“exclnt service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #83 of 642 Hotels in Bengaluru
bhubneshwar
“exclnt service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

The hotel is Excellent place to stay. Ambience is nice. The hotel staff were really polite , helpful and kind . really enjoyed the stay at the hotel. My next visit too will be at Svenska.....excellent place to be

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I take this opportunity to Thank Team Svenska for my experience w/ you !
In Electronic City, Bangalore - I could have never imagined that a hotel may be so wonderful.
The team is so so so fantastic. Valet, Restaurant, Hotel House keeping.... everyone. Always smiling and w/ a solution.
I first came in here on June 16, 2011... and have continued. I stayed in here for three months until I got a house. and... Team Svenska has continued w/ their warm service. Food is amazeeeeeen' ! Beds are so comfortable that i just melt in them.
I have continued to visit them as this is a matter of relation for me. The sky lounge roof top restaurant serves the best Barbeque I have ever had ! The Mesa Cafe has an ambiance. I often sit the Mesa Lounge w/ my laptop and work w/ a croissant and Tea. They all know my tastes and my preferences. Not mentioned in the computer - but in their minds.
I will recommend and continue to patron Svenska.

Thanx A Ton !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I had actually visited visited Bangalore with my family . Was a shot trip to maysore. Hed nice experience in Svenska.

Good Room service with excellent Hospitality. Very Coordial Staff.

My entire trip became excellent as the stay in the hotel was nice.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with your family lookfor a bigger Room for their comfort preferabely Suit room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Shrikant1978
Hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

The care taken by the staff from the moment I checked-in to this hotel is excellent.
Complimentary massage was a pleasant surprise.
Small token, but the pastry waiting in the room after return from hectic day was refreshing.

Buffet spread is decent, but definitely not the largest spread in Electronics City as advertised.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TripSense
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Boutique hotel - Amateur hour. Booked an executive suite for a business visit in Electronics City. The hotel websites says it's a 5 star hotel but is more like a 4 star asian hotel with really good service. I seriously can not say enough good things about the level of personalized service I've received at the hotel. Everyone is very friendly and I was greeted by name.

Good
-Modern design decor throughout the hotel and in the rooms. Comfortable bed and furniture. iPhone dock alarm clock (although the time was wrong, likely because the battery had run out, housekeeping should check for this)
-Downstairs buffet is somewhere between adequate and good. US mall Food Court quality at reasonable US Food Court prices.
-Some of the best personalized service I've ever experience in any hotel at any price
-Housekeeping is impeccable
-TV's are nice, room had 2 Sony flat LCD TV's.
-Plenty of space
-Breakfast buffet included and has custom made omelets.
-Infinity pool on the roof deck overlooks electronics city
-Lots of good events like all you can drink happy hours and roof top bbq's that attract friendly fun locals.

Bad
- First room smelled like smoke. The front desk staff made me wait for someone to check the room who tried to cover it with air freshener before moving me to another room. That's 30 min of my life I'll never get back.
-Hotel Taxi dropped me off at the wrong HP office even after showing the front desk the full address, and reading the complete address to the taxi driver. Ended up walking a kilometer to the correct location. Hotel staff did personally greet me that evening and offer an apology, but didn’t credit back the cost of the taxi.
-The reason I ended my stay early is because the Internet was intermittently unavailable for TWO days. Hotel acknowledged that they were having some internet issues. As a business hotel, this is unacceptable. Additionally, when checking out early, the hotel manager tried to convince me that I was on a pre-paid rate booked with a travel agent and I would have to pay until the end of my month long stay. This was simply not true. (booked on the hotel website a rate with 1 day cancelation). Shame on them for trying. No cancelation penalty was charged even with the day-of early departure notification which is good.
-Shower floor made of unfinished wood, and while modern and visually interesting, does not dry completely causing the bathroom to perpetually smell moldy.
-Leaky toilet.
-Shower amenities shelf was not properly attached and slanted, make it pretty much useless.
-Outside window not properly chalked and leaked water when it rained, hot/cold air, and more importantly, lots of street noise at all hours of the day.
-Check your towels. I did get a moldy bath towel one day. Housekeeping was very prompt about replacing it.
-Bonus points for the hotel staff trying for 3 days to get me a local sim card. Negative points for not actually being able to make this happen and trying to convince me that iPhone 4 mini-sims are unavailable anywhere in India.

If I was on vacation and I wanted a nice roomy place to stay, this would probably work. But then again, if I was on vacation, I would definitely not stay in Electronics City, which is basically an IT industrial park.

Room Tip: Executive suite was roomy and worth the extra roopies.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank walee
AyushAurora, General Manager at Svenska Design Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Greetings from Svenska Bangalore!!!
I take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us and help us improve individual experiences.
I further have noted your concerns and have shared the same with the team.
The hotel is a non smoking hotel with dedicated areas allocated for smoking.
I believe internet is a basic necessity, To avoid any instance of discomfort to the guest we had a made provision for data card which were available on request. But unfortunately you still faced a challenge with the connectivity speed. regret the inconvenience caused.
I sincerely hope to meet up with your expectation the next time you visit " Svenska Bangalore"
I would appreciate if you could give us the opportunity to serve you better.
Look forward to meet you at Svenska Bangalore!!!!