All reviews shanti stupa traditional touch hotel is located spacious rooms food quality leh town hustle bustle ladakh mountains market mr kms monasteries driver lawn vehicle
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2019

After checking out the local travel agencies in Leh, Ladakh regarding their travel itineraries and prices to Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso, and the Sham Valley and its majestic monasteries, I took the advice of a friend back in Virginia who was from Delhi who suggested I should get in touch with a Mr. Lobzang Rinchen of the Druk Ladakh Hotel. She told me he would be invaluable in helping me organize my trip through Ladakh. I'm certainly glad I listened to her! Over dinner with Lobzang at his hotel, he was instrumental in organizing my travel plans and offered me a much better price than the travel agencies in Leh. I stayed a total of 4 nights at the Druk Ladakh, which is beautifully situated close to the Shanti Stupa. The hotel has large comfortable rooms, plenty of hot water for the shower, a nice seating area to read or watch television on a flat-screen, as well as an excellent restaurant. The staff was exceedingly polite and everyone, including the generel manager, Mr. Tashi Tonldan, went out of their way to ensure my stay was a memorable one. And my driver, Mr.Tashi Tsering, was not only skilled behind the wheel and showed me more of Ladakh than I had ever hoped, was also an excellent traveling companion and became a good friend as the trip went on. My extreme appreciation to everyone at the Druk Ladakh for making my trip a fantastic experience.

Reviewed 28 August 2019

We had a family trip into Ladakh and choose The Druk in Leh. Amazing hospitality, great clean rooms and above all amazing food and service. We order and there it comes. I must say a huge thanks to the entire hotel staff and in particular to Tashi Tonldan. Brilliant manager and absolutely helpful. The hotel is located a bit away from the busy leh market but very close to Shanti Stupa. I recommend this hotel and its amazing service and hospitality to one and all....

Reviewed 9 August 2019

Far from market ,free from hustle ..Nearer to shanti stupa..Shanti stupa can be viewd from the rooms..Road going towards shanti stupa passes from the gate of the hotel..View from all room awesome..Food quality very good...Staff cooperative..Enjoyed our stay..Can reach bike rentals and market within around 1.5 kms..There is no proper public transport available in leh..If you do not have vehicle taxi costs a lot everytime.

Date of stay: July 2019
thedrukladakh09, Guest Relations Manager at The Druk Ladakh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2019

Dear Sir,

Greeting from The Druk Ladakh!!!

We would like to thank you for your time to review our property.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and enjoyed the services we have provided.

Serving our guests with the best of our services is our aim and we will improve on our services to create a memorable vacation to our guests.

We hope you choose our property for your next visit to Ladakh.

Warm Regards

Phuntsog (Mr)

Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 August 2019

Food was reasonable, stay were attentive. Truly amazing was Tashi at the front office, he was par excellence, par perfection and performed beyond the call of duty and and beyond our expectation. His dedication to work, attention to detail were beyond belief and way ahead of any experience we have had in our world travels ! I would go back again to experience this amazing individual working his magic

Room tip: The rooms are well placed so there is differential
Reviewed 3 August 2019

I have stayed for 5 nights . I will write Pros & Cons

Cons :

- Its far from the market Nothing is the walking vicinity.
- Food is super costly inside the Hotel and its pathetic .
- Room is okay type .
- Never take any trip or Car from the Hotel they will charge you a hell lot extra than the market .
- Room has a pungent smell.
- Forget about internet connection though they will give you the wi fi password but it will never work.

Pro:

- There is only one which is the view of shanti stupa and the mountain.

Conclusion :

Better chose another hotel which is in Changspa road or in the market . Its a pathetic hotel with pathetic staff Specially MR. TASHI who claims to be a travel agent of Hotel .

PLEASE AVOID AT ANY COST .

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr Manu Rajan,

Greetings from The Druk Ladakh!!

We thank you for your time for reviewing our property in a short yet descriptive manner. We would like to state here a few points in response to your review;

- Its far from the market Nothing is the walking vicinity.

- Food is super costly inside the Hotel and its pathetic .

1. We received your reservation from Make My Trip on the 10th of July 2019 for the same date for a one night stay.We believe you must have gone through every details about the hotel including its location, tariff , etc

2. You arrived in the morning and during the day you inquired if we had any rooms available for you and your family for the next 6 – 7 days. We had rooms available hence you and your family decided to stay for the next day.

3. On 14th July 2019 you re-check in for two nights after your trip from Nubra, Pangong and re check in again on 17th July 2019 for the last time after which you check out on 18th July 2019.

In regards to the points mentioned above, we would like to understand why the problems you had with your rooms, food and the rates of the vehicle not mentioned to us during your stay so that we could look into the matter professionally. And in spite of the many problems you had with our services you stayed with us for 5 nights.

On the First night Mr Tashi sat with your family planning your trip for the next few days.

Where the dates, destinations, and the cost of transportation were discussed thoroughly. Though you were bargaining with the price which he quoted but the price quoted was final from our side. Even though the quotation was open from our side so that you can discuss with your family and your known people who travelled earlier regarding the price. As soon as we got the confirmation from your side we arranged your travel.If there was any extra or high cost quoted from our side you would not have accepted our quotation at all.

The quotation which we offered was not a single paisa higher than what is there in the "taxi union Leh Tariff" booklet which you can verify from the link https://www.ladakhtaxiunion.com/contact.html and you have your invoice which provided you.For your convenience we can upload the invoice here.

MR. TASHI who claims to be a travel agent of Hotel . He charged 5k extra from the normal rate for Nubra , pangong Tso and Tsomuriri .

The taxi fares that you mentioned that Mr Tashi who is our travel manager had over charged you of an excess amount of Rs. 5000/- we would like you to have a look into the rates charged by our Taxi Union with the rates that was charged to you and compare them to get a better understanding.

For 3 different trips which are as follow; Leh local sightseeing,Leh-Nubra - Pangong- Leh, Leh-Tsomoriri-Leh you discussed three times regarding the price of tour after each tour, 12th July local sightseeing just after the trip you Inquired about the Nubra-Pangong trip as always Mr Tashi gave the details including the cost of trip where he specially told you that "if you could find a better option" you can always go for it. Late night you confirmed it so we arranged it.After that trip you asked us to arrange the trip for Tsomoriri lake as well keeping a day for rest in between.

After completing all the trip during the feedback time you appreciated our service and there was not a single complain from your side.

We have never received any complaints on Mr Tashi for over charging our guests in the many years that he has been with our organisation.

As for the internet connectivity we provide both the networks that are available in the entire Ladakh (BSNL and Airtel) Again you never mentioned about the "no internet service" during your stay, since there were other guests as well who did not have any issue with it. However, we would like to note that we do provide the facility at all to our clients without charge.

However, we do hope that to see you in our property in the future if ever you decide to visit Ladakh again with your family.

Warm regards