“below average hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Shah Abbas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Srinagar
Hotel Shah Abbas
Ranked #103 of 128 Hotels in Srinagar
New Delhi, India
“below average hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

the hotel is not that clean...location is excellent,that is the best part.rest everything is average

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank vohra_raghav
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2010

Shah Abbas Hotel on boulevard road in Srinagar offers you a breathtaking view of Dal Lake.
With Shankaracharya Hill in its backdrop, the location is simply superb.
The market nearby would has shops which sell Kashmiri art and handicrafts - a souvenir from the valley, a tourist must take on his way back.
The food is fantastic, with varied choice for veg and non-veg lovers alike - Kashmiri cuisine would surely make your taste buds tickle, and Kehwa (the sweet herbal brew) would calm your mind and make you think that the place is definitely a paradise on earth.

• Liked — The view of Dal Lake and its location - all tourist spots are easily accessible from where this hotel is located
  • Disliked — The rooms were very cozy
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Singularity_Kerr
bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2009

oct 2009
Horrible
we had really terrible exp. in shah Abbas hotel.Room service is too bad.Hot water was not coming.after calling to room service they were not giving proper answer.For better room service we had booked honeymoon suite.But they didn't give toilet paper,drinking water,napkin ,towel.For everything we used to call there.We went to shrinagar for 8 days but we just ran away from this hotel in 2 days.
while leaving this hotel we had complained to reception but they were just shameless.He told us we made mistake & this happens sometimes.They didn't felt anything that we r paying so much & we r receiving these answers.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank catwomanBangalore

Travellers are raving about these Srinagar hotels

Cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

I pre-booked this hotel and stayed for five nights. The room was nice and big with a fantastic view over the houseboats on Dal Lake. However the bathroom was third world and was really filthy. The dirt was encased on the walls and it looked like it had never been cleaned properly. When I arrived there was a massive dirty industrial looking bucket in the bath. The taps on the sink were falling off. For the five nights that I was there my towels were never changed and when I asked for fresh ones at the desk, the staff looked at me as if I was crazy. The shower was erratic, while i was there it came on twice by itself and flooded the bathroom.

The staff were very pleasant at all times. However one of the staff members was very inappropriate and knocked at my door late in the evening insisting that I look at his face and beckoning me to lean close to him. As a female I felt very threatened by this inappropriate behaviour and was thankful that the door could be bolted securely from the inside of the hotel room for safety. (European women are not safe in Kashmir and I felt threatened daily and had inappropriate advances made daily - very frightening).

The food in the hotel was lovely however there was a very peculiar smell in the restaurant. (I think this might have been leaking gas from the ovens). One morning the restaurant was closed and a staffmember served me my breakfast in my room which was on the third floor. I could smell a really strong overpowering smell of gas but the staffmember laughed this off when I asked if perhaps the hotel should be evacuated.

Later when I met with colleagues from Srinagar, I was very surprised to learn that this was considered one of the better hotels in Srinagar. I would give this hotel an overall rating of three out of five. The room itself was great with a great view but the bathroom and smell in the hotel was appalling.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Tess28
Thane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

We had been to Srinagar in May 09 and stayed in Shah Abbas hotel for 2 nights. The hotel room are clean and comfy. It offers good view of Dal lake and houseboats.

Near to Market and shopping. The room is comfortable big and service is good. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — elevator is slow
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled with family