Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews royal dining room traditional ladakhi style bedroom villa longer stay apricot trees bagh vijay mountains property wifi momos snow hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2022 via mobile

Is a lovely location and fabulous view. We stayed in the royal suite which is at the top of the palace. Considering the price charged for the rooms, service could have been better. Struggled with water pressure and hot water supply. Breakfast was included in the fare but was very minimal. We were the only guests in the hotel so they could have put in some more effort in providing better food options etc.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2022

Perfect for you if you're looking for a quiet, gorgeous place to relax and feel the calm and culture of Ladakh.
An incredible place that seems to be still 'under-discovered'. Magnificient view and the rooms are reminders of a vintage era. A lovely museum and also a prayer is attached where we got to have a talk with the resident monk.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 28 May 2022 via mobile

A very warm and cozy place .Food , was very nice , the rooms were so good and a perfect place for a family.Extremely caring and hospitable staff .This is just not for writing, but actually we experienced every bit of their hospitality, as we were there for 4 days .Also the ambience, the serenity of the place is so calming and soothing.
It felt like home away from home .

Room tip: To enjoy your trip please ,rest for at least 36 to 48 hours by the watch .Drink plenty of water and avoid heavy and walk slowly.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

On my first visit to Ladakh I decided to stay at Stok Palace Heritage Hotel. It was the best decision I made. It is a beautiful and updated hotel. Staff is attentive and caring. Every single person working here puts their heart into doing their best. My plan was to stay there for 2-3 nights but I ended up staying there for 8 days because I felt completely at home. The food at the hotel was amazing. I had an opportunity to have Ladakhi meal at the palace as well. The best part is its location. Stok is a small village where you get to visit houses and learn about Ladakhi culture. People are very welcoming. Unlike staying in the city hotel, at Stok you feel connected to nature. Go ahead and book your stay here to have the best experience.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2021

My husband and I stayed at Stok Palace Heritage Hotel for 2 nights, and really loved our stay there.

It’s a 6-room functioning Ladakhi palace that the royal family still uses. Please note that it is a traditional Ladakhi palace and home set in the mountains, not a modern day over the top luxurious palace set in a big city. If you’re expecting a Taj or Oberoi kind of luxury experience, this is not the place for you. If you are openminded, understand that Ladakh is the remotest part of India and still has infrastructure challenges, then this is the place for you.

We stayed in the heritage suite (one of four), which was really spacious, clean, and furnished in the traditional Ladakhi style. (As background, I've been traveling in Ladakh since the past 17 years, and have mostly stayed with local families. I am always looking for a traditional Ladakhi experience, and was not super excited when my husband booked an expensive boutique hotel, but Stok Palace gave me the traditional experience I was looking for).

The bathroom was spacious and clean, and had hot water after letting the water run for 3 minutes, exactly as Vinay informed us when we checked in.

Vinay and Vijay were both super accessible and helpful the entire time that we were there, and they made our stay very comfortable (from giving us toilet paper when we asked for it, to refilling our water frequently, to ensuring we got what we wanted at breakfast, to booking cars for us).

Stok Palace hotel is in a beautiful location, and has amazing views of the mountains and Leh / Choglamsar. You can just sit outdoors and enjoy the views while sipping on tea and chomping on freshly fried pakoras!

We really enjoyed our breakfasts at the hotel – Vinay would ask us what we wanted the night before, and we ended up being spoilt with amazing masala omelet with toast, puri and chana, Ladakhi bread, apricot jam, gur gur chai (Ladakhi butter tea), and aloo parathas split across our two days.

We also ate two lunches at the hotel – grilled chicken and veggie sandwiches with fries on the first day, and grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies at the Chulli Bagh property the next day. Both super delicious!

We also had dinner at the hotel one night. It was a multi course Ladakhi meal with barley soup, thukpa, momos, different sauces / salsas, and other traditional Ladakhi food like chhu tagi (Ladakhi pasta cooked with meat, or potatoes and carrots). If you understand that Ladakhi food is more influenced by Tibet than India, and is not spicy, you will love this food. We certainly did. The dining room where we ate our dinner was really ornate, and beautiful, and exactly like the dining rooms of Ladakhi family homes, although obviously more luxurious since this is a palace.

I would highly recommend a stay at Stok Palace Hotel if you’re looking for a traditional but upmarket experience, and are openminded to the constraints of Ladakh! If you’re fussy and demanding, this is not the place for you!

PS: The hotel does not have wifi - we were warned of this before we paid. They do have a wifi dongle that can be used in the common areas, but we did not use it.

Date of stay: September 2021