“Luxury Design Hotel with Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bengaluru Whitefield
Ranked #55 of 642 Hotels in Bengaluru
Nuertingen, Germany
“Luxury Design Hotel with Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed there for 10 days of my business trip. My first impression is that the hotel has a luxury design yet with traditional wood touch which I like so much. The shower in the room was a nice touch of a "rain drop" effect. The hotel has some amazing views (e.g. lake behind the hotel, coconut trees forest, villas with pool as hotel's neighbour) which could be seen from some of rooms balcony, pool, or library (yes, they have a nice lounge with sofas and some nice books, e.g. travel, novel, kids books, etc). The friendly staff, from front desk, restaurant, bar, and housekeeping make my stay so much enjoyable. I would definitely return to Alila for my next visit to Bangalore.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side and on back side, have a nice view (villas with pool, coconut trees, lake beh...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I had no clue that my stay in Alila would turn out to be very special.
The team understood my requirements and made all arrangements,the way,I wanted it to be.
A serene,nice locality...enjoyed the stay...relished every moment :)
Look forward to visti Alila,over and again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Santhosh B
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

The Alila has all the trappings of a luxury, contemporary business lifestyle hotel – delicious food and cocktails (the martinis and the Pan-Asian cuisine are to DIE for), a stunning roof top pool, a sensational spa and well appointed rooms (the king sizes beds are fit for a princess and guarantee you a wonderful night’s sleep after a gruelling day in the office). These facilities although superb are not the main reasons for why I have taken three separate groups of 30 senior delegates from our business to the Alila. What has won me (and them) over is the immaculate and warm hospitality.

A week before we descend on the hotel I send the team there a crude spreadsheet with all the things that I need to be organised – airport transfers (we tend to have people on a number of different flights, flying in from multiple locations across the globe), gifts for employees, buffet suppers, private tours of the city, open bars etc. It is ALL done to the letter and I can rest easy knowing that when I touch down in Bangalore everything will go smoothly. Furthermore the charm with which the team carry out the tasks I set them before and during the stay is incredible – nothing is too much trouble and they always go the extra mile to ensure that my guests feel welcome. They remember all of their names, leave delicious sweets in the fridge for them to munch on, on their return from the office and tailor their mannerisms to suit that of the individual.

I honestly cannot recommend the Alila more highly, it is a delight and I have never worked with such a charming, intelligent and friendly group of people.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at the Alila Bangalore for 2.5 months during our relocation to India. At the time, we knew no one in Bangalore and were very lost as to how to get things done or where to go to purchase the things we needed. The Alila became not only a wonderful place to rest, sleep and eat, but the entire staff became incredibily important to our transition. They were knowledageable, caring, and very helpful in meeting our every need. Over the course of our stay, we used all services: food, laundry, room service, spa, bar, car, etc. The food is very nice. We love the Sunday brunch up at High 5 (certainly a good thing for even those who don't stay at the hotel), and we had many wonderful dinners in the Tiffin Room. Housekeeping and overall cleanliness was topnotch. Our room was always very well taken care of and any needs were just a phone call away. The pool and the entire 5th floor is a wonderful place to relax, have a drink, eat some snacks, and catch some sun by the pool. While the rooms, the building, and the amenities are all very good, the thing that seperates the Alila in my mind, and will always make me remember the hotel, is that service. The entire staff (from food and beverage to housekeeping to security to the front desk) are all very courteous and professional. They got to know us very well and took extremely good care of us. Even today, long after we moved out, we still stay in touch with most of the staff. When we bring our friends to the Alila for brunch or dinner, the thing that our friends say is that they love the service provided by the Alila staff. This hotel is a wonderful property with wonderful people working there. I would highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: The Alila is near a road. While it is not overly noisy, if you are a light sleeper, you may consider...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Tiffin room at Alila Bangalore is a wonderful place to dine. The food here is an absolute treat to the palate. The service is impeccable and the food is delightful.
A gastronomical journey without parallel. Definitely one of the finest restaurant in the India. Fly to eat there and you cannot have regrets. The succulent tom yum goong and thai red chicken curry are highly recommended.
Would definitely return for a special occasion.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends