“Very bad experience”

Hotel Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar
Ranked #122 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off I was shown a smoking room although I requested a non-smoking room. I immediately requested change and was given a new room.

The room had a problem with the flush in the toilet. You have to move it sideways instead of up and down to make it work.

Although I got the WiFi code immediately it took a while to make it work. The staff is very complacent. They won't acknowledge your presence. Just ignores you. During breakfast, I had to ask for a seat. They are diligent in knowing your room number. But not diligent in serving coffee/tea or other food.

Several instances where I have to ask them to pick up laundry, ask for hand towels. They just gave one or two big towels and no hand towels.

The WiFi was flaky. I had a conference call one day and I checked with them on usage of the phone. Apparently one cannot use the phone for external toll free numbers. You will get charged.

While getting on and off the elevators, the staff does not want to wait for the customers. They compete with the customers.

There is just one plug point in the room. I had 4 devices - 2 phones and one tablet and one laptop. With a lot of difficulty got an extension cord. Then they asked it back after two days!!! My stay was for full 7 days.

Overall very bad experience. Only convenience for me was the location of this place for other activities.

Room Tip: Good for just staying and shopping. DOn't count on conf calls, multiple devices reliable WiFi i...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel for three days on a personal visit with family. We stayed in the first floor. The rooms are a bit smaller, yet sufficient for a small stay. I would have given five stars, but for the following:
1) floor swabbing : this certainly needs an eye from supervisor. The person does not seem to change water resulting in the dirty water being “ recycled “ and the dirt remains stuck to the floor, giving a temporary feel of being “ swabbed”. You will know this when you don’t use your slippers !

2) the guests in the hotel certainly need hand towels, if not face towels in the lodge

3) boys in the restaurant: some of the restaurant boys need to be trained on avoiding touching their hair / scratching the skin and the like ! Can the management give them shower caps for a few days !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Previous experience at this hotel was average, but this time around it was bad.

I checked in on 27th Ot and wanted to check out on 29th. Since the hotel works on 24 hour checkout policy, my scheduled time of checkout was 9:00 AM. Since I had an evening flight, I had requested the modalities of a check-out around 1:30 PM. I made three requests to the reception manager since 10 AM on 28th itself and was assured I will be informed whether my request for a 1:30 PM check out by paying half a day's rent extra in "30 minutes". I was travelling with little kids and wanted the confirmation by 28th so that I could plan accordingly. I requested for an update even on 28th night, but was told.. "sir, we will work something out".

On 29th morning, when I followed up again, i was asked "are you not checking out now?" I was shocked... I offered to pay half a day's tariff for a 4 hour late check out but was very rudely told to pay a day's rent or get out.

I felt very very let down and totally taken aback by such obnoxious behaviour

If there were a competition for hotel staff on "how not to treat your guests", I guess Pai Viceroy Jayanagar front desk staff would in it hands down.

Room Tip: All rooms are tiny and cramped... take your pick.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
SunilBM, General Manager at Hotel Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Kesavan,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge the receipt of your feedback.

I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Hotel Pai Viceroy.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced. We at Pai Viceroy always try to give value for money and the staff are trained and briefed to care of the guests. I will personally look into the issue and will take severe actions and we will ensure this will not be repeated in future. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflections of our normal services.

Sunil B.M

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Visited Bengaluru in Sept 2017 on the way to Tirupati.Were looking for a decent accomodation near RGUHS and found this place very convenient. Booked a room directly thru the hotel as we wanted a Sunrise check in .The hotel management cooperated with us and alloted a room within 1 hr of our arrival till that time gave us a sort of waiting room with a washroom .Also availed the complimentary Breakfast mostly South Indian dishes but reasonably decent and in plenty except that the restaurant is cramped.
Room was decent could have been spacious.Also provided us with extra cot and mattress.
Room service was prompt.
Check in and check out was smooth.
USP of this place is its ideal location and easily availability of cabs etc and 24 hrs check in (Direct booking).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations.

Your feedback is most valuable to us. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly improve our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better service.

We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Pai Viceroy.

Sunil B M

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Check-in is very smooth and receptionists are very co operative staff, staffs are very cool. Location is in the centre of the city, food was very good. Rooms are well maintained and comfortable, totally awesome experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar!!!!!!!!!

We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Pai Viceroy.

Sunil B M