“Wonderful owner/host, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Smanla Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leh
Smanla Guest House
Ranked #84 of 187 Leh B&B and Inns
Portland
“Wonderful owner/host, great location”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We spent five nights with Tsewang,the owner of this guest house. He arranged a fabulous two day excursion to Yamaluru and where his brother-in-law was our guide for tours to the monasteries. Tsewang's personal attention and kindness helped to make our stay there a fabulous one. No matter what time we woke up (and it was often very, very early due to jet lag), he had tea waiting for us on the rooftop patio. We spent many hours just chatting with him about his family history and it was a very emotional experience when it was time to say goodbye. I would highly recommend this guesthouse for those wanting a smaller, more intimate location and one of the most incredible hosts we have ever encountered on our world travels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Reviewed 11 May 2011

that was my first visit to Tibet and i had no idea what to expect. I knew for sure that besides leisure & culture, my friends and me were interested in experiencing Tibetian medicine. We were so lucky to meet Tsewang Smanla - an experinced amchi (doctor) in the 6-th generation of doctors who runs his guesthouse in Leh. The guest house itself is very cute & welcoming . Doctor travels a lot to Europe for treating people, that is why the GH is close to european fine standard. It has all necessary facilities as hot water showers, clean and fresh badshits and towels, etc. and even more - splendid terrace with gorgeous mountain & monastery view. The GH stands a bit up the road, i.e. it is not crowded by other guest houses as down town. It takes 10 mins easy walk down the town center. But the main treasure here is Amchi Tsewang himself, as he cares very much abt his guests and helps to organize whatever you want to experience. He is well-know person in Leh, and this makes things easy. Tsewang served special tibetian herb teas for health improvement for us and even food was chosen as healthy one as well. I was also possible to get diagnostics and have medicine & recommendations those i took back home. Besides it was a great pleasure, after some trekking or walks have an evening placid talk to an intelligent and kind man, watching down the sunset and drinking herbal tea. I met there people from different countries who were visiting the GH not for the first time, and now I know why they were back. I'll be back as well.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jajechka
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 February 2011

I stayed in Smanla guest house only for 3 days during my business travel as translator with on of my client..
It was just awesome experince.. Wonderful rooftop cafe, rooms are cosy and clean and the best part was to meet the owner of the guest house. Thanks to doctor Tsewang for a great time and knowledge about the tibetan medicine. I definitely will be back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business