2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$73
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
All reviews the owner close to the airport superb experience decent property clean property running hot water leh airport main market travel agent delicious food memorable stay hotel staff hotel is located basic amenities visited leh very comfortable stay great hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2022

I had a good experience at the hotel kaal. The rooms were very clean , and the staff at the property are all incredibly helpful and generous with their time and advice. Specific appreciation to Stanzin sonam for his humbleness.
Thanks for making our visit to leh so much better.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2022

We went for a week-long tour in May 2022 and our itinerary in Leh, Nubra, Pangong Tso, and Tso Moriri was set with The Kaal and we had the best of times. Never faced any delays, and the service was top-notch. The staff was quick to smile and help. The view is great, with a cozy cottage-like feeling. Ladakh is a beautiful place with beautiful people, I hope it stays like that forever. Definitely plan to visit again, and will again book with The Kaal.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 24 April 2022 via mobile

Where to start I am highly impressed with the kind of service I received from starting to end of my trip to Leh. Food excellent, accommodation excellent and travelling around leh with the taxi services provided excellent. Must recommended.
Proper timing for heater was informed at the time of checkin and everything was conveyed beforehand to avoid any misunderstanding.

A detailed review I will try and share on my YouTube channel.

Sakshi Dwivedi
Sowhatsuptoday
Travel and food influencer

Room tip: Discuss and share your preference with the owner so they can guide you accordingly
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2022

After landing leh we planned to immediately travel to Nubra valley via Khardungla which is definitely a stupid idea, as one needs to acclamatize at least for a day. But as the weather got worse we had to come back rushing to leh from Khardungla pass in a few hours only.

We checked in at The kaal and were greeted by Mr Stenzil who was a lovely man and seeing our ill managed touristic plan immediately gave us a room to check in.

The room was very cozy, clean, with clean bathrooms and the quilts were warm exactly as required.

Considering my detoriating health because of my not so heroic act of travelling to Much higher altitudes just after landing Leh and without getting acclamatized, I really wanted a hot shower bath but there was no electricity in Leh at the time of checkin. Mr Stenzil on seeing my worsening condition arranged his team to heat the boilers with burning woodenlogs and after a long shower only I could breath and feel normal.

“Acclamatization if not done properly can cause serious health concerns and it can be difficult to bring you back to base sometimes so please don’t try that risk and listen to locals.”

Would highly recommend stay.

In such high mountains a clean property with a good service is exceptional and I would definitely stay here next time.

Also the plus part that the hotel gave us many hot water bags to keep us warm as there was no electricity.

They did not make us sleep in the cold and that is all required from a hotel in such extreme conditions.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kunal J
Reviewed 3 October 2021

I went to Ladakh with my family and booked the complete package through Stanzin (owner of The Kaal hotel). I would like to mention that things were delivered over what was promised. Hotel Kaal is very close to airport and is a very decent property with picturesque views. Food is also amazing with good variety. Rooms are neat and clean. Only con is it's service sometimes gets delayed but it is manageable. In this price segment I believe it is one of the best. Highly recommended to book complete package through The Kaal hotel and get the best deal.

Date of stay: September 2021