“A great place to stay in ... if you are OK with the location”

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Ranked #4 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bangalore
“A great place to stay in ... if you are OK with the location”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Except for the location, I found this a great property. I really wonder why Sheraton decided to put up a hotel in such a place - I feel this is not a preferred location, especially if you are a tourist or on holiday.

Had a bit of a disagreement with the lady at the front desk as she claimed that I was not eligible for some of the SPG benefits. Finally, I had to show her an email from the hotel reservation staff that proved otherwise. After this, the stay was uneventful

The staff were very very friendly and helpful. We got a junior suite which was pretty spacious and on the top floor, where the lounge was also located. Being a new hotel, everything was spic and span. Some teething issues but I guess that is to be expected in a brand new hotel. The suite was well-equipped with 2 toilets, a king-bed and a large living room. There were huge windows in both the rooms with a panoramic view of Yeshwantpur and Peenya. I somehow found the woodwork in the room not to my liking.

The hotel is located within a property that also houses the World Trade Center, a large residential block, a Club and a soon-to-be launched mall - the Orion mall. While outside the hotel, the traffic and noise is horrendous, within the property all is calm and quiet. There is also a large tertiary hospital right next door in case one falls real sick (god forbid!) and a mufti-level car park.

They gym and pool are great. The lounge is also good stuff, with a great view of the property. We go great service here and the staff were very responsive. While the hotel did provide an evening turn-down service, the staff only drew the curtains and turned down the bed. They did not really make up the room. We tried the buffet breakfast and, though it had sufficient variety, I have had better breakfasts. I felt there was room for improvement.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay in ... if you are OK with the location.

Room Tip: Top floors are best - either facing the highways or inside.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank rajeshkk
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Rajeshkk,

It’s a pleasure to know you have found the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway a great place to stay. Thank you for taking such great efforts to give us a detailed review. Trust, it’s our constant endeavor to serve our guests better.

As you have rightly pointed out, The Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is located in a lifestyle enclave comprising of the World Trade Center, Galaxy Club, Columbia Asia Hospital and the Orion Mall. The Sheraton Bangalore Hotel is located the closest to the Airport (31 kms), thus making Airport transfers for guests, without any hassles.

TheJunior suite introduces our guests to a spacious feeling, not comprising on the opulence and luxury. With 78 sq. mtrs. of space, a panoramic view of the city and various Sheraton Signature concepts, our guests are treated to the delights of a true Sheraton experience.

I’m glad that the gym, pool and the service have been in accordance to your expectations. However, it concerns me that certain parameters have not been in consonance to your expectations.

I shall ensure to bring these teething issues to the concerned department’s notice and get it rectified through our training programs.

I will also make sure that the overall standard and quality of buffet options are brought under scrutiny so as to furnish a higher sense of taste and quality to our discerning guests.

I once again thank you for your review and wish to serve you again at the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway.

Martin Wuethrich
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have been staying regularly here for the last 6 months and probably have stayed here 4-5 times most recently as I am staying and in January before this. Each time, I go back thinking that this is a great hotel and the people make it even better. I think there are a lot of hotels that have similar amenities but what sets Sheraton Brigade apart is the people. Shakti one of the duty managers is great and goes above and beyond. My travel agency screwed up when they booked me as I landed on a early morning flight and the reservation was from the next day. Shakti basically gave me a room as soon as someone checked out of the hotel. It was great because all the hotels were sold out due to some event.

They are very accommodating of my frequent changes in plans and always do it with a smile as opposed to being grumpy about it. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel for business or to spend time with the family.

Finally, I marked the location as great as it is great from my perspective. It may be a bit off for others but I would still recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Prashant K
Dear Prashant K,

It gives me a feeling of joy and happiness to receive a positive feedback from you and I thank you for the same.

Service as a part of the Core values of Sheraton is inoculated in our associates so as to impart a warm and homely feeling to our discerning guests.

Apart from the facilities we offer, we believe in providing a warm, connected and a distinct verve to our guests. Our hotel is the perfect venue for business endeavors, family as well as a retreat from a busy work schedule for our guests.

I will personally pass on your compliments to the concerned associate and the department for making your stay a comfortable one.

I thank you for your words of appreciation and wish to welcome you to the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway once again.

Warm regards,
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 27 February 2012

There was this first wedding in Sheraton, a new hotel in Bangalore. The rooms were fabulous with almost all the facilities. The hotel's lobby provided us with free internet services. We did not require a business room for it. It was a family occasion and we had no issues during room services, planning surprises etc. It has lot of acclerators so we need not wait for long to anywhere.

One disadvantage that we found was the fire exit had no entrance in all the floors. If we took the steps then we found out that we need to go right till the ground floor or basement.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 123_123Kathmandu
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear 123_Kathmandu,

Greetings from the Sheraton Bangalore at Brigade Gateway!

When we receive a positive feedback from such an important occasion such as a wedding, it’s a sense of pride that spreads around the Sheraton Team in our strive to serve you better.

The Link @ Sheraton in our Lobby lounge and the Wi-Fi are a service provided by the Hotel as a part of the Sheraton Core value ‘Connected’. It’s a pleasure to know that we have successfully managed to handle your room services and surprises effectively.

However, the emergency exits are strictly for the purpose of evacuation during an emergency and not for guests to use on a regular basis. Elevators have been installed for the guests usage to commute between floors.

I thank you once again for your feedback, and we, the Sheraton Bangalore, wish to have you back with us.

Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were three of us traveling to bangalore. One of the best hotels of Sheraton, i have seen in terms of Rooms, Ambience, Size of Hotel, Size of the rooms which are tastefully done with the latest gadgets.Also the twin room has 2 double beds which are ideal for families. All with the greatest hospitality of Sheraton. About 15 min drive from MG road(heart of City). 5 Min from Iskon Temple. this hotel is massive set within a beautiful development of Brigade Builders. There is a huge orion mall (entry bridge from the hotel)which is almost complete and once that's done, there wouldn't be a need to go up to MG road. I would personally like to thank Mr. Shakti who is the Duty Manager, who went out of the way to keep his guests happy. You should meet him if he's around.
Excellent Breakfast(can say more like a brunch).

Room Tip: Go for the Twin room if your traveling with family, If have the Sp Food card you save a lot go Mon...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
SheratonBangalore, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear Shriramd74,

It’s a pleasure to read such positive words from our guests. Thank you for taking your time and writing to us in this platform.

The Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway prides itself in terms of the space we provide to our discerning guests. We offer the opulence and luxury to make sure that your stay with us is one of a kind.

The hotel is located in the heart of Malleshwaram and as you rightly said, it is 15 mins from the city and just 5 mins from the Iskcon Temple. The Orion Mall is scheduled to open in the month of March and keeping in mind, the convenience of our guests, the Sheraton enables direct connectivity from our Hotel into the Mall through the Sky Bridge.

I’m glad that our associates were genuine in their service and I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to the Front Office team. It’s a pleasure to know that our Food & Beverage venues have matched your desired expectation.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again to the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway.

London
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Sheraton Bangalore at Brigade Gateway provided superb modern facilities - Great guest room with Wi-Fi (that works!!) Fantastic food (try the Persian restaurant – Brilliant – Italian and mail all day restaurant also fab) and most of all, service that was thoughtful and attentive. Hence, an Indian All Rounder !! Well done all !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Ian G,

Greetings from the Sheraton Bangalore at Brigade Gateway!

It’s a fabulous feeling to read such an appreciative feedback and it’s great to know that we have managed to make such a lasting impact on you while on your stay at The Sheraton Bangalore.

The Sheraton Bangalore introduces the largest entry room size in the city while providing distinct facilities in the likes of Wi-Fi, Teleadapt and Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed.

I’m glad that the Persian terrace, Bene and Feast have managed to keep up to the authenticity they promise to deliver and the associates were astute in their services to you.

I thank you for your words of appreciation, and we, the Sheraton Bangalore Hotel, wish to have you back with us.