“Stay at Movenpick, BEL Circle Bangalore 13 Nov 13”

Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore
Ranked #25 of 659 Hotels in Bengaluru
Delhi, India
“Stay at Movenpick, BEL Circle Bangalore 13 Nov 13”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

An excellent hotel - will stay here in the future
- Best Breakfast so far among all 5* hotels
- Large rooms
- Superlative linen in the room
- very polite staff, gave me late check out at no extra charge

Some help on savings :
- Shower is superb like a tubewell. However shampoo is glass bottles which takes lot of time to come out, so huge amounts of water is wasted - better to go for quick squeese bottles - just saving mother earth, nothing to do with the hotel

- One problem, same as Lemon Tree - TV had all channels except the most watched one TIMES NOW.

Also regarding media, no one opens the newspaper these days, so why waste paper. Ask while checking in if person wants newspaper , most will say no

Regards
Mahesh

Room Tip: All rooms are good, higher floors always have better view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are glad that you took out time and shared your feedback on the recent stay at our hotel. It is indeed a matter of pride for us that you felt that your experience at our Italian restaurant was quite memorable.

We value your feedback about our services, product hotel rooms and the facilities. The hotel offers modernistic and spacious rooms with avant-garde amenities to put the guests in the lap of Mövenpick luxury. It is our supreme focus to provide the Best Value For Money to our guests by doing simple things in an extraordinary way in our service and offering a world class product at an affordable price in the five star segment.

With regards to the areas of improvements we have noted your concern and rest assured each concern highlighted will be addressed.

We are grateful for your support and thank you for your regular patronage of Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit in not too distant future.

Biswajit Chakraborty
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 14 November 2013

It was a last minute plan for us to walk -in at Mezzaluna. Being a big time foodie, we have tried most of the restaurant in Bangalore but just loved the food and service at Mezzuluna. The staff was very well organized. A special thanks to Chef Gaurav for his amazing food that we had enjoyed. He goes out of his way to ensure the guest at his restaurant walks out with a smiling face. I also noticed that he ensured to walk at each table to talk to guest and takes a feedback which is very important and adds cherry on the overall experience. All the very best Chef and wish to try more of your expertise.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and reviewing us on Tripadvisor. It is indeed a matter of joy for us to learn that your dining experience at the hotel was a fabulous one. At Mövenpick we provide an experience that sets us apart from other accommodations. It is indeed a matter of pride for us that you felt that your experience at our Italian restaurant was “outstanding”- Will definitely convey your compliments to our Chef.

Mezzaluna our award winning Gourmet Italian, fine-dining restaurant offers an unbeatable unique wine and cheese sampling experience to enhance our guests dining experience. Coupled with a private dining area, a visit to Mezzaluna definitely takes you all the way back to Italy.

We are grateful for the support and truly value your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.

Bangalore
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I didn't stay at the hotel but I visited the spa today. I had a Swedish massage which was really nice but the masseuse dropped a few drops of oil a couple of times on my face while she was getting it ready for the massage. There was some nature-style (birds chirping, waterfalls etc) music in the background and while she asked me if I would like the volume reduced initially, and although it wasn't very loud it got very irritating after a point. So anyway, the steam/shower room is attached and after the massage she wanted me go to the next room because the steam wasn't working in that particular room, which made me wonder why they gave me the massage in that room knowing fully well I'd have to walk out dripping with oil in my robe. I didn't mind but they could have asked me if I would be okay with it right at the beginning. The steam room was very annoying as the heat was very low and I could barely enjoy the steam. There is one small stool in the shower/steam room and you're supposed to sit on it. Wasn't relaxing at all. The shower also had tepid water not HOT. Also, there was no hairdryer and I had to step out and ask for one. When I did that they directed me to a bigger changing room (here the shower and the steam room were separate and I didn't get a good peek at it but my suspicion is the steam here must be much more relaxing) where the hairdryer was attached next to a chair and there was no mirror or anything to see myself in while I got dressed. But to be honest, I didn't care much as I got a good deal through groupon. In the end I was relaxed and happy and my person mission was accomplished at a very good prince. HOWEVER, had I paid the full price of Rs.4000 I would be disappointed with the less than perfect attention to detail. I am only writing this review because there are only good reviews for this spa, it would be okay for a mid-range spa but these little mishaps are not good for one in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Biswajit C, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have taken this up very strongly with my team and each and every point highlighted by you will be addressed in detail.

This is an inadvertent deviation from our usually high standards. However, would request you to give us another chance to showcase the memorable experience of our “Award Winning Spa”.

We appreciate the trouble you have taken to post a comment. I assure you that on your next visit you will only receive the best of our Spa services. We are grateful for your support and truly value your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore and restoring your confidence in us.

Westerlo, Belgium
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Everything was fantastic during our stay in Moevenpick. The rooms clean and comfortable, the staff always willing to help and satisfy all our needds and of course the food. I highly recommend the indian dishes offered in the hotel´s restaurant. We also booked a day trip to visit Bangalore and it turned out to be a fantastic experience. Without a doubt the place to stay the next time I return to Bangalore.

Tuvimos una estancia excelente en el hotel Moevenpick. Las habitaciones, amplias y limpias, el personal siempre dispuesto a ayudar y satisfacer nuestras necesidades y por supuesto la comida. Recomiendo las especialidades indias ofrecidas en el restaurante del hotel. Reservamos además una visita guiada en la ciudad y la verdad es que fue una experiencia inolvidable. Sin duda alguna, volveré a Moevenipck la próxima vez que visitaré Bangalore.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review on trip advisor. As a collection of hotels, each hotel of Mövenpick is unique in itself with consistently high standards of service across the globe.

It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to make their stay truly unforgettable.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of motivation. It is indeed a matter of great pride to learn that you found our rooms restful and you rate our services among the top notch. We ensure that each and every guest of the hotel is taken care of with our Mövenpick Hospitality. Our greatest strength is our team and your appreciation will encourage us further to deliver our best.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we are delighted to note that we will be having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Being a connoisseur of Italian food, I thoroughly enjoyed eating at Mezzaluna. Great Italian food being served. Must eat place.. I felt that I was transported into Italy as soon as I started to tuck my foot in. The ambiance was authentic too. The staff and service is excellent and the over all experience was heavenly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor. It is indeed a matter of joy for us to learn that your stay at the hotel was a fabulous one - At Mövenpick we provide an experience that sets us apart from other accommodations. It is indeed a matter of pride for us that you felt that your experience at our Italian restaurant was “Excellent”.

In fact starting from 8th November, 2013 to 1st December, 2013 we are showcasing the Tuscan food festival at Mezzaluna where you could experience rustic Tuscan delicacies and create delicious memories as Chef Armando Di Filippo from Rome and Chef Gaurav are all set to take you to a gastronomical journey of a simple and light Tuscan fare paired with a selection of some of the most exotic Italian wines.

We are grateful for the support and truly value your patronage.
We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.