“An Average Hotel - Centrally Located” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Magaji Orchid
Ranked #423 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Chennai, India
“An Average Hotel - Centrally Located”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

The Magaji Orchid is located about a 5 minute auto ride from Palace Grounds where a lot of exhibitions are held. It is also very close to the Shivaji Nagar area. This business class hotel is an option for business travelers who are on a budget and who want to stay in the heart of the city.

Stayed there for two nights with a colleague on a Business Trip.

Pro's
* Very close to the city centre and MG Road.
* Availability of good restaurants within walking distance. Located in the parallel street.
* Moderately priced. If you bargain they will offer double rooms at Rs. 1700/- nett per night including breakfast.
* Room Service available.

Con's:
* Rooms are small and very compact.
* The protective sheets for the blankets though washed were very stained and almost brown in color. Gives a feeling that they are not changed after a checkout.
* The towels though washed are stained and frayed.
* Buffet Breakfast was OK. On both the days the menu was similar with a choice of Idly, Mini Uthappam and Paratha. Taste was OK.
* Rooms are not cleaned properly and badly maintained.
* Bathrooms are not cleaned properly and badly maintained with the paint peeling of the ceiling.
* Cleaning of rooms and bathrooms leave a lot to be desired.
* Staff though pleasant to talk to are very rigid in their interpretation of the hotel rules. They do not understand the need of the customer.

Go here if you can't find a better option

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bochum, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I booked this hotel though Agoda for five nights, as I was on a working trip. The receptionist was extremely friendly and nice.

Room: The room was ok, only the bedsheets had stains of oil and the window could not be shut properly, therefore it was quite noisy in the room. The bathroom was very clean.

The breakfast buffet, wich was included in my tarif, was in fact quite bad: the toast tasted like old and the idlys (South Indian breakfast) were cold and tasteless.

The a la carte menu of the adjacent restaurant/room service has not much to offer if your are looking for a light meal (except for the salad, wich was actually nice). However, the staff was very nice and helpful and they offer to prepare boiled vegetables, which were super nice the first time but the second time they were soaked in oil! (I guess that was another chef...).

A day before leaving I requested in the reception to arrange a taxi pick up to the airport for the next morning (with the nice receptionist). When I checked out I asked for my taxi. The girl said there was no taxi arranged. She made a phone call and told me that I had only inquired about the fare and had not confirmed any pick up, which was absoulutely not true, as the man had even told me that he would book it 15 mins. before from what I had requested (I hate when hotel staff instead of apologizing put the blame on the guest!). Anyways, I had to wait about 40 minutes for the taxi to finally come, fortunately I had calcuated enough time to catch my flight.

I had left one day my sunglasses in a bag containing books, as it was rainy in Bangalore (usually I pack my valuables in my sealed suitcase, but I was in a hurry). The weather remained so and I forgot about my glasses. Only while packing before leaving did I realized that the glasses were not in this bag anymore. As my suitcased was already full and I had no more time left, I assumed that the glasses would be in there, that I had put them in the suitcase and just forgot. Still, I checked beneath the bed, in the cupboard and in every drower, and my glasses were not there. When I came back to Delhi und unpacked I did not find them, and I assume that the cleaning staff took them from my bag. Now, I realize that it was my own mistake not to lock my valuables, and since I did not made any formal complaint to the hotel I cannot say how they proceed in these situations. Therefore, this should be just a warning to guests just to keep their belongings safe in order to avoid situations like this.

To summarize: The room was ok, the service was nice, but keep your belongings safe and double-check your taxi reservations!

Room Tip: My room, with a window to the road, was quite noisy, perhaps they have other rooms in the backside...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kira S
Mangalore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week between 14.05.2012 and 20.05.2012 and found it to be one of the best hotel in Bangalore. I completely gone with the reviews on this site and found the same in reality what was written by other people.Room was a bit small but cozy and well designed. Staff was also courteous, i can not forget Me Imran and other fellow who belongs to Surathkal Area Mangalore, where i am residing right now.These guys were all helpful during my stay there and made it a memorable stay in Bangalore.

Breakfast was not too impressive, it was same almost all the days but ok since it comes with FREE tag. Wi- Fi was some time excellent and some time down but will run fast if you come down to Reception.

Service is OK but if there is a crowd then it may take time to serve you better. Food quality was good enough and it was mostly north Indian which I Like most.

Overall i will recommend this hotel for family travelers who want to stay in a quality hotel with reasonable price and want good vicinity to some key areas.

Kamlesh Kumar

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was my second trip to Bangalore. I had gone to meet my fiance. Given I was new to the city, I wanted a place that was close to hers as well as centrally located. This hotel had good reviews & rates were also reasonable. The form filling at the time of check-in was extensive though, asked me to fill in my professional details and stuff, but I was happy that the hotel looked professional. The staff at the reception was also good. I checked into the room, was happy with it and went to meet my fiance.

I came back to the hotel in the evening with my fiance, but at the reception there was one Mr. Imran Khan, one of the stupidest guys I have ever met. He stopped me at the reception and started asking me for ID card. I gave it to him, but was unhappy that why didn't he ask for it when I was checking in. The stupidity didn't stop here. He said he needs the card of my fiance too. Now, I was OK with giving my I-Card as the hotel room was booked by me, but I asked him why he needed my fiance's I-Card? He started creating a scene and started speaking in a very impolite and loud tone. I asked him for the hotel rule book which says that I need to produce the I-Card of every person I take into my room, but he was adamant. It started becoming very humiliating as he kept talking to me like I was some suspicious guy. I also asked him that he can send somebody to my room to fetch the card, but he didn't allow me to go to the room.

I wanted to talk to his manager, but he just won't let me talk to anybody and kept insisting that I produce I-Cards. Now, I am very very disappointed by the service of this hotel Not only it has scarred my fiance, It left me with a very sour taste. I have been running from pillar to post to get the contact details of the management of this hotel, but every time I reach the same guy.

Can somebody please help me with the contact details of the management of this hotel? I want to see to it that this Imran is taught a lesson? I would also strongly advise against going to this place if you are planning a trip to this city as this kind of experience can spoil the entire trip and can have lasting impact.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Soumendu G

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I travel Bangalore frequently and need to stay there for 1/2 nights for my work. My company has corporate tie up with them and it has good facilities. The Hotel is centrally located and easy to locate. This is not a typical 2/3 star hotel but a small hotel offering clean rooms. The Hotels looks to be built recently in last 2-3 years and so all rooms are in very good condition. The rooms are comparatively smaller in size but equipped with LCD televisions and good air conditioning.
The reception area is very small and the receptionist look to be lost if you ask them few questions about local transport etc. They are not professionally trained but help you in your need.
The food quality in restaurant is very good. The breakfast menu should be more but it is okay for business travelers for one or two night accommodation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business