Stayed in this hotel during my visit to Leh this august during the period of floods for two days. The biggest positive for this hotel is that it is close to the city center and it's a short walk for shopping, etc. However, I particularly didn't like the hotel for the following reasons:
1) It has two wings - an old and a new one. The old one is supposed to be not very good so we made sure we stayed in the new wing. The room we were given in the new wing also had a strange smell and we had t request to change it.
2) the rooms are a bit cramped but inconsequential if you are using the hotel only for sleeping
3) The biggest irritant in the hotel was dogs barking in the nights. On both the nights, we were not able to sleep because of these dogs. Don't know whether they were roaming in the nearby area or in the hotel compound itself but it definitely had an impact on my impression about the hotel.
All-in-all, you may wish to avoid if there are other options available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Oldest Hotels in Leh with modernized rooms, a multi cuisine restaurant, 24 hrs hot running water & one the best gardens in the town. Singge Palace promises you a comfortable stay in the heart of the town, you want to get to the market, well, stroll for less than a minute & you're there!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Hotel Singge Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Singge Palace Leh, Ladakh