“Kashmir is truly a paradise on Earth.”
Review of Hotel Akbar

Hotel Akbar
Ranked #29 of 135 Hotels in Srinagar
Chennai
“Kashmir is truly a paradise on Earth.”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We had a comfortable & memorable stay at Akbar Hotel.The staff of the hotel & Mr.zaffer were very kind & hospitable and took personal care of us.The hotel is situated on the banks of the Dal Lake and enjoys proximity to all shopping. My husband was sick on the morning we were to leave. and at 8.30 a.m,all the medical shops near the hotel were open which was a blessing!At night, we took walks around the lawns of the hotel itself.We had an unforgettable experience for 1 night at the Houseboat arranged by Mr.Zaffer.The drivers of the cars arranged for us were all very courteous, good guides & spoke good English.Thanks to ITDC & Mr.Zaffer,we had a safe & fantastic trip to Kashmir & back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Latha S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My dream of visiting the Paradise on Earth has finally come true. Thanks to the excellent arrangements made by Mr.Zafar and his team of most kind and hospitable staff of Akbar Hotel. they made our stay extremely comfortable and it was a home away from home. My friends and I visited Kashmir for 7 days and 6 nights. We enjoyed the food here and they took so much care to see that we were also served our traditional cuisine as well.I also loved the Kahwa tea they served. In fact, when I made the bookings, I was not sure whether I would get rooms here and also the boat house for a night. But Mr.Zafar put in his best efforts and not only got us the rooms at the Akbar Hotel for all the days but also gave us the wonderful expereince of a night's stay at the Boat house which was really unforgetable. I would certainly recomment this hotel to all my friends who wants to visit Kashmir and I am sure that they will also have a most pleasurable experience with the best facilities.

Pramila Chidambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Room Tip: Express you preference to the front desk so they could help you out the best they can.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Pramila C
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Akbar Hotel is a nice suite for whom travailing to Kashmir. Good service very friendly and homely staff.
I Have booked total 06 night and 5 days tour from Hotel akabar .Situated at Dalgate1,View of Dallake from Hotel is very pleasant one can take shikara from hotel and enjoy the beauty of Dal lake.
Hotel is very good with Centrally situated Garden. In April one can enjoy blossom season at hotel garden with variety of flower.
I am little afraid as I am travailing along with my old age parents and little niece but ones I arrived at shrinager fear was almost vanish after meeting our pick up cab driver Ismaile.He is very friendly and had very good knowledge about culture and heritage of kashmir.
I am pleased by the hotel staff as they provided special shikara to my old age parents till hotel gate.
We provided a very good garden facing family room as we all want to stay together. Roomes are very spacious with 21” LCD TV.
Its a rainy day so temp. is bit low quite enough to shiver Mumbai people. Faruq a very friendly and helping staff member from hotel ,provided us hot Bages and hitter to make room warm .
From second day our actual tour is started hotel provided us a chevrolet Tavera vehical.Mr.Ashraf is our Guide and Driver a well educated and well behaved person I ever meet.End of the tour he became like a family for us.He take very personal care of my parents and introduce us with kashmiri cusine Gustaba take us to the most exotic destination like Pahlgam,Sonamarg and Gulmarg
Customer Service was excellent. Mr. Firoz,Rohit Reddy and Hasan at reception did whatever he could in order to make the stay pleasant.
I would definately recommend this to all types of travellers who visited shrinager. It has a friendly atmosphere, the breakfast,Dinner is really good, the staff are helpful and also the owner(Mr.Zaffer) is very down to earth .
Since I was travelling with Old age parents, they always helped and suggested the right places to go.My Parents and niece are to pleased by the staff that they still miss everybody.
I would definately return back to this hotel in the near future. Its a visting like second home in shrinager and will recommend all my friends to visit these hotels.

Room Tip: Garden Facing Roomes are Excellant
7 Thank tarannum786
chennai
Reviewed 28 April 2012

we the people of chennai (group of seven) visited the Akbar hotel and stayed for 5 full days
since arrival we felt as though we have been received by the fairies in the paradise, such a cool
place, cool staff , no words to explain their welcoming tenor, i daresay i \we may not get it any
where in the corner of india or in a globe..For instance dinner time , the staff, i could say i do not
want to say naming them server, or anyother thing in the dictionary, simply home like treatment
in a nutshell, we all feel OH why we are leaving, . i personally feel that every year or an alternate
i could stay here a month taking no money from the owner of the hotel do service to the tourist
and learn the mannerism, verbal behaviour etc etc. LONG LIVE AKBAR HOLTEL, LONG LIVE STAFF, LONG LIVE KASHMIRIS.

S.HARI HARA KUMAR AND TROUP.

Room Tip: as mentioned above.
3 Thank kalpana k
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was amazed and pleased as I came across the kind hospitality extended to me by Hotel Akbar
I was touched by the fact that the owner took personalized care to each and every customer who steps into the hospitality of Akbar.I booked a package with them for 5 nights & 6 days and during that period ( April 2012 ) I enjoyed the manner they perform there duty in keeping the things in stream line despite the fact that Kashmir was lagging tourism for last many years.The courage and determination displayed by the team in keeping there customers happy reflect great credit to the management

I Wish them best and it is my pleasure to submit the review so that the other travelers will be benefited

Room Tip: Book well in advance because hotel remains packed mostly
3 Thank Hiteshbat