“A Fake ITC Hotel”

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #22 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was visiting Bengaluru for an extended holiday and as I have had great experiences with other ITC hotels, this was my automatic first choice for a stay. This hotel has one of the best locations, being situated on a huge junction, with loads of restaurants and bars in the vicinity. All the main commercial areas are within 20 minutes walk - I think walking is the best way to move given Bengaluru's excellent weather all year round. The hotel is made beautifully. The open lobby is refreshing and a place where you could spend a lot of time. The Lotus Pavillion is a bar which is open from all sides and open all day - a great place to spend your leisure time even if you are a teetotaler. The rooms are great with all worldly comforts, are spacious and well laid out. Most of the rooms have a balcony attached. The room I stayed in also had a TV with the bath tub. The butler service with complimentary teas and coffees all day is a thoughtful gesture. The hotel has all other facilities also like Spa, Health Club, Swimming Pool, multiple dining options and the like.

But the good news ends here. Two things which have always drawn me to ITC hotels are their Hospitality and their Food. But, sadly both these ingredients are sorely missing in this hotel. The staff is rude, unresponsive, humiliating and demeaning. I encountered such situations every day of my trip with different people and so this was not a stray incident. The Hostess in West View was abusive. Other restaurant staffs were indifferent taking their own sweet time in serving food - and the food is cold by the time it gets served - buffet counters are not replenished inspite of repeated reminders and the cleaning staff drops the food from the table onto the floor. Room service staff forget to bring everything together and by the time they come back the existing food becomes cold. Certain inclusions which were part of my package was denied to me inspite of repeated reminders for the same. The food at best is average. Signature dishes from other ITC restaurants are advertised but taste nothing like the original.

All in all I would recommend giving this place a miss. This hotel makes sense only for people looking for freebies, as you can find so many faults and if you make the right noises the management will load you with freebies to keep your mouth shut. I would like to add that the same stunt was tried on me but I declined all such offers and have paid for my stay in full.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank rahuls73
ITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us a detailed review on your recent stay at the ITC Gardenia.

While it brings us great delight to note that you have particularly appreciated the hotel's location, public spaces, the Lotus Pavilion Bar , accomodation facility, butler services, leisure & dining facilities , it is a matter of immediate concern & distressing to read your feedback on the hospitality, cuisine & service quality.

As a patron of ITC Hotels across the country, we are certain that you have had several lovely experiences & this has been a serious aberration in our service quality. Please be assured that it is definitely not the standards of expectation/s on quality emphasized & practiced with great care at the ITC Gardenia.

The service crew who have attended to you at various levels of interaction , have been closely monitored & prompt action has been taken to ensure that a situation such this does not occur again. Necessary corrective action has been immediately reviewed across all levels of guest management & services.

Our profuse apologies on your recent stay experience, that has not matched your expectations across most parameters. Please allow us an opportunity to serve you soon.

Assuring your of best services at all times.

Management ITC Gardenia

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

This was my first stay at the ITC Gardenia as they had some good pricing on prepaid rates. I usually stay at the ITC Windsor.

The lobby gives great first impressions. The hotel is very nicely designed with cool breezes coming through.

Breakfast buffet was standard for an Indian ITC. The service was very good at the restaurants. I did not eat at any of the other restaurants.

The gym was medium sized, but seemingly unused. It would have been nice if there was some windows. Staff was helpful.

1  Thank Greg F
ITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Guest,

We take this opportunity to thank you for your appreciation & feedback as it keeps us focused & inclined towards our commitment of quality service in an inspired setting.

ITC Gardenia, Bangalore- the World’s Largest & Asia’s First LEED Platinum hotel , inspired by the ‘Garden City’ of India , strives to create an indigenous experience befitting discerning travelers & we are grateful to the many wondrous opportunities bestowed to relentlessly pursue & establish ITC Gardenia’s service hallmarks , as a beacon of ‘Responsible Luxury’ , while fulfilling & surpassing expectations of our valued patrons such as you .

Our constant endeavor is to consistently co create personalized, memorable experiences with the highest quality of comfort & luxury befitting your needs & requirements.

It brings us immense pleasure & delight that you have extended your gracious compliments on your recent stay. While your feedback on the gym has been reviewed, the current use of double glazed glass is a delibrate attempt to enhance ventilation & cool the gym area.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us a detailed review, we do hope your travels will bring you back to Bangalore in the near future for longer durations. This will allow you the luxury of time to experience the award winning dining option on foeer spanning across Japanese, Indian & Western Grills.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the ITC Gardenia.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I am a Business traveller who lives over 80% in Hotels in Asia.
This was my first stay at the ICT Bangalore and I was fascinated of the property, the friendlyness of the staff
Staying 2 nights, was not really enough to enjoy this place.

Negative:
THE BELL BOYS who do not listen to what they were told, when I did told them that I will take care of my luggage after the scan
THE HOUSEKEEPING who are changing the Aircon down to 18 deg C, when it was set on 24 C
THE HOUSEKEEPING who does not refill amenities once they have been used up
The Shower door which did not close properly and “flooding” the bathroom (this is a common problem in Asian Hotels, poor workmanship of Asian workers – like the Australians used to say “near enough is good enough”)

Positive:
The room size with nicely tight closed “night blinds”
The bed for a great night sleep and the pillows as well
The Reception in terms of speed and friendliness
The “Coffee Shop” as in a open environment
What you get for you money (value for money)

I never judge the food quality in a Hotel restaurant or Coffee shop. In all my 13 years I have learned – if you like to take the risk to get “food poisoning” “Bali Belly” – EAT at the Hotel, especially from the Buffet, it is almost a guarantee to get an upset stomach. It is only advisable, when the food is cooked fresh and served right away (the only exception is the Hotel Mulia, Senayan – Jakarta – Indonesia, the food is fresh at the Buffet and it’s taken care about it.)

All over – I great place where I am looking forward to be back again, next time hopefully a room with a balcony as I like the fresh air vs. aircon.

Room Tip: if you like fresh air, ask for a room with balcony

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time in detailing your review based on your recent experience at the ITC Gardenia. Recognition & feedback such as yours keeps us inclined towards our core focus & constantly enables space for enhancing service standards.

ITC Gardenia, Bangalore the World’s Largest & Asia’s First LEED Platinum hotel , inspired by the ‘Garden City’ of India , strives to create an indigenous getaway befitting discerning travelers such as you.

It brings us immense pleasure & delight that you have extended your gracious compliments to our team of associates, who have been recognized for their friendlness, your compliments towards accomodation , comfort, coffeeshop ambience & value for money has been appreciated by all us .

However it is distressing to note of your feedback relevant to the belldesk,ac temperature, ammenity refills & shower door which are disappointing to an otherwise perfect stay.
With regards to the belldesk team , training has been reviewed & implemented to understand & assess guest needs thereby contributing to flawless services. Our housekeeping team have immediately reviewed their management on ammenities & supplies. The shower door is being addressed with immediate action & space for plausible corrections & streamlining is actioned.
These incidents are an abberation & we most certainly assure you that your future experiences will not allow scope for such challenges.
We urge you to stay at the ITC Gardenia on your subsequent visits to Bengaluru.
Do hope your travels will bring you on extended stays to Bengaluru , while we stay committed towards ensuring that your visits are impeccable.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

A pleasant surprise for a 5 star hotel, very green and Eco friendly even though it's in the middle of the city. Excellent room and restaurant service. The staff was courteous and polite without being pushy. The rooms were spacious, roomy and clean. Indian restaurant, Kebab and curries was awesome.The Lamb stew was excellent and the kebabs were ready to melt in the mouth.Nice place for the family and I will definitely recommend it to friends.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy H
ITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor, while complimenting our green endeavors that is in keeping with the chains ethos of 'Responsible Luxury'

The entire team feels proud & honoured to read your feedback & compliments. Your recognition of our product including accomodation, food & beverage & ambience is appreciated by all of us. It brings us great delight to note of your recognition towards the service aspects & cuisine quality.

The team at ITC Gardenia is committed to quality service & it is feedback such as yours that keeps us motivated & focused.

Looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

For my first time in India, traveling to Bangalore on business, my stay at the ITC Gardenia was an excellent first impression.

Service: Service was really the standout for me. From the moment I got there (which was around 3am due to flight times) to the moment I left (which was about midnight, again due to flight times), the level of service never stopped impressing me. I can say from experience that in all areas of the hotel and round the clock, the service was the perfect balance of friendly, polite, and helpful without being pushy or overbearing. The front desk both at check in and check out was fast and efficient. There were always staff around the common areas ready to help as needed, including the first morning when I came down for breakfast on of the women offered to escort me over to breakfast and mentioned that the woman who had helped me during check in had mentioned to her during shift change to watch out for me and take good care of me (almost never see personal touches like that). I could go on, but overall definitely 5 stars for service.

Rooms: Plenty of space, good layout, comfortable, very clean. More than I expect when traveling for business and enough that I would stay again for personal travel.

Location: Hard to comment on, did not tour the area, only back and forth to the office and site visits.

Restaurants: Breakfast buffet was excellent, good variety, everything tasted fresh, and slightly different each day. Indian restaurant was good as well, had a group dinner there one of the nights. Wine selection was poor in my opinion, but that was only a minor issue.

Gym/Pool: Both were very good. Gym was spacious and well maintained, good mix of machines, as well as mats and free weights. Pool wasn't anything special, but as good or better than I would have expected.

Overall: Highly recommended.

1  Thank Bonk00
ITCGardenia, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience on Trip Advisor,

It brings us great pleasure to note of your splendid experience on your recent stay at the ITC Gardenia.
The team is equally delighted on your appreciation of the impressive service extended throughout our stay. It is equaly wonderful to know that the speed of check in & check out were equally impressive.

Thanks indeed for complimenting the breakfast team , specially expressing your appreciation across accomodation facilities, restaurants, while it is distressing to note that the wine selection didnt appeal to your liking, this has been viewed very critically with the team in keeping with our endeavor of upgrading & offering a distinct repertoire & wine portfolio. This is a concern point which we assure you is being addressed & not something that is in any way reflective of the standards.

Your observations on the gym & pool have been well recieved.

It is our earnest endeavor to offer the highest levels of service & comfort to our discerning guests such as you.

Looking forward to the pleasure of you continued visits to ITC Gardenia in the near future.