“Very Dodgy”

Ranked #331 of 798 Speciality Lodging in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, India
“Very Dodgy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

Totally unprofessional bunch of people playing havoc with a whole range of apartments that have no maintenance. So if you are lucky you may get a good one, if not ... the electronic equipment often does not work (we had a terrible fiasco with the washing machine which they had assured us was 'working' at the time of check-in). Housekeeping has to be called for daily cleaning, or no one bothers. We never tried the breakfast, so wouldn't know about that. The staff is all over the place. No one knows anything. Hence you feel lost in an island of an aprtment where if you lay dead, no one would know for months on end. My advice: don't go by anything the website or the people promise. Check everything thoroughly before you pay (so go with sufficient time at check in) and be resigned that you're getting two air-conditioned bedrooms with two bathrooms (reasonably clean though very tired) for the price you pay. Don't expect much more, certainly not the advantages that the term 'serviced apartment' implies in any global sense.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
ChaletIndia, General Manager at Chalet Diamond, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
Hello,

Greetings from Chalet Group!!!

Thank you for choosing Chalet for your stay. We would like to inform you that we are very clear and upfront we have declared that this is serviced apartments and not a hotel and these are purely in apartment format and not in room format. we recommend this purely for long stays not for short term. We would suggest you to try our other unit Chalet Citadel and experience your stay.

We appreciate your concerns and will be rectified at every level.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2009

This was my second stay at Chalet, Diamond District, off Old Airport Road. Its a good place to stay for a week or more but one would have to take note that it would a shared apartment.

When the bookings are at optimum levels, you might be sharing an apartment with a family which may not appeal to some like myself.

Good facilities, neat & tidy place though.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — shared accomodation
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

All Over
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

I found them while browsing for a place to stay in Bangalore. I stated in my email I will stay for three months and the people seemed very helpful. The day I went there I charged the three months on my credit card. I was then taken to my room. The first few days were fine and without issue. Then I stopped getting the horrible breakfast which comes with the meal. When asked management stated "It is only for short term guests." I then came to my apartment and saw it was not clean. After complaining management explained they have increased number of booking and cannot tend to me right now. I proceeded to ask for a refund but it was not given and was stuck there. WORD OF ADVICE. PAY THESE PEOPLE BY THE DAY. DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY AHEAD OF TIME. They also have other serviced apartments in Bangalore such as Chalet Tulips and others. Beware of this company CHALET!!!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Everything but the location
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

cochin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2008

Its a nice ambience. Very functional and one feels at home truly here.

• Liked — Its a place with a lot of privacy
  • Disliked — its a little lonely
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

Hi Everybody,

I stayed with Chalet Serviced Apartments it was simply superb.
i stayed their for about 22 dyas the service was excellent. The front office people were very kind for anything we call they used to full fill our request. The breakfast they offered was great. The cleaning was good. I just dint had any problem in my whole my stay.

I would definetly recomend this place to all business travellers who can feel the comfort of home.

• Liked — Service and Quality
  • Disliked — The Lifts
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business