“Kashmir Trip”

Kashmir Valley Travels Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Srinagar
More attraction details
Owner description: Kashmir Valley Travels has three decades of experience in operating treks, tours and safaris in India for visitors from all around the world. Small groups and individual itineraries are catered for, and we are able to arrange individual hotel reservations and travel arrangements for your trip in order to make your travel India as simple as possible. We send over 500 trekkers into India in one season, and are proud of our well-earned reputation for providing safe treks, rafting expeditions and jungle safaris across India. It is for this reason that we have keen adventurers returning to us year after year.
Chennai, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kashmir Trip”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

During April 2012 i went to kashmir with my family... totally we were 4 family went together... and first i enquired about this trip in tripadvisor.com... it was really worthfull getting information about the weather, places to be seen and finalizing the itinerary etc. etc... especially i have to convey my thanks to Mr Ashis, who is an expert in advising the travellers who are willing to visit kashmir... his valuable advise helped us a lot in successful trip of kashmir... i would like to convey my thanks to tripadvisor.com for creating me an opportunity for interacting with expert people like ashis to make the tour more successful... since i have visited this place, i am now ready to share my experience for others who are willing to go to kashmir...

Vijaykumar

Visited April 2012
4 Thank Vijay K
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
Penang Island, Malaysia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Srinagar houseboat stay in Kashmir”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

There were four of us travelling to Srinagar in Kashmir. We were welcomed by our tour guide who immediately drove us to Dal Lake and took a Shikara boatride to one of the houseboat for a five nights stay. The city was founded by King Pravarasena over 2000 years ago, is famous for its lakes and handicrafts and dry fruits export. An evening cruising on the Dal Lake is most soothing and relaxing where we witness the floating vegetable market with many species of aquatic birds on the lake, nestling on surrounding trees and floating marshes. Srinagar is a must visit place to experience the joy and fantastic environment of staying in a houseboat!!

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Crazyhorse2712
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful Kashmir!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was booked a 7 day Srinigar houseboat stay in Delhi (which i was mad at myself for doing) and got picked up in Kashmir by Arif. While february is a cold time of year, i had heated blankets, and holding a kongra in your poncho is always an easy way to stay warm =/ I've been here 3 weeks now and the only reason Im leaving is because this is just the start of my 6 month journey or else i would stay till summer. Living with the family has been amazing, and I would recommend it for anyone (im 21 and from Canada). Id never goto a hotel in kashmir because theres just too much you'd miss out on. Ive gone for barber shaves/looked for wild duck to eat/been taken to amazing street food on many nights and basically done fun stuff that I wouldnt of been able to do before. Arifs become a good friend and is extremely generous (always buying oranges/food when we go places). I went with on of their guides to the mountains for 3 days where I trekked (snowy) and smnowboarded/played with the village kids all day. Arifs circle of friends a completely selfless, and kind hearted group (hope you get to meet Goulma) and I hope the rest of the people in india are just as amazing, im off to agra soon. Im coming back hopefully in the summer for 15 day trekking because I love the mountains and have heard lots about it from the different friends in kashmir that ive met. anyways ive travelled most of europe and hostels never compare to staying with arifs family and the fun I've had. My highlight is playing carrum with their uncle faithfully for almost every day =)

David from Ottawa