“Good for extended stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #85 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Chandigarh
“Good for extended stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Nice rooms, ok - good enough restaurant, very helpful and courteous staff, easy check-in, good corporate rates as well, value for money, NO DINNER BUFFET, barely acceptable range of breakfast buffet. Good in-room dining. Reasonable priced food. Slow elevators. Good ambiance for restaurant and lobby. Almost all the guests were business travelers. Room was clean, bed comfy, made some noises but good. Spacious room, more than i have seen in the same budget.

Good for extended stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same i guess, chose the ones on a lower floor as the elevators are very slow...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tushar S
ROSuites, General Manager at Royal Orchid Suites, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It was good to know that you liked our rooms and the food of our hotel .

I appreciate your kind words and compliments on the hotel especially the quality of our In room dining menu. We always strive to keep our service & surroundings fresh & new for our guests to be always delighted. Also I would like to thank you for meeting our chef at the hotel. I

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future, and I would very much appreciate if you give us another opportunity to ensure that we can create a near perfect stay at the Royal Orchid Suites, Bangalore on your next visit.

On your view about the Dinner buffet, please be rest assured that the same had been addressed to the concerned and we will work out the modalities of having the same executed.

Vinod M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was going back to B'lore after nearly 8-9 years*. Was with my better half.
As always, checked with a close friend on the options available. Was looking for a property in that part of city, around whitefield.With his help shortlisted this property. Tripadvisor reviews helped a great deal too.

Located off the main road, which protects a bit from pollution & a lot from traffic noice ( we still honk a lot!)
Check-in, check-out was very easy.
Service is very good.
Food was great. Esp break fast, if you like S Indian cuisine, complete with dosa & chutney-powder! ( I still believe in 'King's Breakfast'.)
Rooms are clean. Room service prompt.
Some lights were not working in the room, but was ok to save energy. But one A/c unit was not in perfect condition.

Close to Whitefield ashram of Sri Sathya Sai. Also, There are couple of nice, small temples nearby-A Hanumanji temple and a Vinayaka temple.

Forum mall is close by for quick shopping ( did splurge a bit)

Overall a great place for a short stay, with family...

Travel experiences in Blore - check out

Room Tip: opt for the south-view
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SubsIndia
ROSuites, General Manager at Royal Orchid Suites, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It was good to know that you liked our rooms, other services and the location of our hotel .

I appreciate your kind words and compliments on the hotel especially the quality of our Buffet BF and the smooth check in/ check out process . We always strive to keep our service & surroundings fresh & new for our guests to be always delighted.

On your view about the A/C and the lighting, please be rest assured that the same had been addressed to the concerned and for sure there will be a positive change during your next visit.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed a total of two nights.This property is located in the Whitefiled area of Bangalore which is anyway far away from the city. When you arrive at the airport ask the taxi driver to take you through the back of the airport this route maybe a little longer but has no traffic and takes lesser time that going through the city. The hotel itself is within a residential complex and far away from any market so you are dependent on hotel for all your needs. I stayed here because it is where my company held a workshop.The food is disapointing but more than the food it is the staff-don't get me wrong they are polite and try to please but this must be the slowest staff at any hotel I have stayed at. I was at breakfast there were maybe 3 more people and it still took them 45 minutes to get an omlette to me. It took them an hour to send up a coke and then another hour to send up some matches.The hotel is far from the city so it's not noisy and pollution levels are , all rooms have a balcony and that is an added bonus.I would say stay here again only if I have work in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nairajay10
ROSuites, General Manager at Royal Orchid Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2012

On your view about the service of the hotel, please be rest assured we have taken steps to ensure the same is not repeated in future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

This is a great place. I've stayed at the Royal Orchid suites and hotels here and in Jaipur a few times and I'm always happy with the service and hotel. This time I got an Executive suite for the same price of a studio suite (through expedia). The executive suite is nice - has a living room and a kitchen and bedroom with a balcony. The staff is friendly and accomodating. I also like the free wireless internet they have in all the rooms which they dont charge anything extra for. The b'fast is included with the room (at least for what I paid for) and they had a good b'fast with omelet, dosa bars who will make you whatever you want. The room service was good as well. Only thing was that they should stock conditioner bottles in the bathrooms along with shampoo bottles. That was the only thing they didnt have. I would recommend to others and would stay here myself again.
The location is in Whitefield, which while not in Bangalore city, is easier to get to from the airport (since it doesnt go through the city), and the area itself is only a couple of minutes walk from a mall (Forum Value Mall - which has a movie theatre with gold class seating) and many other little nice restaurants that have been cropping up over the last couple of years. If you do need to go into B'lore, there are buses (AC buses like the G10) that will take you to the city. Also, you can catch the BIAL airport buses right outside the hotel (about 100 ft walk on the other side of the road) to go to the airport.

Room Tip: Only thing about the A/C was that it didnt seem to give too much heat. While it wasnt super cold or...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hobokenworkingman
ROSuites, General Manager at Royal Orchid Suites, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. It was good to know that you liked our rooms, other services and the proximity to the city as well at the hotel .

I appreciate your kind words and compliments on the hotel. We always strive to keep our service & surroundings fresh & new for our guests to be always delighted.

On your view about the bathroom amenities and A/C, please be rest assured that the same had been addressed to the concerned and if for sure you will be a positive change during your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

If your work is in Whitefield, this is an excellent place for you to consider. Excellent value for the money and more importantly "far from the madding crowd". It's off on a side street, off the main thorough fare, yet walkable distance to the Forum Mall and eateries in the area.

The food is good, the staff friendly, and their Chef is wonderful. He will prepare you a special meal if you don't like what's on the menu.

By way of improvement, they need to stock up on other beers besides Kingfisher and Corona. I was disappointed that they don't even carry the beers that they advertise on their menu. Either get the advertised beers or get it off the menu. Being a beer lover, I recommend the former.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Nomad108
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. It was good to know that you liked our rooms and other services as well at the hotel .

I appreciate your kind words and compliments on the hotel especially our chef. We always strive to keep our service & surroundings fresh & new for our guests to be always delighted.

On your concern on Beverage menu the stock maintenance of the beer, we for sure did not meet your expectation and the availability of few specific items has been increased and you should not face any problems of such nature in future. I once again apologize for this lapse.