JetPrivilege membership: 100380755
I visited this place in the first week of Dec. 2009. We were 4 of us. Basically, we reached Srinagar from Gulmarg around 6 in the evening and it was very cold and dint get much time to see other hotels though we did see a few of them but liked this hotel. We booked 2 rooms @ INR 800 each (being off season time, we negotiated for this price) (rate card as such is the same what is there on their hotel site as well). We stayed in the deluxe rooms (deluxe rooms as compared to the economy rooms were little bigger and also had slightly bigger bathrooms).
Important points to note about this hotel -
1. The hotel says its pure veg. but when we spoke to a few cooks there, they do make non.veg food for themselves in the same kitchen. But they do not serve non veg food to any guests. The vegetarians should definitely think about this.
2. They dint have authentic gujarati food as such. (compared to what they say). But yes the food is otherwise simple plain indian food. The food served was ok.
3. There is no heater in the room. But there are electric blankets on the beds which was really good.
4. Geyser is present in the bathroom but the control seemed to be at the reception!!!
5. The car rates offered by the hotel were much higher than what you get outside. We stayed for 4 nights but the hotel dint give us any concession even for airport drop cab rates.
Overall experience was satisfactory subject to what is stated above. My say would be one should explore hotels near Nehru Park at Dal gate road as there are many hotels on that road and also there are a large no. of vegetarian restaurants on that road.
All the best !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, OYO Rooms, ClearTrip, Agoda and Yatra so you can book your Hotel New Mamta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel New Mamta Srinagar, Kashmir