“The highlight of my trip to Bangalore - the best way to explore the areas outside the city.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Art of Bicycle Trips

Art of Bicycle Trips
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Art of Bicycle Trips offers unique cycling tours across India. Our day cycling tours around Bangalore gives you a chance to explore culture, heritage and countryside from the vantage point of saddle. These are guided day bicycle tours. We provide 21 speed bikes with helmet.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

My trip Bangalore would not have been as positive had I not found the Art of Bicycle trips.  I signed up for two trips - A Passage to India and Nandi Challenge and enjoyed them both. The scenery from both were amazing and a welcoming sight after being in the city. The sights of the villages, the people and the culture will stay will me for a long time.

Both days were well planned out and the food stops for breakfast and lunch gave you the opportunity to take in the local flavors.

The guide, Pankaj, also adds to the overall experience of the rides.  His knowledge of the area as well as his passion for cycling makes for a fun day of sight seeing.

If you have an adventuresome spirit and are looking for a perfect way to get out of the city for a day, I highly recommend any of these bike safaris.

1 Thank BabsMiller
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best part of my trip to Bangalore - a great way to get away from the city for a day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I wish I had found this sooner. I had been looking to get out of the city for a while and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

I took the Nandi Challenge tour; the ascent to the top of the hills was tough at times, but the incredible views from the top and on the way back down the mountain were the highlight of my trip. Pankaj is an excellent guide who really seems to enjoy meeting new people and has a passion for biking.

I highly recommend any of these tours to anyone looking for a weekend excursion from Bangalore. Bikes, helmets, breakfast at a homestay in Nandi Village, lunch at the top of the mountain, and unlimited bottled water throughout your ride are all included in the trip cost.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank austincbeasley
Palo Alto, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unique and very fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I had no idea what to expect, especially with all the traffic in Bangalore, but I had a fantastic time! Pankaj is a great tour guide who really knows a lot about the city. Well worth the time and money for the tour.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Elisabethmj
Bangalore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fun way to explore new places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

The entire trip was lots of fun. Especially cycling back to our Van when we went offroad.
some of the places we crossed were a pleasant surprise. It was good exercise though not strenous. Pankaj from Art of Bicycle trips is friendly, fun and a really good guide.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank AnjanaGopi
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Bangalore and surrounding area in a different way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

I cycled both the Victorian Safari in downtown Bangalore and the Nandi Hills Challenge, 60km to the north. In both cases we cycled with small group. The outing was well organized and Pankaj knows the area. At same time, with a smaller group there is some leeway to wander and cater the trip to our interests.

Nandi Challenge was a steady uphill climb, though not too difficult if you put things in a low gear and cycled up. At the top we explored some of the old sites and also had a reasonable lunch.

Victorian Safari was more relaxed. We left early enough to have cool air and less traffic as we made our way to center of the city. Stopped by a few interesting churches and spent much of time riding through Cubbin Park before returning back after a fun ride.

Definitely a change of pace from typical tourist fare and more fun to get out and ride a bike through these areas.

Visited June 2011