1,242 results
All reviewshill topinfinity poollatitude restauranthill overlookingjade dragonpremium indulgence roommain buildingin room diningtulip gardenduty managerbeautiful propertyexcellent viewpanoramic viewrooms are hugef broom servicebreakfast spread
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

The place was renovated and new buldings were build last year so the main bulding is old and not attractive and the new ones as well as the pool area great .
Service is good . The food was good and again the view was very nice from the teracce. The room spacious with lake view. Overall a very nice place. Main problems not serving snacks and drinks in the pool!!!' not attractive common areas fe bars lobby etc

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I went there with my family in July. When we arrived at the hotel I couldn't stop glaring at the view. Brilliant. We were loving the hotel. We got an excellent driver from the hotel who knew every inch of the state. The room was very cosy and the area was very peaceful since it was on top of a tall hill. Although the service in the hotel was poor. It was not up to its name. The food wasn't up to its name either. For a hotel like Taj the service should have been much better. If you want to stay in the Vivanta by Taj Srinagar then you will only stay for the view. If you are looking for a hotel for the same price, go for Lalit Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sahas B
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed at Taj Vivanta Srinagar for two nights in June'12. This hotel has excellent location on top of a hill. There are two levels of the rooms. Lower levels rooms are useless. There is no view. I wasted my one night in the lower level room given to me on first night. Then on my insistence, the hotel management shifted me to the higher level room. This room had amazing view of the lake, Shankaracharya and Parimahal etc.. I was happy to find that the management was helpful though the front desk staff was rude and always lying to the guests. The Indian and Chinese food was excellent and service was damn good.

Overall, I was quite happy over my decision to stay at Taj Vivanta even though it was pretty expensive.

Room Tip: select the upper level rooms which have better lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The best view in Srinagar. One one side you can see the entire Dal Lake, and the mountains on the other. The food and service is good, but can be a lot better. The rooms are big, and the bathrooms are huge. Great view from the rooms. Nice balconies. If you are planning a trip to Srinagar, there are mainly two places to stay, the other one being The Grand Palace. would rate Taj a few notches higher.

Room Tip: Choose from the rooms that are before the main block. Better view and easy approach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Well this property is the best property in srinagar. We were in doubt while choosing this hotel against Lalit, but once we enetered this hotel we became sure that our decision was not wrong, we also went to have a lunch in Lalit to confirm the same. And too our surprise Lalit is far behind Vivanta Dal View. May it be quality of rooms, may it be food, or the staff. Though Lalit is very big as its a palace, but still the Taj is the hotel to stay in. I must say that every thing was excellent over here. Staff was courteous and the food was just amazing. Located on a hill top this hotel provides a good view of dal lake as the name suggests. Though it is little far from main city, but anyways who would like to stay in crowded city. You must opt for a complete package provided by the hotel which includes airport transfers, one day sightseeing, breakfast and some meal coupons. The food over here is just awesome, also you can ask chef to cook as per your choice. I have already sent many of my friends and family members over here, and everyones experience was just the same.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple