“The Zuri - Top notch in lux-zuri :)”

The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore
Ranked #27 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
Los Angeles, California
“The Zuri - Top notch in lux-zuri :)”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was my first stay and boy it makes me wanna go back and stay there again! The ambiance is great! The staff goes out of their way in making this home-away-from-home!

The breakfast, lunch & dinner buffet are so diverse & yummy! The in-room dining experience is also rich in both taste & service!

The Maya Spa has got to be the best spa experience I've ever had!

The staff members are exceptionally good..Sharda, Dhatchayani, Amit, Suraj, Eric, Avinash, Amol, and so many more!!

Cheers!
Odill

Room Tip: The 8th floor has awesome views! And is peaceful & quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 14 July 2012

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the product, staff and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

We are certain, your feedback shall facilitate us in consolidating upon our strengths and improve further on our standards.Thus enabling our valuable guests to experience better services in the Hotel.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore , I would be delighted to assist you personally.

Dev Mohanty
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I had a very pleasant weeklong stay at The Zuri. The efficient check-in, friendly, responsive staff, the excellent service was first class and made my trip all the more enjoyable.

Breakfast and dinner in the Kahwa restaurant was good with a wide selection to choose from, they just need to get some real bangers for breakfast. Had one hiccup in regards to coffee after dinner where I was presented with a cup that looked like it contained dishwater. Returned it and asked for an espresso replacement only to be represented with an espresso cup with the same dishwater. Third time round, the waiter did get it right and the espresso was good.
The Infinity poolside grill was okay but the beer and pool were great and the cricket very exciting.
I will not recommend the Italian restaurant, overpriced and very average.

I found the staff very courteous and always willing to help. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed and the internet worked well. The hotel is well situated for local industries.

All in all a good stay and will go back again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the product and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

We have taken your feedback on the quality of coffee served with our food and beverage team, who shall be delighted to serve you in the future.

Hartford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Zuri during a 2 week business trip. The stay was exceptionally pleasant. The staff very accommodating, and very enjoyable. The breakfast buffet was outstanding due to its variety, just one item that I would have liked to see was OJ. But, nevertheless, the quality of the food served and the presentation was excellent.
The satellite service was a little irregular but I seldom watched any show anyways, except for couple IPL matches.
I did enjoy sitting by the pool and as always the staff made it a very pleasant experience. I will definitely recommend the hotel and will plan on staying there for my next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore next , I would be delighted to assist you personally.

London
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here last year on business. It was my first time to Bangalore and in fact India,
I chose this hotel from the UK, not realising how sprawling Bangalore is, and unfortunately it was about a forty minute drive to the office I was working at. This was obviously not the fault of the hotel but my planning! I was working at Bagmani Tech Park, and this place is a bit of a trek from there.

The public areas of the hotel are ok, although the bar was very dark and the air conditioning (as so often in India) was very cold. The rooms are amazing, I was only there for a week, and probably could not have stayed in that room any longer. The stylling is unique and I liked it, although I can see a lot of people hating it. I found the room uncomfortable to work in, with a poor chair at a dressing table being the only place I could sit with my laptop. I eventually plumped for sitting on the bed as this was more comfortable.

the food is fine, not the best I have had in India, but not the worst either.

I would stay here again if I was working in Whitefield, as it is I now stay at the Oberoi as it is more geared to the business traveller and is closer to my required location. The Zuri does represent good value for money as it is cheap by Bangalore 5* hotel standards. But don't expect to be overwhelmed.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We have taken on board your feedback, and have incorporated these points as a part of our Culinary enhancement experience and product change requirements.

San Francisco
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have been staying at Zuri for last two years. Rooms are great, breakfast is awesome and rooftop Sake is very good, with exception to Italian place, that needs major improvement in menu and authenticity. This time my wife was with me, she indulged in spa one entire day. She enjoyed it fully. One complaint though Spa lady had to leave as wife or girlfrield of general manager of Zuri showed up for spa. I was hoping that all guests will be given same priority in a top business hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason B
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, 13 May 2012

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We have noted with concern the feedback on the food and spa experience. There have been necessary steps undertaken to do a major menu and ingredient changeover.

Kindly permit me to clarify, the hotel does extend priority of service and usage to its guest in any area covered under its product and services line.Our General Manager has further contacted you with facts that substantiate the same. However we do regret the erroneous communication that was put forth by our team member.
Our learning and development division has addressed this break down since then.