“A Texan in India”

Ranked #28 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
McKinney, Texas
“A Texan in India”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I will rank my overall satisfaction with the Zuri as very good as I did not care for the other restaurants in the hotel except fot the Infinity and the gift shop guy is way too pushy. The bold spicey flavors of the Indian food at the Infinity kept me coming back for more. The staff there are remarkable and go out of thier way to make you feel at home. From Sharda's friendly smile everyday when we got back from the office. Sunil, Dhritiman, Serwar and Monoranjan at the Infinity always had beer iced down for me. Jaison and Chandan always stopping by for a little chat. Even Guido (GM) would always ask how I was doing and if I needed anything. Then the housekeeper, Ramu, very polite and always asking if everything was good with my room. One of the many hotel drivers, I can only remember one of thier names, Anils, was like the rest of the staff, very polite and helpfull.

When I go back to Bangalore, The Zuri will get my business.

I know I have met many of the staff and cannot remember all of thier names but I wish y'all the best and hope to see y'all again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite of the hotel from the road are quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 14 July 2012

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the team, product and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

We are certain, your feedback shall facilitate us in consolidating upon our strengths and improve further on our standards.Thus enabling our valuable guests to experience better services in the Hotel.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore , I would be delighted to assist you personally.

Dev Mohanty
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Arabic first
Woodbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The Zuri is a top quality hotel and will always get my business when I am in Bangalore. Comfortable rooms, freidnly and accomodating staff, good food. The Maya Spa is first rate. (Ms Reddy did incredible things to my feet during my pedicure). Sake is an outstanding restaurant. Good rooftop buffet for brunch. Italian restaurant has dropped a notch (the only reason for the VG rating).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the product and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was my first stay and boy it makes me wanna go back and stay there again! The ambiance is great! The staff goes out of their way in making this home-away-from-home!

The breakfast, lunch & dinner buffet are so diverse & yummy! The in-room dining experience is also rich in both taste & service!

The Maya Spa has got to be the best spa experience I've ever had!

The staff members are exceptionally good..Sharda, Dhatchayani, Amit, Suraj, Eric, Avinash, Amol, and so many more!!

Cheers!
Odill

Room Tip: The 8th floor has awesome views! And is peaceful & quiet!

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the product, staff and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I had a very pleasant weeklong stay at The Zuri. The efficient check-in, friendly, responsive staff, the excellent service was first class and made my trip all the more enjoyable.

Breakfast and dinner in the Kahwa restaurant was good with a wide selection to choose from, they just need to get some real bangers for breakfast. Had one hiccup in regards to coffee after dinner where I was presented with a cup that looked like it contained dishwater. Returned it and asked for an espresso replacement only to be represented with an espresso cup with the same dishwater. Third time round, the waiter did get it right and the espresso was good.
The Infinity poolside grill was okay but the beer and pool were great and the cricket very exciting.
I will not recommend the Italian restaurant, overpriced and very average.

I found the staff very courteous and always willing to help. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed and the internet worked well. The hotel is well situated for local industries.

All in all a good stay and will go back again.

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We have taken your feedback on the quality of coffee served with our food and beverage team, who shall be delighted to serve you in the future.

Hartford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Zuri during a 2 week business trip. The stay was exceptionally pleasant. The staff very accommodating, and very enjoyable. The breakfast buffet was outstanding due to its variety, just one item that I would have liked to see was OJ. But, nevertheless, the quality of the food served and the presentation was excellent.
The satellite service was a little irregular but I seldom watched any show anyways, except for couple IPL matches.
I did enjoy sitting by the pool and as always the staff made it a very pleasant experience. I will definitely recommend the hotel and will plan on staying there for my next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore next , I would be delighted to assist you personally.