“Splendid for business”

Ranked #58 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Karlskrona, Sverige
“Splendid for business”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

From a business travel perspective, this hotel is nice. All you can ask for and more. All transport service was well arranged, and pickup at airport went as expected, even though I didn't wait for acknowledge from the concierge. Sent a mail very late and hoped for the best.
Pricing seems fair, but I can not compare to other hotels in the region. Only similar in other European countries.
The only complaint I have is that this hotel don't really have an atmosphere built-in. Quite new and all very clinic.

1 Thank PiPersson62
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Seamless check-in, nice n clean rooms, and great restaurants - you have many options to dine...what else you need. They provide free drop and pickup cab service too. My room had many mirrors may be bring the feeling that rooms are huge. There is no view but who wants to complaint especially on a business travel.

1 Thank VirDesi
HH
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I had a wonderful stay. Hospitality par excellence! The hotel rooms are very spacious, clean and the service very present. I can only say PERFECT.

If you have business around Techpark, this is the place. You can also shop around...

1 Thank Shepherd M
Pune, India
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed here for one night. It was disconcerting initially to find that reception is on the first floor. Very few hotels have that kind of arrangement. Experience of check-in was good and breezy. Reception area and lobby is spacious and well decorated. The walk from reception to elevators was long. Room was clean and sufficiently spacious although I was coming from Radisson Blu, Hyderabad and that has spoilt me with huge rooms. Television was one of the best quality that I have seen. Complementary Internet connection was quite fast. Room service was efficient but food was just good, well presented but taste was just ok.
Room was quite peacefull (no construction noise as some other reviews have mentioned, probably it was quite late evening for that).
Breakfast had good buffet spread. I had some south Indian food and again felt that the taste of dosa and chutney could have been better.
Hotel must be quite occupied since my request for late check-out was not accepted although I was offered some extra time but not till 5 pm that I had requested.
Will I stay again here? Depends upon pricing. This was my Club Carlson award night. I will not be willing to pay anything more than 5000 + taxes for this room (aprx. USD 100). There are alternatives in this area which are much lesser priced.

1 Thank SubodhSohoni
Nawala, , Sri Lanka
Reviewed 12 August 2012

When I read the reviews written by other travelers of this hotel I thought this can't be true maybe these stories were planted. I stand corrected. I was bowled over by my experience during my short stay at the Park Plaza hotel. I am so glad I chose it.
It started from the moment I was picked up at the airport. The drivers were smart and presentable and I was also met by the airport representative of the hotel. This was the first time I was stepping in to Bangalore and it was a comfort to be met by this kind and confident gentleman.
I love everything about the hotel. I love the decor and the ambiance. It is cool and chic and should definitely be featured in the coolest hotels of the world publication. It looks so lovely it seems that every nook and cranny of the hotel has been designed by someone with impeccable taste. My room was extremely comfortable and even though it was a standard size room, the clever use of mirrors and glass and the way everything had been placed made it feel absolutely spacious and luxurious. Every thing about my room was perfect. Kudos to the interior designer who had done this project it seems he has put in a lot of thought and effort.
It was the little things that made the biggest difference. Like the TV remote being placed in a little leather case with the channels neatly marked making it so easy to access and flip. The fact that even the data cable neatly concealed in a little container. Even the chair by the desk was so comfortable just like the bed. The bed side alarm clock which was really nice and visible from the from all corners of the room. Decent sized mugs with the hot water kettle. And even a decent wine glass. And most importantly power sockets within easy reach. These were somethings which were lacking in some of the other more reputed places I had stayed in. And made my stay that much more comfortable.
The toilet was lovely too and the amenities which were on offer such as shampoo, shower gel and lotion were off great quality. I loved the fact that one face of the toilet was glass and a motorized curtain was available if you needed your privacy.
I tried the dinner buffet and breakfast buffet at the restaurant. I found the food delicious and the spread good.
Even the gym was great the equipment was of excellent quality. And it was a pleasure to work out in it. It was nice touch to see apples laid on offer along with the towels and bottles of water for clients to use.
But what I loved most about the hotel was the staff. They were so friendly, well groomed and so full of energy flashing smiles as they went about their work. Always polite and courteous and offering to help. It just made the entire hotel pulsate with a different vibe which one could feel and enjoy. And of course one has to mention the price I thought I got a very good price for the kind of quality and service I got. I would have easily paid double for this kind of experience.
If I have something negative to say it was that the wi fi signal in my room was not strong. And that is it.
In fact once I stepped into the hotel I regretted the fact that I had advanced my departure and could not stay and enjoy this place as I had planned for an extra day. I sure look forward to the day I can come here once more.
Now I can understand why the other people on here were raving so much about it. Sometimes everything you read can turn out to be true.

1 Thank Chrishantha-cj