“Cave Resort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guhantara

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Guhantara
Ranked #223 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bangalore
“Cave Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

This is a unique cave resort with a pool, indoor game facilities like billiards etc. The resort also offers outdoor recreation activities like kite flying, beach volleyball etc. The bar is impressive and the concept itself is innovative. The food is okay and the resort is a good weekend getaway. The rain dance in particular along with the DJ is pretty good.

• Stayed May 2009
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2009

While browsing for a weekend (Apr 10-11, 2009) outing, I came across Guhantara on some travel site. The information on this page seemed very interesting, and it got be calling the number provided on this site. We were 4 adults and a kid of 1 yr. So we were looking for a toddler/kid-friendly place to spend the weekend.
I called Guhantara and was connected to Mr. Manjunath. I inquired about the types of rooms, availability etc. I specifically mentioned that we were 4 adults and a kid and I wanted 2 rooms. He mentioned that there were only 2 "primitive-type" rooms available and rest were all booked. I asked him about the price and the facilities about this room. He told me that every room in the resort had a sit-out area with a lakeview. When asked about the facilities for kids, he mentioned that there was a swimming pool with a toddler area and a kid-friendly waterfall. He provided the website for Guhantara. I browsed through www.guhantara.com while on call and was impressed with the description and taking the Mr. Manjunath's words at face value, booked 2 rooms. He confirmed that rooms were booked in my name and took down our contact details and the tentative arrival time. When asked about the road condition, he said that the approach road was recently tarred and in good condition. I was very pleased with myself for having found a decent resort in such a short time.
So we drive to Guhantara on the 10th morning. The approach is nowhere being tarred - the first lie. The entire stretch of about 2 km is muddy and uneven. Upon reaching the reception, we are taken by a surprise as we were told that only 1 (one) room was booked by us. When I insisted that there was a mistake and I had booked 2 rooms and had an oral confirmation from Mr. Manjunath, the receptionist, reluctantly connected us to Mr. Manjunath and he would not listen to me and said that I had requested for only one room - the 2nd lie. When I started arguing, the receptionist said that they could give us another room by 4.00 pm. Taking his word for granted and with a cranky 1 yr old (due to heat), we decided to check-in in one room atleast for some time. So they take us to the inside reception, where the rooms are allocated.
While we were waiting for our room to be ready, I asked about the complimentary drink (3rd lie) that Mr. Manjunath had said would be provided upon arrival. We were told that there is no complimentary drink for guests who stay overnight - its only for the day-visit guests.
We got a take a look at the swimming pool which was just outside this place - another shock!! It was the most unhygienic and unkempt pool I have ever seen. I would not even put my toe in such dirty pool - the 4th lie - that the pool was big and clean with a toddler area. The pool is so small that 6-7 people would feel like a crowd and of course, no toddler area.
By this time our room was ready and we are taken to it. Another lie - the "Primitive-type" room which was supposed to have a cave-like ambience actually felt like a dungeon. And of course, there was no sit-out, forget the lake view!!! The room was so dusty, so was the entire resort.
Already dissapointed with the whole episode, my hubby wants to talk with Mr. Manjunath, we ask the reception to connect us to him - we felt like being kept on hold for ages without Mr. Manjunath taking our call. So we decide to use our mobile and there is no signal in the room. So we had to get out of the room, and while finding our way out of the tunnel, we happened to see the "waterfall" that Mr. Manjunath had mentioned. waterfall is again so small that 5-6 people would be a crowd and again it was so dirty that we just went away from there.
After several tries, my hubby is finally able to get through to Mr. Manjunath and this time he is so rude and blatantly says that "your wife" (me) is lying and that I had requested for just 01 room. And his tone and attitude was so rude that we decided to get out of this without wasting another minute in the resort.
We took all our things and went to the reception to let them know that we were moving out and had no plans to stay. The receptionist (Mr. Krishnamurthy) asked us why and we told him what had happened. He insisted that we talk with Manjunath - we told him that we didnot want to spend any more time in such a place and walked out to the comforts of our home.
It is definitely a place that people should be beware of before making any reservations. If you make any room bookings, please insist on a confirmation from them either by email or SMS. Better still, avoid this place, if possible!!!! The place / hotel management is full of lies!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything related to the hotel - most importantly the attitude of the hotel management
  • Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
15 Thank swahki

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

The entrace to Guhantara is impressive and is like entering a cave like the name suggests. The rooms are clean but a bit dark. Also there was a strange stink around the rooms which did not let us enjoy sitting in the sit out.
The facilities include table tennis (just one table - which is too less), pool table, swimming pool, basket ball, throwball, etc.
You can stay for a day and not run out of activities but thats it!
The food is very average and they do not have too many options on the menu.
The one thing we enjoyed was the rain dance. When we went, the place was over crowded and very very nosiy so it was not quite the quiet trip we had envisaged.
I would recommend a day trip to this place.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family