“Best Hotel in Bangalore.. if money is not a constraint” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
Ranked #20 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, India
“Best Hotel in Bangalore.. if money is not a constraint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is an excellent hotel with superb facilities.. The location is bang in the middle of the city. The controls of the room and the overall feel is so good, you will not want to leave your room at all.

Like all ITC hotels the staff is prim, proper and ready to help. Its a great place to stay for a business trip. The only flip-side is hardly any open space and the property is all vertical and very less horizontal.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 8 October 2013

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us your delightful experience at ITC Gardenia on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to know and learn of your cherishing experience whilst at our hotel.It is our endeavor to ensure that each of our guests enjoy and have a memorable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the ITC Gardenia.

Best Regards,
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

ITC have delivered a great city centre hotel to compliment their portfolio of hotels in Bangalore. Great room sizes and specifications and an impressive 'indoor/outdoor' reception lobby.

Staff are the usual professional standard at ITC hotels, courteous, professional and always obliging to help.

The bar and restaurant provides warm relaxation and a great variety of food and drink.

A very nice pool and sunbathing deck!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time off to share with us a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

The entire team feels proud & honoured to read your feedback & compliments.

ITC Hotels, Bangalore are centrally located to enable enhance the accessibility of our discerning business travellers.

ITC Gardenia's lobby bears ode to the garden city of Karnataka & infuses the verdant outdoor with a wind cooled atrium lobby taking advantage of Bangalore's affable weather all year round.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the service & hospitality extended by the team in keeping with our endeavor to deliver impeccable experiences to our valued guests such as you.

Thank you for your appreciation on the diverse restuarnt portfolio, cuisine, bar & the pool facilities.

The team joins me in looking forward to your continued visits every time work or pleasure brings you to Bangalore.

Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Good experience, excellent property situated in the heart of the city and is definitely a place where I would stay again the next time I have a chance. As it was a business trip could not get much time but the food, service and the overall experience was great.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us such a lovely feedback on Trip Advisor.

The entire team feels proud & honoured to read your compliments.

It is wonderful to note that you found the hotel conviniently located.

We appreciate your recognition on cuisine quality, service & your complete stay experience at the ITC Gardenia.

We do hope your travels will bring you over extended lengths of stay at the ITC Gardenia fto explore our portfolio of award winning resturants & bars, in room dining options , ITC hotels branded state of the art spa -Kaya Kalp , pool & leisure facilities & the luxury of time to soak in to a relaxed ambience .

Thank you once again & we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Though this was my first and short one night stay, the experience was wonderful. I was lucky to be there while the Chef Imtiaz Qureshi special was going on in Curries n more.

Look forward to next visit which, I hope, would be more than one day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing the time to share with us such a lovely review on Trip Advisor.

The team feels proud & honoured to read your feedback.

Your recognition & appreciation of your experience at Kebabs & Kurries & your interaction with Grand Master Chef Imtiaz Qureshi is appreciated by all of us.

The team at ITC Gardenia is committed to quality service & your appreciation review is truly rewarding.

Thank you once again for your recognition & looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits over a longer duration at the ITC Gardenia.

gurgaon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

This was my second trip to ITC Gardenia in Bangalore. This was a business trip like the earlier one that I had made.

I was very impressed, like the last time, with the design and layout of the property. Situated in the middle of the greenery of Residency road, with the towering rain trees and the verdant parks this was a beautiful location. What made it striking was the beautiful lobby, the creepers and vines in the lobby itself, and the green topped restaurant at the entrance. I also loved the candle decoration (I had reached late, around midnight) and the great flow of the breeze through the lobby. I sat a long time reading in the lobby, enjoying the light of the flickering flames and the incessant breeze that was soothing. I give the design two thumbs up.

The rooms are bright, spacious and tastefully decorated. They are like all of ITC business hotel rooms ( I travel a lot, and often stay in the other properties of ITC as well... I am a ITC Club member too). The other facilities were also well-maintained. The spa was clean and the steam, jacuzzi, and sauna were kept spotlessly clean. The swimming pool was a delight.

Now comes the bad part. This is where Gardenia really faltered, and faltered big time. Unlike the last time I saw Gardenia appear uninterested in any type of service. Let me illustrate with examples. Ther start was promising though. There was somebody waiting to welcome me into the hotel and she called me by my name as she handed over a beautiful silk scarf (personalization, using my earlier check-in data.. a nice personal touch.. appreciated).. then it began to go downhill.

The restaurant food was cold. Nobody seemed to be noticing. There was a food-tag of 'dimsums platter.. request the chef'.. when I asked the chef he said that it was an error and replaced the tag. Nobody came asking for rotis... I had to get cutlery from other tables myself. I thought this was an anomaly and gave them the benefit of doubt. Next morning, at breakfast time, I was shocked to see that this was the norm. Food was cold again (the dosa they got me was COLD, the omlette cold, half the things were just cold)... again there was the dimsum fiasco (I assume it was a naughty ghost that kept placing the sign there)... I was irritated, as any business traveler would be (considering that the breakfast is an important meal for us office-goers)... Nobody bothered to ask for tea/ coffee/ juices. Nobody came asking if I needed any toast or anything else... there was a callousness to my presence that I could not fathom. Later I checked and found out that my friends who had stayed there had similar experiences to share.

Later, when we were in a meeting (at the same hotel, in a meeting room in the 1st Floor) one of our business partners actually stumbled and fell because the junction box in the carpeted area (for wire connections) was not covered and almost like a small hollow. It was unprofessionally managed, to say the least.

ITC Gardenia, like all of their best hotels, is a great property. I have loved it. But like a great ship cannot run without a great crew or a great captain, I felt that the personnel issues in Gardenia are letting it down, badly. I have always felt at home in ITC hotels but this experience (I have not detailed everything out) makes me wonder if the ITC management are aware that each of their flagship hotels are floundering. It can be corrected, if they act upon it now... I would hate to see such a lovely hotel struggle. But believe me, even the best can fall and fail. Word of mouth is a strong thing, and since we business travelers are a pretty strong close-knit group, ITC should act and act first.

Personally, I will think again if I want to visit any ITC property in the near future.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dipteshg
, General Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

whilst we are happy to note that you have enjoyed the ambience, design & atmosphere of the ITC Gardenia & particularly appreciated the evening ritual at the hotel lobby, while also acknowledging your previous visit, the spa & its many facilties & the traditional Mysore welcome which is delightful to note.

It is rather distressing to review your observation on food & beverage, service efficiency & the experience at Upper Crust.

while it is our utmost focus to provide our valued , discerning guests such as you a flawless & impeccable experience, your experience has certainly been an aberation , not reflective of the hotel's service levels, which is a clear indication reference your previous visit.

You will be happy to note that immediate corrective action has been taken to arrest the service design & failures incurred therafter.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that your colleagues & you have a wonderful experience on your return in the future.

Request you to please treat your last stay as an abberation & provide us with the oppurtunity to have you back on your future visits to Bengaluru.

Your feeback has been shared with the team & it is of utmost concern to us .

Thank you for taking the liberty to share with us pertinent observations & being helpful in providing us all the information to be able to address the impending parameters on a war footing.

Assuring you our best services & looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits