“My Fondest Memories Of My Life With My HappyJourney” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 320 things to do in Bengaluru
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Bangalore Palace was the private residence of the royal Wodeyar family. Built to resemble Windsor Castle, this quirky palace is filled with an interesting and eclectic collection of art and paraphernalia from a bygone era. The palace grounds are a popular venue for rock concerts and other music events.
Bengaluru, India
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“My Fondest Memories Of My Life With My HappyJourney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

First of all I would like to say many thanks to the team of myhappyjourney for their
commendable efforts and cooperation. Last month me and my partner visited Bangalore for
a conference and we were stranded there for a week due to some discrepancy from client’s
side. Spending the whole week sitting idle in the room did not go well with us. That is when
I stumbled upon the myhappyjourney site and saw their 5 day trip of Bangalore, Mysore and
Ooty. We called them to know if they can arrange that trip for us. It was an instant decision
and we were not sure that they will be able to do it in such a short time. However we were
amazed at their courtesy and efforts. They not only planned the trip but also made wonderful
arrangements for our stay and transfers. In just five days, we were able to see so many of
the wonderful places in Bangalore, Ooty and Mysore. We explored the mystic mountains,
historical places and enjoyed some delicious delicacies, before coming back to Bangalore. It wasa business trip which has turned out to be one of the fondest memories of my life. Well done myhappyjourney, keep up the good work!

Visited August 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Average palace”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is very average. If you have seen Mysore palace, you can skip this. Nothing very special. The entry fee is very high. It is not worth going, if you have already seen Mysore palace. Combine it with some exhibition in palace grounds.

Visited February 2012
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tooo Expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

The enrty fee for Indian National is Rs210/- and for Still Camera its Rs600/-. Its damn expensive...

Visited August 2012
6 Thank sreedharwarrier
Johannesburg, South Africa
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Tourist Attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Nothing is as wonderful as interacting with the locals as they will teach you some of the ancient history of India

Visited December 2011
Bangalore, India
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A Palace Extraordinaire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

If only the Wadiyars paid more attention to helping and contributing in keeping the premises and around clean other than letting out pieces of their grounds to events and exhibitions...

Visited September 2011