“Ideal for long stays” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 640 Hotels in Bengaluru
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“Ideal for long stays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

My family and I lived in the GM Bangalore for eight weeks while we waited to move into our house nearby. We were in Rm 501 which is a double bedroom with kitchenette. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the hotel limousine service, excellent value at INR1000.The pool was crystal clear and very inviting except when the hotel was holding some civil reception there. There is not much to do except swim and spa, but there is a pleasant park a short walk away. The hotel runs a pic and mix of service options regarding: Internet, limo transfers, laundry and dinner. Only one internet device per room. Extra devices cost more unless you route through a server. Laundry is expensive at INR1000/4 items. We used Band Box which was INR 1000/ 40 items. The hotel seems particularly grabbing on bills ad invoices.

Room Tip: All the 01 rooms have double bed rooms with lounge. 501 has a rare view of the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AnujC, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Mr.Tim J,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Mercure Bangalore. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I'm glad that you appreciated the rooms & facilities of the property.

Tejus Jose
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

European styled & they have two restaurants both of which are pretty good, one in a pool setting the other in a nice restaurant and closed garden setting. European, Indian, Asian cuisines served and a great place to have a quiet get together close to everything at the city.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank spdhar
Tejus J, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed dining at our property.

To keep yourself updated about promotions at Grand Mercure, you are most welcome to follow us on facebook.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Tejus Jose
Orpington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel due to a relocation from the UK. I chose it out of our 3 other options on the basis it offered a one bedroom apartment with a kitchenette. We were expecting to stay between 2 and 4 weeks so having some space in the room was essential.

The rooms are very clean and fairly modern with a large bed which was very comfortable. The bathrooms are a good size but they do not have baths. The kitchenette has a microwave and a small gas hob with some basic kitchen utensils. The dining/lounge area is an ok size and has a balcony. They have a lovely pool and the gym is adequate.

The areas I think they can greatly improve on are room services and food/beverage service outside of standard eating times. If you were here on business I don't think you'd have any issues. As I was at the hotel most days I found it very frustrating that I had to call up from the pool area to order a drink or something to eat. Unless I knew what I wanted it could take up to an hour just to get a burger. We also found that they catered for many corporate/special occasion functions and that resulted in its guest not being able to use the pool are or one/part of the two restaurants. I very much felt paying guests came second. The waiters in the restaurants were extremely friendly and efficient and I felt the overall hotel was letting its staff down by its general management.

On checking out after 3 weeks the hotel was insisting we should pay for the 4 weeks as book. We refused and told them to take it up with my husbands company. The week earlier they had forced us to pay the bill up to that date and I was very surprised with their attitude towards a large corporate client who's employees were spending a lot of money there.

Overall I think this hotel gave a poor introduction to a newly arrives resident to Bangalore.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GlobeTrotter010
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear GlobeTrotter010.

Many thanks for your time for your review.

I'm glad that you appreciated the rooms & facilities of the property.

Please do accept my personal apology that we were not able to meet your expectations for room services and food/beverage service outside of standard eating times. I will personally look into the concern and see how we may improve on it.

With respect to your check-out experience, it's truly regrettable that it wasn't a pleasant one. The Team is already working on streamlining the process to avoid repeat of the experience.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to better our services.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Great genuine warm welcome on check in, shown to room. Apartment style, clean well appointed. Good small gym, nice pool and deck area. Coffee shop / breakfast room, not the best from a service perspective, good choice of buffet but quality and presentation could be improved. "By the Blue" out door dinning very good. Spa small but good value (very good massage).
A few things could be improved better quality coffee in rooms: al la carte breakfast options: freshly cooked: also better co ordination of pool closures for weddings and events. Some staff training, I hate people standing over me whilst i am eating, re filling my plate every time i took a mouthful of my dinner.
Overall enjoyed my stay and would stay again, with some better management and staff training
this could be a very good budget business hotel.

Room Tip: All the same i think
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Hello MikeEdw.

Thank you for your review, it's very much appreciated.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and like the facilities.

I understand your view about overdoing the service by the restaurant team and I will personally get involved to better it.

The Team and I do look forward to be of service to you again on your next visit.

Pickering
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times on business and I always return- the staff are always friendly and provide a real welcome, the food is always great and the location for me is excellent!

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMB-Team, General Manager at Grand Mercure Bangalore, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Hi lancashirelass002.

My heartfelt thanks for your continued support. It is really wonderful to know that the genuine efforts of the Team is appreciated and that we are able to make you feel at home with us :)

Rest assured that we'll always do our best to keep you happy .. Sky's the limit for you.

Cheers,