“Well maintained hotel in a great location”

Hotel Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar
Ranked #130 of 729 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Stayed here multiple times for a minimum 3 nights. Super helpful staff, good restraurant with a decent breakfast and the location is great for all activities. Rooms are clean, love the patio type windows.

Stayed: May 2016
SunilBM, General Manager at Hotel Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Greetings from Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations.

Your feedback is most valuable to us. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly improve our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better service.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Checked in on April 4th and will be checking out on April 7th. I am a business traveler and need access to WIFI to check and send emails from my laptop. After checking in called the reception for WIFI login details. The manager said it is already sent to my mobile. I checked the mobile and said I have not received it, gave him my mobile number again and asked him to resend. After 30 minutes since I still did not receive the login, went down to the reception and asked him to give the login details in person. While at the reception I heard the manager talking to another customer, who was also complaining he did not receive wifi login details. I tried connecting using the login details provided to me and it did not work. I gave up and tried the next day and it still did not work. Called reception and asked for login details again, said he will send to my mobile and after 4 hours I have still not received it. I ended up using my data plan on the mobile phone to check emails.

Room Tip: Ensure to make WIFI access much easier. Current process is horrible.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
SunilBM, General Manager at Hotel Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge the receipt of your feedback.

I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Hotel Pai Viceroy.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced. We have recently upgraded our WiFi access system and the above issue is resolved. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflections of our normal services.

Sunil B.M

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Whenever I visit bangalore I prefer to stay in hotel pai viceroy very affordable, neat and clean hotel. The house keeping team does the things very fast and prompt work!!!!! I would like to recommend this hotel to all family lovers

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ganesh N

Reviewed 16 March 2017

In Jayanagar, Pai Viceroy is a good name. Food is very good but the restarant is small in capacity & very antiquated. It reminds you of old Kamat hotel AC Halls. There are good chances that your guest will feel that you are on budget. Lot can be done.

Room Tip: Took few guests for lunch. Luckily, food was good.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Greetings from Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent dining experience and we have met your expectations.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Lets start with the positives
1. Fantastic location. Right in the heart of the city.
2. Reasonable sized rooms with reasonable bed and amenities
3. Quick check-in and Check-outs.
4. Senior staff are well mannered.

Negatives:

1. Small or no lobby...You hit the entrance and the check-in counter and take the lift to your floor.There is at best a worn out sofa and a magazine stand.
2. Small hotel with limited rooms.
3. Rooms were smelly, stale and musty. I had to switch off the AC and keep the windows open right out thru the night to keep out the bad odour.
4. The dining hall is small and cramped. The breakfast spread is sparse and limited. They serve only vegeterian and mostly south indian food. The north indian serve is so terrible that I think they are better advised not to provide it at all.
5. They do get non vegeterian food from their another group hotel, but they serve it only as room service. By the time they serve it, it becomes cold. And the quality was really really bad.
6. The waiters, except for Venkatesh, are ill trained, rude, indifferent and slow. They would bunch up in one corner and talk amongst themselves. They will neither clean up the 5-6 tables that they have in the dining hall nor refill the food which as it is not kept on food warmer unless they are told.

Overall, the hotel is small, old and seems to be better off as a venue for marriages and birthdays....North Indians and Non- vegetarians are better advised to stay away.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
SunilBM, General Manager at Hotel Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge the receipt of your feedback.

I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Hotel Pai Viceroy and we will try to improve the above mentioned points.

Sunil B.M