“Keep away from this Hotel”
Review of Woodlands Hotel

Woodlands Hotel
Ranked #291 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I checked in at 6.00 am with my wife and ordered for Coffe and tea and after having our beverage went to bed for a brief nap. The door bell rang and 6.30 and the room service guy was there asking for the flask!!!! I was annoyed as we were tired and hd the "Do NOT DISTURB" sign turned on. The guy said it was the hotel policy to take back the flask after 15 minutes!!!! I have been around the world and no where have I faced this kind of a situation.
Exactly the same situation and same incident at 6.30 PM too, this inspite of me clearly saying that we were not to be bothered and that I will leave the flask outside once we were done. The worst was yet to follow!!. The second time around the bell rang and same question on the flask this AFTER we had left the flask ouside and it was removed!!! What kind of system do they have? The worst was yet to come! This time I called up and was supposed to be connected to the manager who had left for the day, but never got connected. Later I got to speak to the Vice President who was supposed to be staying in the Hotel. He justified the action of their staff though he had no answer as to why room service rang the bell after I had left the flask outside and after it was removed. He promised that no will ring the bell again. Next morning at 6.30 AM the door bell rings and this time the guy asks me if I was checking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This after I had made it very very clear that I was staying for two days!!! And you know what, when I ckecked out, I was charged for the two phone calls that was supposed to be made to the manager of the hotel to whom I was to complain!!! That I never got connected to the manager at all and yet charged for the two calls is adding insult to injury!!! The saving grace was the good food. It was indeed tasty and the best of the lot was the breakfast. I will never go back even if my stay was complimentary or they pay for my trip back and forth. Possibly the worst stay I have ever had all my life!

Room Tip: If I were you, I would never stay in this hotel as the attitude of the room service people and above...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MKAAKM
vpjes, Vice President at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Feedback is often received in the form of complaints, suggestions, praise, advise on how to run the property, comparisons with other hotels that Guests have enjoyed and personal mention of individual employees who have delighted our Guests.
All of the above are brought to the notice of the owner(s) and every effort is made to accommodate each individual Guest's requirements. Over the past five decades, countless Guests have left delighted and become repeat customers. We also have a loyal group of second and third generation customers who delight in the "Woodlands" experience.
It would appear that in this case, we have failed to live up to the expectation of our all important customer. Besides expressing our regret, we will work towards further personalising our services to the continue with our traditional service.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I had attended a reception on 12th February at Krishna hall in Woodlands Richmond circle (next to ramanashree). Needless to say, the food was terrible, Rumali roti was cut into small rolls and 2 rolls were given to each guest. When i asked for more, he gave it with a hesitation. Ice cream slice was cut into 2 and given. Jamuns were over by the time i reached the counter. When asked, he asked me to wait and got some other sweet after 15 mins.

Most horrible part was the spoons, which was not cleaned at all. I had to change 10-12 spoons to get a neat one.

I had decided not to recommend anyone for this hotel at all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank msvariar

We are very pleased that the efforts made by various organisations have led to a general awareness of the need not to waste food. This coupled by the added awareness that excess and ostentatious behaviour are no longer seen as symbols of social standing have increased the number of Guests who wish to join this enlightened strata of society.
While no guest is refused or turned away from a second helping, we do face situations where the Host underestimates the number of Guests expected and certain items run short. However we do make every effort to cover the shortage (as mentioned by the Guest himself) but like everything else, it does take some time.
For our part, we apologise for any short coming as perceived by the Guest. We also firmly pledge to continue to support the efforts of reducing wastage and the problem of excess.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This is a hotel, on the outset appearance looks and takes you way back to the 80's where construction of high rise buildings was the norm and looks didnt matter much.

But, wait till you check in. The amazingly affordable rates will kick right in making you wonder what the rooms must be like?

And when you enter those rooms ? Each room has a fantastic sit out balcony. Huge rooms, i mean H U G E.

Staff at the counter, wonderful. Hotel staff the typical old guys but cheerful and happy.

The toilets in the hotel room, nothing to rave about but, clean and basic, i mean very basic. Colour of the tiles may just put you off, but, the room and service and balcony et all, will make you forget about the loo altogether.

Complimentary breakfast is good, typical south indian dishes, no non veg and not even egg, this may bore you to hell if you are there for a few days, or else, live up and enjoy the space.

Don't forget to take small stroll at the back of this hotel, towards the side to the back early in the morning, you will actually be lost in the enormity of the space and the area that the hotel occupies along with the chill and nip in the air in the morning, making you feel you are at a hill station, not bangalore. I guarantee that. This will also make you relax and take a small stroll after your meal or breakfast.

The hotel itself has a fabulous, VEG ONLY restaurant near the front gate, WOODYS, you have to try out the food there, its amazing and the manager a nice little round and chirpy guy can swear and guarantee every new dish HE INTRODUCES to you, try it out, you wont regret, the guy knows his stuff.

Overall if you get out from here, MG road and all other great places like UB city etc, not even 15 minutes away, infact you can walk it to UB CITY, fabulous place around.

Room Tip: ROOMS at the back of the hotel are quiet, unless there is some construction work nearby. Take these...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Stayed in deluxe non airconditioned.
Nice, v clean room.
Bathroon has a layer of mildew in the bathtub area, has very primitive sealing, mildew on the ceiling. Basin area is very clean and nice. No hand towels.
Restaurant is nice. environment is very nice. secure elevators, electronic room access keys(touch).
Store has old world charm.
Looks like the renovation stopped halfway.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quietkuki
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Woodlands Bangalore is a nice hotel to stay with family if you would rather spend your money on sightseeing and shopping at Bangalore. The hotel is in a prime location, very close to most of the important parts of Bangalore. The reception is warm, service is nice, rooms are large (though the premises have aged). Food is good, a nice ambience in the restaurant and bar. Best part is check in-out is 24 hours so no need to worry on when I will reach and how much extra charge if my flight/train time is not close to check out time. I recommend this as a good budget hotel if the purpose is not to stay in a hotel and enjoy its facilities alone...good for short business and leisure trips

Room Tip: Take a room on a higher floor, their double non AC rooms are good and costs approx INR 2000 per nigh...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family