“GOOD ECONOMICAL & HAPPY COTTAGE TRULY!!!”

Hotel JH Bazaz (Happy Cottage)
Ranked #2 of 139 Hotels in Srinagar
Reviewed 3 July 2012

By going through all the reviews of this hotel I had booked this hotel for my 14 and 15 May 2012 visitI am happy to write a review of this hotel and truly it is a good option if you are looking for a economical stay.
The hotel is family run hotel and the owner and his son Mr. Sarwar are too helpful and it was a lovely interaction with them.

Points I would like to enlighten:

(1) Good Hotel and safety

(2) Mr. Sarwar and his care taker are very helpful.

(3) Rooms are clean and furnished.

(4) Any advice or suggestion needed Sarwar was always there to help out.

Food i think its better to have outside as the food was vrey spicy even on saying to make it non spicy it was very spicy.

But overall a GOOD AND ECONOMICAL STAY and SAFE.

Cheers!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abhijithora

Reviewed 19 June 2012

After reading many reviews of lots of hotels I decided to book Hotel JHbazaz as we were 14 persons (12 adults and 2 children) as in very nominal rates we were getting lot of facilities e.g. stay for 5 nights and 6 days, excursion to Sonmarg, Gulmarg, one night stay in Pahlgam and 1 night stay in Houseboat, local sightseeing, gandola ride, 2 tevera vehicles including parking, toll and taxes etc.

I have gone through many places in India and abroad and hired nearly all types of accomodations like budget hotels to 5 star hotels but never wrote any feedback for any hotel. For the very first time I am writing a review for any hotel because normally we pay for accomodation, stay there enjoy there and return to our home.

This tour to Srinagar showed me what the hospitality is? We went to this hotel which is not so hi-fi but neat and clean. Every day we woke up and saw Mr. JH Bazaz (Owner) and Mr. Sarwan Bazaz (son of owner) is standing for our morning welcome. The vehicles are ready for our excursions and sightseeing. The team of Sh. Sarwar Bazaz is excellent as the driver Sh. Abdul Ji is not only a driver but a guide with you. The waiter Sh. Shaukat is not a waiter but care taker for you. If you are not well he will accompany you to doctor. The food is similar to your home made meal with excellent taste. Don't miss to have tomato soup there. Even on last date my wife wished to see her school at morning 5.00 A.m because she belongs to Srinagar and studied till 8th Standard there as we checked out early for our flight at 7.00 A.m . Even that wish was fulfilled by Sh Sarwar and Sh. Abdul on the way to Airport. I don't have words to thanks Sh. JH Bazaz and Sh. Sarwar. I will advise Hotel Management people to visit there and learn what the Hospitality means. Only softly talk is not hospitality, if a customer want tea or coffee or desire anything, don't wait for waiter or anybody else but do it yourself so what if you are an owner. I and my family bless for Sh. Bazaz to live a long and healthy life so that tourists could be served like home away home in Srinagar. I will highly recomend this hotel for tourist visiting Srinagar at least for the first time because you will never visit to any hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank amitkakkar617
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thanks for posting your review.

Stay blessed......................

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel from 30th may to 2nd june 2012. We reached there at about 3.30 am but even at that time we got warm welcome from the hotel owner Mr. Sarwar. It was just like our second home. Everybody in our group like this happy cottage very much. Mr. Sarwar and his father were really very helpful and co- operative. This hotel is very close to dal lake but not on the bouleverd road. The rooms are really neat and clean. I must suggest to all the travellers to enjoy kashmir and stay at Mr. Sarwar's Happy Cottage.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dr_Swarup_Das
Reviewed 18 June 2012

By going through all the reviews posted here I have booked this hotel in the month of March for my June (8to12) visit.I am now just back from paradise & happy to write this review.We all are very happy and I myself now thinking that by choosing hotel j.h bazaz I have made an wise decision in my tour plan. Hotel JH. Bazaz is not a hotel we usualy get in tourist spots.It treated us not just guests but as a part of family.During our four days (june8 to12) we all felt it like our own home.In our team my parents first requirement was hot water in bathroom and hot drinking water.We all got adequate amount of hot water every day.Me and my wife's requirement was privacy and Jh bajaj is realy the good and secure place a couple desire for. One day instead of hotel food we decided to take our dinner outside the hotel.that day it was raining Mr sarwar even provided us umbrella for our outside dinner. So in my view jh bazaz is truely a happy cottage.All the readers who are in the doubt of hotel quality in their travel plans I can assure that everybody can not get everything out side the home but in jh bazaz you will get very cordial hospitlity by Sarwar Javed & his father.Last of all by using this forum I want to thank Mr. Sarwar again for such a good hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sudipto28
sarwarjavidbazaz, Owner at Hotel JH Bazaz (Happy Cottage), responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thanks Dear........
Regards to all.......

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I reached Srinagar on 28th May with my family. We were amazed by the level of cleanliness at the hotel, reasonable rates and warm & friendly services by Mr. Sarwar & his father. Throughout our stay, we felt completely at home and not like we were in a hotel in some hill station. Our entire travel and other arrangements were done by Sarwar and well managed by his team of drivers headed by Abdul bhai. We very fondly remember that Abdul bhai brought a cake for my daughter on the second day of sight seeing which he probably overheard her talking about wanting to try. Another instance which we can't forget is that Sarwar personally came to see us off at 5 am in the morning when all his workers were asleep.

We send warm regards and wishes for a bright future to this team of father and son!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

My Heartfelt thanks to all our guests who had been here and spent their time for writing their reviews..
May God bless you all..........