Book In Advance
Tours from Yours Truly India tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Yours Truly India
from US$ 79.00
More Info
All reviews heritage walk great tour tour guide flower market avenue road cubbon park dosas kr market bull temple bangalore palace vidhana soudha facts culture sights knowledge yoga shopping
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I’ve been coming to Bangalore for many years and had previously done my own touring of places however I along with others in my group were very fortunate that the hotel I choose to stay at (ITC Gardenia Bangalore) had provided this tour (4.5HRS) on behalf of their long term staying guests to visit various local Bangalore city attractions so that guests have an understanding of how the hotel truly attempts to incorporate various parts of the city into their hotel design.

The hotel had hired Sushma as our tour guide and she did a fantastic job of making the experience so enjoyable as we visited the Bull Temple, Remains of Tipu Sultan's summer palace, Sri Chamarajendra Park (Cubbon Park), Bangalore High Court building, Vidhana Soudha, Vikasa Soudhai & Bangalore Palace.

Sushma is a very professional, personable, organized, accommodating, articulate and highly knowledgeable on the history of each of the attractions we visited. Sushma makes it exciting when she adds in the additional stories about an attraction as she is very detailed in her explanations when she needs to be. She explained rituals so that we were all aware of what to do and not to do and answered all our questions throughout the tour. Going on this tour was very enlightening, enjoyable and a truly fulfilling experience all because of Sushma and I would very highly recommend Sushma as a tour guide.

1  Thank Anonymous A
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The city has gone through major growth so to dig out its rich and ancient past with "Yours truly" as my very informative guide was a treat.

1  Thank EdwardY324
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I usually wait until my vacation is over to write reviews. This one deserves my immediate attention. Sushma at Yours Truly India provided a perfect Bangalore cultural experience and a history lesson I will not soon forget.

We hired her for a full day private tour with a driver and AC car. The pre-trip communication was impeccable. I requested a certain set of sites and she replied with a suggested modification and told me how easy it was to do the Bangalore Palace on my way to the airport and save me the cost of an extra taxi and guide. Honest and ethical. What an amazing person.

We wanted a dose of culture, cuisine and history. She hit a home run on all three. Her marketing stresses the cultural side of Bangalore, but her knowledge of history was captivating. She should emphasize this even more. Most guides exaggerate or invent facts. Sushma was the opposite. She was well read, factual and had visual aids on her tablet to help tell the story. We wanted true local cuisine, but were concerned about our ability to handle the local food. She picked the perfect place to give us a palate extravaganza and walk out feeling great. To top it all off, she wrapped up the tour with a cultural experience second to none as we walked the market, old city area and experienced temples with a pro. I felt guilty with her price for a private tour and car. She had water and snacks in the car after each stop. She is a gem and Bangalore is lucky to have her.

1  Thank Profguy
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Four of us did two half-day tours of Old Bangalore and Unusual Walk and they were both great. The tour was well thought out and took us to many offbeat places we normally wouldn’t have gone to. Sushma was a great guide, very personable and well prepared and made us feel comfortable and welcome everywhere we went. I chose her tours based on the good reviews she received as a guide and I can only subscribe to them. Thank you for a wonderful time!

1  Thank karin_romania
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My tour was arranged by the ITC Windsor hotel where I was staying on business. As I was there over a weekend, the hotel offered me a place on this excellent 'Yours Truly' tour with 3 other hotel guests.

The tour included the fascinating Halasuru Someshwara Temple, which is the oldest temple in the city, followed by a trip to the Sri Gurdwara Singh Sabha Sikh temple, where there was the opportunity to make chapatis with the community. Finally we had a guided walk around Cubbon park and the High Court buildings.

The whole experience was a joy, and the interactive elements exceeded what I expected of the tour. Throughout the 4.5 hours, Sushma was a wealth of interesting information and stories, and actively encouraged us all to get involved.

I would highly recommend their tours to anyone.

Rob