regards,
pr.blr@theparkhotels.com
delhi
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We had opted for park thinking it would live upto its name but realised its very basic and cannot be rated as 5*
rrooms were too small and hardely can accomodate a family.

Furnishings were also dated and were not giving a good feel.

Breakfast was good and proximity to MG road was a good point.

Hotel is too very small and does not give a 5* experience

Would not recommend to anyone as 5* ok as 4*

Room Tip: Ask for a road view room back side rooms have an exceptionally bad view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Manish,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Bangalore and for your valuable
feedback.
We very much regret that you were not satisfied with your stay
at the hotel. We have noted your concerns and are working towards improving the same.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one week when i came to bangalore first time in 2007. The quality of the service is excellent and staff is very quick. I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. Since then whenever i come to Bangalore on my business trip i used to stay in this hotel. I strongly recommend this hotel for everyone.

Manikumar Yandamuri

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recent stay at The Park Bangalore and for your valuable feedback.
We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I was on a vacation with my family from the 21st to the 30th of June 2012. We were travelling down south from Mumbai to Bangalore, Mysore, Coorg and Ooty. Since we are members of Club Mahindra we had resorts at Coorg and Ooty. We had to book a hotel room at Bangalore, after going through the e brochures of a few hotels, chose the Park Bangalore, as it is one of the first boutique hotels in the country and a part of the design hotels. Being from the hotel industry I had read so much about the property and its food and beverage, I wanted to experience all that.
We booked a room at the hotel from the 21st to the 24 and then back again on the 29th checking out on the 30th of June as we were making a round trip from Bangalore and then heading back to Mumbai.
We had a great check in experience, the hotel looked beautiful, living up to whatever I had read about it. The staff was friendly, cheerful and courteous. When taken to the room which was a deluxe queen. Nice room with a 4 poster bed and pleasant setting. I felt the room was a bit small as we had our 2 kids 6 and 3 years old. We needed an extra bed to be placed in the room. The housekeeping staff made the arrangements, the room could still look fine and not so cramped up as I had imagined. My next concern was food as children don't particularly like the hotel food. We had food at Monsoon, the coffee shop and well as ordered room service. The food was great and kids had no issues at all. I was surely a very relieved mom.
Wanted to try Italia, for Italian cuisine but with the kids couldn't manage. But we did order a few items from their menu through the in room dining. The non veg platters were completely value for money. The food served here is very good. Liked almost everything that we had. I- Bar has its own charm and Aqua was nice. We all had a great time over swimming and some snacks at the Aqua.
The housekeeping was prompt and the staff was very courteous, they took a good care of us. The kids loved swimming in the pool and relaxing by the poolside, they just loved the colourful gazebos.

The location is an advantage for the hotel. We were exploring the city, visiting all the tourist attractions in Bangalore. We felt that the hotel enjoyed a good location on MG Road. With Malls, restaurants and shopping centres in close vicinity.
Overall it was a great experience for us and we recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room in case you need an extra bed to be placed in the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Ms. Laxmi T,

Thank you for recent stay at The Park Bangalore and for your valuable feedback.
Your feedback about the friendliness and helpful nature of our staff is very much appreciated.
We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at The Park Bangalore.