“World-class services!”

Price range: US$ 23 - US$ 47
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Caperberry, established March 2009, is the Signature Restaurant by Chef Abhijit Saha. A restaurant of highest international quality, Caperberry excites and provokes multiple senses. Innovation, premium quality and attention to detail are the essential guiding principles of Caperberry. Located in the heart of downtown Bangalore, it is a destination of multiple dimensions and showcases Modernist European Cuisine with elements of molecular gastronomy. In April 2014 Caperberry moved to its swanky new location in UB City. AWARDS • Best Standalone Restaurant in India, Time Out Food Awards, 2011-12 • Best European Restaurant, Times Food Awards, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Hong Kong, China
“World-class services!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I was on a business trip and decided to have dinner at Caperberry on the very last day of my trip. Took me about 15 minutes to get there from the hotel (Iris hotel) to this place. On arrival we were told that the whole restaurant was booked for a party that night (...my bad I didnt call and check beforehand). The manager felt so sorry for us and offered everything that he can. We were feeling frustrated at first but very soon the frustration turned into satisfaction and warmth! thanks for the manager for being sooo thoughtful and attentive. We were told about their sister restaurant ( see my other review on Fava) and the manager was being very helpful in arranging transport for us and made sure we got a seat there. During the wait for the transport we were served with a glass of wine and endless snacks (which was really yummmyy....)....feeling so warm!

Just for this world-class service I would surely recommend this place to everyone! and I wish I had the chance next time to visit Bangalore and try my luck again at Caperberry!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank B L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Bengaluru, India
“wine with food”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

the alcohol and the food go really well.the choice of wines are plenty.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Just the best in Bangalore. Exceptional food”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

If it were in Europe it would be very close to deserving a Michelin star. Innovative food, but using modern “molecular gastronomy” methods very well for some dishes. We both had “simple” starters - me a pear, walnut, manchego cheese, and rocket salad, my husband a sweetcorn soup. Both perfect. For main course we both chose the duck - cooked “sous vide” and was just melt-in-th-mouth. Stunning. For dessert my husband had the Spanish churros - a real favourite of ours - and they were good, but not the best we’ve tasted. I had the Cryo dessert - a creamy cranberry foam “cooked” in liquid nitrogen, instantly freezing the outside whilst leaving the inside creamy. Gorgeous.......

I really don’t understand why Caperberry is not the top restaurant on Tripadvisor for Bangalore, as the quality of the produce, the skill, and the variety, is second to none in this city.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Mulqueen
india
“World class quality at Indian Prices!”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This unassuming restaurant located next to manipal centre does not give a whiff of the food to come when you walk in.
We ordered the "Famous duck" which comes specially farmed from delhi, the Basa fish dish and the seafood paella, all of which far exceeded our expectations.
The flavours were distinct and specific with obvious thought and resaerch gone into each recipe and the quality of food was superlative as were the quantities.
The icing on the cale was that our waiting staff did not give stereotype answers like "everything is nice" when asked for an opinion and actually helped advise about each dish and also what he thought was better between two dishes etc. I think molecular gastronomique definitely works!

Bengaluru, India
“Overrated !”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I went there to celebrate my wife's birthday. The place is right next to MG road but the croud is almost NO. Although i like secluded place but the loneliness gave me a worry.
However the services were friendly and the menu was big. I had a tough time to choose from a'la'carte' , so i called the head waiter. Now he insisted on some of the cuisine which we were not found of, however we ordered as per his recommendation.
The pasta with cheese was very hard and chewy and could not enjoy till the last. The pizza was just Ok and we ordered a mock tail which was not at all tasty.
The staffs were curtness to bring us a cake with a big announcement and it saved us a grace.
This pricey restauarnt is not worth the value.

• Visited August 2011