“excellant service”

Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Srinagar
Kolkata, India
“excellant service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

The staffs of Hotel Akbar are excellant...they even cooked chicken tandoori for my little daughter who didnot have the gravy chicken at dinner. Although we were in package tour, they didnot charge extra for that...the management also very active.. thanks

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SoumenDas
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Hotel Akbar's management was very good since they accomodated us when we had to come back from Gulmarg which was closed due to the 'ponywallah's strike'. However, inspite of the fact that our trip was all paid, we were asked to pay Rs. 700 by Mr. Feroze for going from the hotel to the houseboat in Nagina lake which is only about 2 or 3 km away. Our package was for three people and we were told that an extra bed would be provided and we were charged for it also but the sofa in the room was converted into a bed by putting a besheet, blanket and pillow on it - this also is not acceptable. The waiters also expect huge tips from the guests which is also not nice. Hot water to the rooms is a problem since no specific time is adhered to and very unreliable. Food and service is very good - however, if you go late even within the specified times you will not like it very much.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank MI4GhostPro
Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

We had a comfortable & memorable stay at Akbar Hotel.The staff of the hotel & Mr.zaffer were very kind & hospitable and took personal care of us.The hotel is situated on the banks of the Dal Lake and enjoys proximity to all shopping. My husband was sick on the morning we were to leave. and at 8.30 a.m,all the medical shops near the hotel were open which was a blessing!At night, we took walks around the lawns of the hotel itself.We had an unforgettable experience for 1 night at the Houseboat arranged by Mr.Zaffer.The drivers of the cars arranged for us were all very courteous, good guides & spoke good English.Thanks to ITDC & Mr.Zaffer,we had a safe & fantastic trip to Kashmir & back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Latha S
Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My dream of visiting the Paradise on Earth has finally come true. Thanks to the excellent arrangements made by Mr.Zafar and his team of most kind and hospitable staff of Akbar Hotel. they made our stay extremely comfortable and it was a home away from home. My friends and I visited Kashmir for 7 days and 6 nights. We enjoyed the food here and they took so much care to see that we were also served our traditional cuisine as well.I also loved the Kahwa tea they served. In fact, when I made the bookings, I was not sure whether I would get rooms here and also the boat house for a night. But Mr.Zafar put in his best efforts and not only got us the rooms at the Akbar Hotel for all the days but also gave us the wonderful expereince of a night's stay at the Boat house which was really unforgetable. I would certainly recomment this hotel to all my friends who wants to visit Kashmir and I am sure that they will also have a most pleasurable experience with the best facilities.

Pramila Chidambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Room Tip: Express you preference to the front desk so they could help you out the best they can.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Pramila C
Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Akbar Hotel is a nice suite for whom travailing to Kashmir. Good service very friendly and homely staff.
I Have booked total 06 night and 5 days tour from Hotel akabar .Situated at Dalgate1,View of Dallake from Hotel is very pleasant one can take shikara from hotel and enjoy the beauty of Dal lake.
Hotel is very good with Centrally situated Garden. In April one can enjoy blossom season at hotel garden with variety of flower.
I am little afraid as I am travailing along with my old age parents and little niece but ones I arrived at shrinager fear was almost vanish after meeting our pick up cab driver Ismaile.He is very friendly and had very good knowledge about culture and heritage of kashmir.
I am pleased by the hotel staff as they provided special shikara to my old age parents till hotel gate.
We provided a very good garden facing family room as we all want to stay together. Roomes are very spacious with 21” LCD TV.
Its a rainy day so temp. is bit low quite enough to shiver Mumbai people. Faruq a very friendly and helping staff member from hotel ,provided us hot Bages and hitter to make room warm .
From second day our actual tour is started hotel provided us a chevrolet Tavera vehical.Mr.Ashraf is our Guide and Driver a well educated and well behaved person I ever meet.End of the tour he became like a family for us.He take very personal care of my parents and introduce us with kashmiri cusine Gustaba take us to the most exotic destination like Pahlgam,Sonamarg and Gulmarg
Customer Service was excellent. Mr. Firoz,Rohit Reddy and Hasan at reception did whatever he could in order to make the stay pleasant.
I would definately recommend this to all types of travellers who visited shrinager. It has a friendly atmosphere, the breakfast,Dinner is really good, the staff are helpful and also the owner(Mr.Zaffer) is very down to earth .
Since I was travelling with Old age parents, they always helped and suggested the right places to go.My Parents and niece are to pleased by the staff that they still miss everybody.
I would definately return back to this hotel in the near future. Its a visting like second home in shrinager and will recommend all my friends to visit these hotels.

Room Tip: Garden Facing Roomes are Excellant
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family